After reading alot of the posts... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

After reading alot of the posts... After reading alot of the posts...

Unread 09-26-2005, 10:05 AM
After reading alot of the posts...

Am I the only one here having a hyster for cervical dyspasia? I have researched it online. Is this an uncommon reason to have a hysterectomy? I am confused by all of the abbreviations. I am starting to worry that maybe I should not have this done if it is not truely needed. I hope this is not a stupid question. I am just worried that maybe this is not the right choice. Thanks to all all who respond...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 10:15 AM

Hi, I had cervical dysplasia along with some other problems. My dr did not advise a hysterectomy for the dysplasia alone. I think that as you're unsure of what is best for you - a second opinion might help. It is certainly not a stupid question, a hyst is major surgery and you really should be certain that its what best for you. Please take the time to get a second ( or third even) before you make your decision.

s
Unread 09-26-2005, 10:15 AM

According to womans health channel the treatment depends on the severity of your dysplasia. But hysto doesnt seem to be a treatment plan unless of course you have been through the more non-evasive treatments such has Electrocauterization, Cryosurgery and cryocauterization, Laser vaporization or ablation, and a cone biopsy. Your doctor may be suggesting a hysto because your dyplasia is leaning towards cancer, therefore it might be to your best interest to contact your doctor and discuss your treatment options and I would also get a second opinion especially since dysplasia is the very beginning of cancer and if left untreated after several years could become cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 10:20 AM

I had my TVH done 01/04, and it was done because of CIN3 severe dysplasia. My birthmother died from cervical cancer, and my GYN didn't want to take any chances. Good thing too, my uterus turned out to have precancerous cells, and it couldn't have been detected any other way.
It's been 20 months, and I am feeling fine. What was right for me, may not be right for you, and I recommend you explore your options now. Because there's no going back!
Cathy
Unread 09-26-2005, 10:24 AM

I have had a second opinion. They do feel that this is the best option for me. I have had the LEEP done twice. Also scince I do not want anymore children my dr feels this is my best choice. I guess I was just concerned and scared. Thanks for the replies.
Unread 09-26-2005, 10:32 AM

well then i would say to have the hysto too as leaving the dysplasia could lead to cancer and you surely dont want that. but it is your choice to take as it is a final descion to make
Unread 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM

Sunflowers
Boy, I can understand your anxiety over this. It was a total shock to me when my dr diagnosed me with severe dysplasia, cin111 after a colposcopy w/leep cone biopsy. Because the dysplasia went into my endogland? the dr said I needed the hysterectomy (everything, TAH/BSO...uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, and ovaries) right away.

I would think seriously about going for a second opinion. I did. He did put my mind at ease (a little). Said yes, I should have it, but it was not a rush deal. But when I went back to my dr, he wanted to do it right away. So a week later I had the surgery.

To make a very long story short, everything went really well so far. I am now 6 1/2 wks post op and go for my last (hopefully) postop dr visit wednesday.

So, to answer your question, NO you are not alone. Hope all goes well for you.

donna
Unread 09-26-2005, 04:54 PM

I had sever dyslplasia, 23 years ago had a cone and it seemed to do the trick, they wanted to perform a hyst but I chose the cone. Glad I did, now after breast cancer and tamoxifen I have an enlarged uterine wall and polyps. Not really responding well to cancer meds and getting rid of the ovaries is gong to be a plus both ways.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register