BC Pills for HRT, have a ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BC Pills for HRT, have a ? BC Pills for HRT, have a ?

Unread 09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
BC Pills for HRT, have a ?

Hi, after swapping and switching from patches, tablets and implants (which were my favourite) to the BC pill I have a question I am hoping someone can help me out with.

Currently I am taking Yasmin, I had an implant put in January this year which is wearing off. I am not doing the impants anymore because I use them up so quickly (usually in 6-8 months on 100mg), my gyn is not happy about replacing so often.

Anyway, sorry I am getting off the track. My question is that I am feeling like a don't have enough oestrogen and was wondering if anyone has had experience with a stronger pill or what pill I could take.

For me personally after taking the pill I have felt more 'normal', but as I said, the oestrogen implant is wearing way down and I am starting to feel it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
radical

Hi Auschick, how are you feeling today? I hope you are well.
I am only on ogen which is in a pill form, but have been told I need another 3 different hormones, progesterone, testosterone, and D.H.E.A. Have you been told anything similar? Do you have both your ovaries?
Sorry, got off track!!!
I have been in contact with The Menopause Institute of Australia, which is located in Sydney. They have been sending me information on yam-based hormones.
These hormones are supposed to be identical to the ones our ovaries make.
I got onto their web-site (with the help of my wonderful husband), and I got a free phone consultation, and great advice.
They are not cheap,(the hormones) but worth it, I am told. Soon as I can afford them, I will let you know how they go. They are a lozenge that dissolves under the tongue.
Take care, Radical
Unread 10-02-2005, 08:43 PM
BC Pills for HRT, have a ?

Hi radical

Thank you for your reply, I read your post then looked at your signature and realised you are from Australia!!

I have also had a look at the website you mention but because I am in Melbourne it makes it a little difficult but I would love to hear your feedback. I have heard the same thing as well that we need all types of different hormones and mine are running out really fast and this Yasmin pill is not doing the trick.

I am hoping to find somewhere like The Menopause Institute but am finding that to finding a good doctor who will listen to the fact that I need more than oestrogen is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I would love to hear how you get on. Perhaps I could ring them and they could direct me somewhere here in Melbourne, hmmm worth a try.

Thanks again for your reply, I was feeling a little lonely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2005, 03:33 AM
radical

Hi Auschick, how are you today? I hope you are well.
I'm from Melbourne too!!! Small world isn't it!
You're not wrong about trying to find a doc here who knows much about hormones, sounds like we're having alot of the same problems!
I have never heard of the Yasmin pill, I have only ever been given premarin, for about 9 years, now changed to ogen.
The Menopause Institute of Australia is worth getting in touch with. I followed some links, and got an appointment, OVER THE PHONE with a gyno there. He was very helpful, just like a normal appointment, but because we're in Melbourne, they do it over the phone. They got back to me within 24 hours, and we DO NEED OTHER HORMONES, according to him. They deal with the yam-based ones, not the synthetic, which I've been told is much better for our bodies. I would definately get in touch with them, they were great! They will work with a doc in Melbourne and get us on the right path.
Apart from them, this site is the best I've come across!
I'm always feeling lonely, you can talk to me ANYTIME, feel free to send me a private message if you like, I would be rapt! I see you on this site every day and I think it is great that you are trying to help other women, as well as trying to find your own answers.
I'm not sure what the "buddy list" is, but I would like to put you on mine. I still can't believe we're both from Melbourne, I wonder how far away from each other we are....
BIGS FOR YOU, GOD BLESS,
LOVE, RADICAL. xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register