No diagnosis really | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No diagnosis really No diagnosis really

Unread 09-29-2005, 02:55 PM
No diagnosis really

So my dr tells me i have adenomyosis. Or so she thinks. Well i had my u/s and showed no problems. so is she just WRONG? i mean i do have bleeding, cramping, clots, pain with periods, pain even without periods. rectal cramping and pain all throughout the month. classic adeno, what is wrong? will they find something once they go in? should this even be done? i have my pre op tomorrow and i'm definitely going to ask these questions, just wondering what you all thought??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2005, 03:08 PM
No diagnosis really

I had a D & C after I had those symptoms.
Unread 09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
No diagnosis really

Hi Niki, can they do a lap "look around" and see how things look inside? I had many of the symptoms you do.
But the reason for my problems was that my uterus was tilted towards the back and crushing my bowels and spine. Also it was misshapen and larger at the bottom than the top. One my dr. saw that he new I needed alot of help. AND he could show me actual pictures! My uterus looked like someone had blown it up bigger and jammed it in there. What a relief now that it is gone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2005, 03:31 PM
No diagnosis really

i would definately get a second opinion. you must have total faith in your dr. and her diagnosis

and if you think she might be wrong do more research. please don't jump into this surgery.

adeno is very hard to diagnose and most dr's will tell you that a pathology report is the evidense they need to confirm it. is your uterus enlarged and boggy?

i would ask about alternatives first.

jane321
Unread 09-29-2005, 04:33 PM
No diagnosis really

I agree, since you have so many doubts - a second opinion would be a good idea. Please take the time to research and weigh all your options before you make the decision.

Best wishes, I'll pray that you can get the answers that you need and can make a decision that you feel comfortable with.

s
Unread 09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
No diagnosis really

I agree w/the sisters. I would think a laporoscopy/hystoroscopy would of been standard to obtain a diagnosis. Are you sure your insurance is going to cover your hyst without a diagnosis? Something to look into.
Unread 09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
No diagnosis really

Hi,

I had many of the same symptons as you and a D&C, 3 ultrasounds that only showed a bulky uterus. My doctor after going through my history and doing an examination said my uterus was enlarged to the size of 14 week pregnancy and he believed I had adenomyosis and he was so right. It would seem as if it's hard to diagnose without pathology but he did ask me things to see if they were happening and whilst I'd not told anyone about these things he was correct with what he asked.

Sometimes we just have to have faith but if your still unsure perhaps seek another opinion.

Take care........Karen
Unread 10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
No diagnosis really

i have to say, i had a lap. 4/05 and they did not see adeno. i had mri which did not diagnose it. i did not have boggy uterus or enlarged, but the pathology confirmed that it was adeno. i guess everyone is different
Unread 10-11-2005, 06:30 PM
adeno

Niki,

Same thing here. My first dr said possible adeno. She did no testing which made me uncomfortable. My second opinion doc did u/s and exam and said my uterus was enlarged, boggy, spongy, tilted. He said he suspected adeno because of all my symptoms {VERY heavy bleeding, clots, some pain, anemia, constant fatigue) pointed to it but that there was no test that could assure me it was adeno. That's the same thing my first dr said. It's hard to believe but it seems true. My pathology came back as adeno and I am so glad to have that thing gone. I feel much better now than I have in years!

Diana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register