Results of CT scan! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Results of CT scan! Results of CT scan!

Unread 10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Results of CT scan!

Hi Netty
I think I was off of work for 3 1/2 weeks after my GB surgery. I had general anesthesia and so did my sister who just had her gb removed a few months ago. I think that is the normal anesthesia for that kind of surgery. Be sure to ask your dr.Also be sure to tell your dr. about how much lifting you do at work.
Good luck. When is your surgery scheduled for?
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Results of CT scan!

Hey Christy,
I e-mailed you girlfriend!! Thanks for the hugs!!...Netty
Unread 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Results of CT scan!

Hi Peggy,
Yes I've been told that it has to be done with general anesthesia, thats my Doctors biggest concern! I havent had anything scheduled as of yet. There trying to get me into Emory Univercity Hospital in Georgia. They want me to see a Anesthesiologist and a Neurologist to see if they can figure out the anesthesia reactions I'm haveing. There under the gun sorta speek, given the condition of my gallbladder.
They've faxed all the infor to these Doctors so I can get up there and they can figure all this mess out!!
It's made me totaly parinoid, just wanting all this over with!! I certiantly keeping busy with work...I worked 62 hours last week, and went camping with my Son with the Cub scouts this past weekend. It's just been very hard keeping my mind off of this!!
I did go pick up my CT report today and it's as bad as Doctor said! She didnt tell me the result of the Pelvic report which I also got a copy of that, I have a 2 cm cyst on my right ovary also. Which explains the ovarain pain I've been haveing!
All this should prove to you Ladies that if something dosen 't feel right...it probably isnt!! It dosent nessisarly mean it's something horrible but....We do know our bodies best and just keep fighting until your heard!!
I am fortunant that I do have a great Doctor ,and when ever I complain she doesnt hesitate to send me for testing!!
My sister did suggest tonight that I have the surgery in Georgia, given all the anesthesia problems it will probably be much safer!
I just need it to all be done and overwith!!
Take care Peggy. How are you feeling??.....Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Results of CT scan!

I am feeling ok Netty. My back is still giving me some problems. It seems better, then it starts acting up real bad again. It pops almost everytime I walk and I hurt alot. I am 3 weeks post op now. I have been real good about my restrictions. My family has been so good to me. Too bad they didn't understand how much I needed them after my hyst.
I am worried about what the neuro surgeon will say on the 14th. It has been wearing to have to wait so long to get in to see him.With my bowel and bladder and lack of sensation issues I am thinking it will be surgery. I just wish it could all be over too. I am not scared of another surgery, but the waiting is the worst.
I hope they have answers for you in Georgia.My mom had a bad anesthesia reaction years ago. She ended up in ICU for days. The next time she needed gallstones pushed through the duct, they just did a block on the abdominal area and did the procedure. Her health was bad then and couldn't stand to be put out either.
Hopefully the hospital in Georgia will be able to find out what will be the best way to take care of your GB.
Keep thinking positive!
Peggy
Unread 10-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Results of CT scan!

((Netty)) I am sorry to hear about your allergic reactions and now your GB. I had mine out 4 months before my hyst by lap and I am an RN so I did a lot of lifting and I was out for 3 weeks.
One suggestion though to help you through dealing with the GB pain until you have surgery....the more fat you eat in a meal, the more your gallbladder contracts and reacts, thus causing more pain. I went on a completely fat-free diet for a few weeks before my surgery and it was a freakin miracle! Also eat smaller frequent meals instead of 3 normal meals, but seriously the fat thing is true...try it and I will be sending tons of prayers your way that you are virtually pain free til surgery and that they find out what in the heck is going on with the allergic reactions to the anesthesia. oh- you also said that you found out you are allergic to narcotics too---what type of reaction did you have with narcotics?
Unread 10-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Results of CT scan!

Hi Ladies,
Just an update on the situation..I have an appt. this Thursday the 13th in UAB Alabama(LONG STORY!) with the Neurologist. I have a tenitive appt. set up with a surgen on Nov. 1st. only "IF" the Neuro clears me for surgery!! Otherwise I am to cancel this appt! I had a follow-up with the surgen who did this last surgery...he said "NO MORE SURGERY FOR YOU GIRL"! So I handed him my CT report...He said...OH.....So what is "YOUR" Dr. going to do about it"? In other wards....SEE, YA, WOULNT WANT TO BE YA!!! He said there isnt an anesthesiologist in this town who would be willing to touch you!!! NICE HUH???
I can only hope I don't end up in THAT possition!!!
I'll let you know what the Neurologist says on thursday...Of course this will be a 12 hour round trip, for a 30 minute consultion!! Then I'll have to go back and forth I'm sure just for testing!!! BUT...I have NO CHOICE in the matter!! As I said I'll keep you all posted....thanks for being here....Netty
Unread 10-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Results of CT scan!

I'll be praying for you Netty. I can't imagine going that long distance for appts. I know you have to do it though. I will never complain of driving the 63 miles each way to my uro/gyn appts.
I hope the neurologists figure out what happens when you are under anesthesia and can make it so you can get your GB out.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
s
Peggy
Unread 10-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Results of CT scan!

Thanks Peggy,
I think reality finally kicked in with the severeity of this whole situation! When my surgen said.."there isnt an anesthesiologost in this town who will touch you"....thats when it all hit me!! Here I thought that I'd feel better just knowing he was aware of the situation and could maybe put in a warning with anesthesia just in case my gallbladder gives out...Well that sure didnt happen did it!!
They have to figure out something!! I did look this Neuro up on line,well lets just say....I REALLY HOPE HE BRINGS ALL HIS WISDOM that he's learned over all those years!!! He graduated college BEFORE I WAS BORN!!!! I just can't help thinking if I walk in there and he has one of those reflecters thingys on his head ....I'm turning tail and running!!!!LOL!
I'm just trying to bring in the humor to curb the fear, if you know what I mean!!
I really hope YOU appt. goes well also on Friday!! I wish you the best girl...and be sure to let me know how you make out!!....Netty
Unread 10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Results of CT scan!

((Netty))

You poor darling! What a nightmare time for you. Fingers crossed those experts get to sort this out real quick.....meanwhile, stick to that completely fat free diet. It's your best insurance against emergency surgery right now. The very very best of luck and I'll be thinking of you.

Many many s
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Results of CT scan!

Lynne,
Thank you so much for the hugs! I really just want this to be over already! Thanks again...Netty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register