Reschedule surgery ...hurricane? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reschedule surgery ...hurricane? Reschedule surgery ...hurricane?

Unread 09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Reschedule surgery ...hurricane?

Michelle,

I just wanted to say that I hope that you and your family stay safe if the storm heads your way. And I know that it does terrible things to your mind when you have built yourself up to have surgery - and then it gets postponed! But I agree with the others, it's probably a good idea...just in case!

We'll be thinking about all of you ladies in the path of the storm! Hopefully Rita looses strength!

Lots of s
Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 04:51 PM

I would definitely reschedule. I had my surgery the day Katrina hit (though) I am in California...it was all I watched in the hospital on tv day and night. I remember thinking how could anyone have the same surgery as me and have to deal with a hurrican along with trying to recover. If I had to evacuate the hospital on day one or two..I probably would not have been able to. Play it safe.
Unread 09-20-2005, 06:07 PM

I can understand how you feel. I was worried a hurricane would hit for my surgery. Thank God it was clear sailing. But after Charley, last year, I worry every day during the hurricane season. If you postpone it, it'll be one less thing to worry about this weekend.

I wish you good luck w/Rita, and good health.
donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM

Thank you, thank you , thank you for all the wonderful support. Surgery is cancelled and can't be rescheduled until next week and will probably be in October.

We found a place in Burnet Texas where we are going, horse and all! Its a haul (4 hours) but worth it to be out of harms way.

Thanks again for the s and support!

My love to all!
Unread 09-21-2005, 10:31 AM

Please be safe, Michelle, I really am worrying about you, Sister!!! I will be praying for you!

s
Christy
Unread 09-21-2005, 11:08 AM

Be safe Michelle, drive safely. I think we are staying, but we are in Ft Bend County, not near the coast. I am so scared. Please check in when you can so we'll know you're okay.
Unread 09-21-2005, 11:17 AM

I guess up here in the Northern part of Michigan I'm pretty naive when it comes to hurricanes. The worst we have is snow storms that leave feet of snow at a time.

I'm still in shock about Katrina. For some reason didn't even connect it w/ sisters here and having to deal with surgery and recovery.

You ladies are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unread 09-21-2005, 07:30 PM

(((Michelle))) You are in my !! Do let us know you are safe as soon as you are able!
Unread 09-21-2005, 08:26 PM

Drive safely, Michelle! I'm glad to hear you decided to hold off on your surgery. I know it was a difficult decision - but your safety, and the safety of your family is sooo important! And I'm thrilled that you were able to find a place to take your horse, too - I'm sure that takes a huge load off of your mind! Let us know you are safe, as soon as you can!

And Kim M - please be careful! I don't know much about Texas - suppose I could find me a map - but I hate the thought of you being so near this storm! I've been watching the weather channel and cnn.....and I can't imagine being there. Please take care.

Just as a side note - I realize this has nothing to do with The Road (at least not in HS terms!) - but I have to ask you Texans and Louisians - why the interstate??? Everybody jams onto the interstate! I would think you would get somewhere quicker on a two lane highway?! lol - just curious!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!
Cortney
Unread 09-21-2005, 08:27 PM

Michelle,
Boy I'm glad your leaveing ! Stay safe, and if you can bring extra gas for your vehicle!! We still are haveing shortages in Panama City, and this is for the hurrican the hit in Miss. and New Orleans!! We've ran out of diesel feul which feuls our work trucks! So it's been a hunt for gas almost daily!!
Stay safe!! And check in with us all when you can!!...Netty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register