Reschedule surgery ...hurricane? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reschedule surgery ...hurricane? Reschedule surgery ...hurricane?

Unread 09-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Reschedule surgery ...hurricane?

Michelle, I hope that you and your family will be safe and whatever is decided will work out. I pray for all those in the path of Rita, as of this morning on the news I saw that it was upgraded already to a CAT 5!!!!!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers sweetie!!!!!!

jody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Thanks everyone. We are waiting to leave until tomorrow morning, if at all. For now, looks like we might be out of the path. My horse went out to a friend's ranch in the country and he'll be safe there, at least 100% more safe than where he was.

s for all
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:09 PM

Hey Michelle, Just stay safe Lady!! and take heed to the gas situation!! As I said when people panic in the gas situation..it dissapears in a hurry!!...Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2005, 08:33 PM

(((Michelle)))
I hope you are safe and your horse is too! And Kim, I hope you are inland enough to where it doesn't effect you either (btw love the graduation pic--so proud ofyou!)
Please let us know how you both are doing otherwise I will sit here and worry big time
Unread 09-24-2005, 08:51 PM

(((Michelle))) I hope that you weren't stuck in the traffic nightmare. We stayed put and are safe. Safe, but exhausted and hurting from all the stress and extra work involved in securing our home and treasured items.
Unread 09-24-2005, 11:04 PM

Michelle, I hope you and your family were sparred from Rita's rath. I am glad you decided to reschedule your surgery even if it was only for peace of mind. I am from Baton Rouge Louisiana and was sched for surgery one week after Katrina. I debated on rescheduling my surgery also even though I personally was not effected by Hurricane Katrina. I kept thinking about all those people effected and for more worse shape than me.At least I had a home and roof over our heads. Anyway, I figured my DR would call me and cancel my surgery since our area had so many new people from N.Orleans and thought our local hospitals would be full. I went to my pre-op visit and was told it could be cancelled anytime. I kept waiting and finally the big day came. I had my surgery and it went well, but I felt guilty and selfish having my surgery and would start thinking about the numerous people that lost everything they had and didn't have a home, any money or food for their kids. So I understand your wanting to reschedule your surgery and we hope that you and your family are safe and secure.Our prayers are with you. Carrie
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:14 AM

Thanks everyone! Well, guess what ... surgery is going to be tomorrow and at a different hospital. Not my preference, but a big part of me wants to get this thing overwith! At least I don't have a long time to worry about it.

for all and thanks again and welcome
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:32 AM

Michelle!
I wanted to let you know that I will be thinking and praying for you, I too will be in the hospital this week! I am so glad you are finally going to be able to put all of this behind you!
Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery!

Mel
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:46 AM

michelle35
I only waited three weeks for my tah/bso. I took me 2 weeks to get a second opinion with an onocologist/gyno. He agreed that I needed a tah/bso, but I could wait awhile, no rush. When I went back to my regular gyno he wanted to do it "right away". So the surgery was set for one week. Yikes! I had a lot to do, so the days went by pretty quickly. It didn't give me too much time to sit and worry (although I did plenty of that!).

I'm glad that it's over, and hopefully you will be too.

Best of luck!
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:15 AM

((Michelle))
Although it is not exactly what you wanted, I know that if you had to keep waiting you would have gone nuts! You will be in my prayers tomorrow and I am sure everything will go just fine and after your stay at the castle, and you get settled at home, let us know how you are doing. Much love,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register