Shaving? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Shaving?

I have been shaving 'down there' all summer....I just have a strip up the middle basically. Should I stop shaving or does it matter?

Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Shaving?

i think they shave u anyways so i dont think it matters but hey i shave completely so i guess one less thing for them to do ...lololol
Unread 09-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Shaving?

Hi Diana, and

We're happy you joined the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited hugs to dispense to you at all stages of your Journey to Good Health!

Your doctor will tell you if you need to shave prior to the surgery. Don't assume anything in this regard. Different doctors have different requirements.

Have fun exploring the site and making friends.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Shaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful_1
I have been shaving 'down there' all summer....I just have a strip up the middle basically. Should I stop shaving or does it matter?

Diana
hello, in my pre op paperwork it specified not to shave yourself (at least in the area they are doing surgery) said it helps to eliminate chance of infection (must be in case you nic yourself or something).i would keep on doing your usual shaving...leave the resy up to pre op team. wish you the best, bernice
Unread 09-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Shaving?

Hi,

Give your doctor a call and find out what you should do. I've known of surgeries which were canceled because the patient (or an over-zealous nursing student) took it upon themselves to shave. There is an increased risk of infection from small nicks in the skin, so many doctors either prefer that you not be shaved at all, or that it be done by the surgical staff after you're put to sleep.

Again, call and find out. Always better to be safe than sorry.

s,

Lisa
Unread 09-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Shaving?

I'm having a TVH and my doctor said during my preop that she wasn't going to shave the "landing strip" she was going to do a trim. She said that I could do it myself if I wanted but to be sure that I didnt cut myself. I think I'll let her do it. It isnt the most convient place to get to with a pair of sissors and I don't want to risk cutting myself and having my surgery cancelled. She did promise that she'd make both sides match.
Unread 09-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Shaving?

it's not an issue in the uk - you do it yourself if you like, or they do it for you if you haven't. It doesn't warrant a mention at the pre-op.
Unread 09-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Shaving?

I always use a sugar wax product down there. Will that be a problem? No one said anything about it and there wouldn't be any nicks.
Unread 09-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Shaving?

I shave completely and the nurses loved it!!!! 1 less thing for them to do
Unread 09-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Shaving?

I envy y'all your coordination! I gotta ask do you do this in front of a mirror?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register