prolapse/ct-scan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prolapse/ct-scan prolapse/ct-scan

Unread 09-27-2005, 03:19 PM
prolapse/ct-scan

Hi I was wondering if a prolapse would show up with a ct scan with contrast? I had this today,but when I called for a follow up to get results I found out dr is out of town next week, so I couldn't get in til Oct 17 for results. I am so frustrated, because I am sure I have a prolapse and had it before my hyster Nov. 2004, but my dr feels it's just ibs- he did a colonoscopy back in 2000 when I first started complaining (I had bleeding hemorroids)and all was fine and I was told to just take zelnorm and up my fiber, water and excercise. I have gone back on many occasions with similar results and finally gave up. then after the hyster finding out I had adhesions which trapped my bowels down and totally covered my appendix I went back to him and he still thinks it is ibs, but he has done an endoscopy which was fine ( i knew that one would be because that is not the end with problems) I have severe hemorrioids (from not being able to have a bm properly)even though I have never had children due to severe endo...I had pain and it felt like things stopped on my lower right abdomen pre-surgery and sure enough that was where my bowels were trapped and now it's mostly in the lower left abdomen, but I am having pain from between where my ribs meet clear into my rectum- sometimes feels like squeezing sometimes stabbing. Sometimes I have to splint to bm sometimes I don't. I am also having severe bladder spasms and if my bowels are full I have a hard time emptying my bladder, I get so bloated from not having a bm it's horrible and when I try to give myself an enema it hurts really bad getting it 1/2 way inside my rectum like something is in the way- does this make any sense at all?? I feel like maybe I am a hypochondriac - I am doing 2 more appt. the follow up with the gastro and then the one with the urologist and if they find nothing I am honestly giving up. I am super healthy - I eat raw vegan 80% of the time and the other 20% is cooked vegan so I live on fiber, I drink 100 fl. oz h2o daily and I excercise 3 hours a day 5-6 days a week, so it's not from any of those above things. I am just at the end of my rope and I sometimes just get so tired of fighting with these dr.'s to try to have quaility of life- so if any of you ladies have any thoughts...pass them my way -
Thanx for reading
peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
prolapse/ct-scan

Tina,
I've not had a prolapse, but from reading here I think the prolapse is easier for your doctor to find if he/she examines you standing up. Has any of your doctor's examined you standing up?

If you're not comfortable with your doctor's decisions or diagnosis, you can seek another opinion. I've been thru alot of doctors since my hyst and have learned never to settle for what I feel is basically just brushing my concerns off.

I've been examined from top to bottom and have had all the tests top to bottom and nothing has ever been found. Yet, I still suffer. Who knows what is wrong? I have not given up though! You shouldn't either. Thru perseverance I have found some clues to some of my problems, but if I had given up I would've never gotten there.

Unread 09-27-2005, 05:07 PM
prolapse/ct-scan

Oh ((((Tina)))) I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time

I had my hyst, almost 5 years ago, due to a very large fibroid and a rectocele (rectum prolapsing into the vagina). I've also sufferred from IBS from as long as can remember. Both the rectocele and the IBS caused issues such as chronic constipation alternating with bouts of diarrhea severe bloating and discomfort and difficulty having a BM.

In my case, the prolapse was easily diagnosed as my rectum was bulging at the entrance of the vagina, however, (((Kim)))) is right: in some cases, it can only be diagnosed when the woman is examined standing up.

Where fiber and IBS is concerned, I've noticed that, in my case, I've got to be careful how much fiber I take in: if I have too much, I end up bloated and constipated. Where water is concerned, for me, it needs to be at room temperature or warmer. Warm water favors good digestion.

I agree that if your doctor does not have any answers for you it's probably time to seak a second opinion.

Lots of s are going your way. Please, don't give up and do keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2005, 05:18 PM
prolapse/ct-scan

Thank you Kim & Dany
I should've dropped a not here a long time ago...So you don't think a cat scan will show a prolapse?? I definitely have something at the entrance of my vagina, but I have yet to get any dr. to hear me when I say that...Hopefully this new woman urologist I am seeing in Nov. can check this for me. I will keep you posted as to what I find out.
As for the ibs - I honestly don't think this is my problem, because I have tried everything with no change.
Thanks again
peace
Unread 09-27-2005, 05:58 PM
prolapse/ct-scan

Tina,
I've had the diagnosis of IBS also, and while I had been told I had IBS before the hyst, my symptoms are very different now. I have since found out I have food allergies, candida, and a very weak immune system. While I do think that IBS is a legitimate diagnosis, it is not the answer for everyone. Unfortunately, when tests prove inconclusive, many doctors say "IBS". I had to keep looking and finally found a doctor who looked beyond the IBS diagnosis.

I am not cured, but I know more now than I did than, and I have a few doctors who keep working with me and know that my symptoms are more than IBS.

You're not alone Tina. Keep looking for answers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register