Results of CT scan! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Results of CT scan! Results of CT scan!

Unread 10-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Results of CT scan!

Netty, You hang in there girl!! Sometimes laughter is the best medicine to get us thought these tough times. I will be praying your appt. goes well!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Go get em!!!

's
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Results of CT scan!

Mel,
Thanks!....The ENIGMA RIDES AGAIN!!! I'll let you all know! There has to be something they can do!! Thanks again....Netty
Unread 10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Results of CT scan!

Netty
What is ENIGMA ? My brain doesn't function so well anymore. LOL TOO much anesthesia this year. LOL
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Results of CT scan!

Hi Peggy, Don't feel bad...I HAD TO LOOK IT UP GIRL!!!
Enigma is: Something that is hard to explain or understand! It sure fits this situation!!
I did get my records yesterday. My body was combative for an entire HOUR!!!! Dispite the reversal agents and Narcan being administered!! An Dispite being restrained! No wonder they put me out a second time! Hell No WONDER I was so darn tired afterwards!! Totalaly unexplainable!! Netty
Unread 10-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Results of CT scan!

I'll have to look it up. Boy, what an experience!! Were you bruised up when you woke up? Are you getting nervous about your appt.? I am about both of mine, but also looking forward to answers.
s
Peggy
Unread 10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Results of CT scan!

Hi Peggy,
Well I did get a black eye out of the deal! They said I had hit my head several times on the rails before thy got ahold of me. But really ...I think they gave me a good right hook instead of the propofal to knock me out!!!LOL!
I'm actually kind of dreading the appt. The simple fact they WOULDNT let them fax the records to them means more than likely a 12 hour round trip for a stinken consultation! You know I was supose to see this same Doctor back in January for the November reaction...but I canceled it because I wasnt going to drive all that way for a consult!! So I went to a local Neurologist instead! It just really ticks me off, the simple fact the price of gas, the hotel room , and missing 2 days of work of which I have to make up this weekend...all for a consult!! And you know darn well that he'll want to run tests so I'll have to go back up there for that!! Thats why it makes me mad, If they would have just let them fax the records to them, he could have had a "game plan" when I got there!!
I also have the Tenitive appt. with the surgen on Nov. 1st, but she won't see me unless I am cleard by the Neuro!
It's all about money I guess!! I just got my insurance statement for this last deal..$.26,000 FOR THAT ONE DAY!!! I do have good insurance but it certiantly wont cover all that!! If this keeps up I'm going reach my lifetime limit on my insurance!! In November, it was 30,000 A DAY for ICU!! I was there for 3 days!! And I can only imagine what all this UAB business will cost!! ....BUT I'm not going to dwell on that ,because they get it when I DO!!
Well girl, I really wish you the best with your appt friday!! Be sure to fill me in..ok? Take Care....Netty
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Results of CT scan!

Well Ladies I had my Neuro appt.,
I got there with exactly 1 minute to spare!! Had to find parking. We drove in circles it seemed like forever!!
Anyway, I get there with all my records in hand..He comes in and I hand them to him...he says "I dont want to see the records"!? He says, "I want to know what "YOU" felt". So I said well, they said..he interups me and says "I dont want to know what they said, I want to know what YOU felt"! So I tell him, the fact in the November insident, I was apparently unresponsive for 5 hours dispite all the reversal drugs, and when I was being transferd to ICU I "mentaly" woke up. However, I couldnt move nor talk ,nor open my eyes. I wasnt breathing right, and I knew this, however I couldnt change it! I could hear and feel..but I couldnt tell them...so all the vigirous pain stimulation was VERY PAINFUL...BUT I couldnt tell them! And this continued for 3 days!That was with general anesthesia.
And this last insident I was unresponsive once again I was unresponsive, and I mentaly woke up when I became combative, however I had NO CONTROL!! I could here, and at least this time they did talk to me and told me they wouldnt leave me and I would be ok...With each dose of the reversal agents the combativeness intensified. I was being restrained by 6 people and they had to tie my arms down. This lasted an entire hour until they put me out again to protect me!
And this entire time the Neuro is intentaly listening. He said "Well obviously you need to have the surgery HERE! He said "I want to be part of the team, and be there when you come out of the OR. I don't want you getting ANY reversal drugs what so ever"! He said we'll let you come out of it on your own! I said HOW LONG WILL THAT TAKE? He said " I dont know...but I'll be there, and we'll take care of you, and if you need help breathing we'll do that"! It will all be done in an controlled enviroment and we will all be prepared!! I guess that' s the comforting part??!!
Other than the fact I'm SCARED TO FREAKEN DEATH, I really have No choice now do I?! He said of course you can wait, for an emergancy situation to develope and hope things turn out well...or we can plan and be prepared for anything!
He really feels that they are Over drugging me!, Not that there giving me more than the average person my size should get but....I just cant handle what the average person needs! And he said one of these days an Anesthesilogist is going to kill you by giving "you" just too much!
He wants to see me the day before my surgery so we can talk.
What he says does make since...but, My fear comes from the fact that I wake up "mentaly", What if I don't!!???With out the reversals?? I guess I'm just going to have to trust them....Total strangers, and take what comfort I can in the fact this is a University hospital, where the best of the best are supose to be!
Porbably If I didnt almost DIE in the last University hospital I'd really have more comfort, but I just feel I have NO CHOICE!!
As it stands today, I have an appt with the surgen on Nov. 1st. I just really hopeing this gallbladder hold out!! I'm feeling alot of pressure from it with every deap breath! I am going to call my GP monday and let her know and see if she feels It can wait until the 1st. I certiantly don't want anything done here!! So thats that!!....Netty
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Results of CT scan!

Hi Netty
It sounds like you found yourself a good dr. I think it is wonderful that he wants to be part of the team and kept telling you he would be there when you wake up. He sounds very responsible and caring to me.
You have to go for a consult the 1st, then come back home or will your surgery be the next day?
I hope everything turns out ok for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
I am having a double lumbar fusion (L4-5) and (L6-S1) on the 27th of this month. It is about a 3-4 hour surgery. I am panicking!!
Take care of yourself and IM me anytime you want to talk.
HUGS
Peggy
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Results of CT scan!

((Netty))

I did like the way the doctor asked how YOU felt....that was good. A lot of times these days that isn't exactly a question most doctors listen to very closely. But geez girl, I feel your fear and uncertainty. It's got to be way up there on the stress scale. Still, when it comes down to the crunch, you've got to put your faith in this guy. You don't have a heck of a lot of choice in the matter as your gallbladder has it's own agenda. I'd much rather you be having the surgery in a non-emergency situation. At least that way everything that can be planned beforehand will be in place and you're giving yourself the very best chance of it going smoothly. Good luck on the 1st and keep us informed how you're doing. We've all got our fingers and toes crossed for you!! Hang in there Netty!

Unread 10-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Results of CT scan!

((Peggy,))
Wow! I really hope this surgery takes care of all this pain issues for you!! I too would certiantly be very nervous! You also have my prayers girl!! I really wish you the best!!
As far as the surgery it hasnt been sceduled yet!! I'm really starting to get nervous about it actually holing out much longer!! As I said I can really feel it all the time and I contiue to loose weight! I just don't want it to get to the point that I'm not strong enough you know?? I've lost another 5 lbs, which is alot for me! And I'm just hopeing that thats why I can feel it so much more now, it literaly feels like its rubbing on my ribs! So as I said I am going to call my GP Monday and see what she feels.
((Lynne)),
I did really like the Doctor, and his approach. It totaly confused me intionaly because as you said NOT many Doctors ask you that!! And as I said wht he did say makes since....BUT...fear of the unknown..You know?? I have a feeling what they will probably is monitor my brain waves or whatever they do in the OR and give me "just" enough..you know what I mean?
I just want to wake up!! Anyway Lynne, thank you so much for you well wishes, and I'll keep you all updated.....Netty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register