Nioxin Hair Products? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nioxin Hair Products? Nioxin Hair Products?

Unread 09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Nioxin Hair Products?

Does anyone use this and are there any benefits? Also, do I need both conditioner and shampoo or can I just use the shampoo? Have short hair and just never used conditioner, but the stylist thought I should use both. Hair is so thin since hyst. Had thyroid checked and it's OK. Thanks. Lizziebird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Nioxin Hair Products?

It is a good (but expensive) product. Yes, I would use the scalp therapy (conditioner) along with the shampoo. It is not so much conditioning as it is a treatment for your scalp. You will have more body in your hair. I was was told when it first came onto the market that they were approved by the American Cancer Society; although, I have never actually looked up and verified that.

Good luck to you~
Cess
Unread 09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Nioxin Hair Products?

I've heard good things about Nioxin, but haven't used it myself. I've had good luck with the Infusium line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Nioxin Hair Products?

I have seen some wonderful results with nioxion. The cleanser cleans out the hair follicles of hormones ect. ( my husband is a welder and uses it as a body wash...works excellent!!...I use it as a facial cleaser) Some hair loss and thinning,is due to plugged follicles and eventually the cappileries die off. The scalp thearapy (conditioner) stimulates the scalp. Drawing the blood back up so to speak. In combination with these two products there is a treatment. The treatment is pure nutrtion. These products create an optimun enviorment for hair growth. Use these three for one month and then encorporate a product called follicle booster. I am lucky and I am able to get the products wholesale. There are staterkits available. Please excuse my grammer...it is am and i am outs a coffee. Good luck and if you have any more Q's feel free to email me.
Unread 10-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Nioxin Hair Products?

Thanks for all the answers. OUr local beauty supply was having buy 1 get 1 free so got both for the price of one-but didn't have much choice left. I ended up with shampoo and scalp treatment for chemically treated hair even tho I don't use anything on my hair. It was the only selection left that I could match them both up in. They say smoothing protectives and are a gray bottle. The shampoo does not suds well-do I just need to use more or is this how it is? I did notice that it really took off a bunch of dead skin around my forehead hairline so I assume that is good?
Unread 10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Nioxin Hair Products?

Greetings. Sounds like you got in on a great deal. The smoothing line is for course hair. Nioxion has a great web site. Good luck. Let me know how it goes further down the line. LOL.. I am not the best typer to begin with..let alone without my coffee. Beth
Unread 10-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Nioxin Hair Products?

my hair was thinning b4 the hyst so dreading it incase gets worse! can you still colour your hais when using nioxin? i really dont want to go grey yet, im only 42 and grey just doesnt suit me,lol, wel thats my excuse n im sticking to it!
Unread 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Nioxin Hair Products?

Hello. You for sure can use nioxion when your hair is colored. You would use the white bottles with gold tops. they are called protectives.White bottles with white tops are actives..this line is use for non-chemically treated hair. They also have a wonderfull line of styling products that do not clog the follicles. A deep repair mask and weightless recontructor. These are excellent for a once a week treatment. Bliss..which is a daily leave in conditioner. Have a great day.
Unread 10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Nioxin Hair Products?

Nioxin made my hair straw like! I ended up with breakage due to how it was so dry. I switched to Nu Hair..cheaper and seemed to treat my hair better...I use their shampoo, conditioner, and pills..the DHT blocker..which enriches the follicle. It is a tough road..Good luck whatever you choose!
Unread 10-14-2005, 03:12 AM
Nioxin Hair Products?

thanQ bethmarie and jeepchick, i shall look and see if these hair products are available in england or online.x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register