LAVH - Piece of Cake | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH - Piece of Cake LAVH - Piece of Cake

Unread 09-30-2005, 08:14 PM
LAVH - Piece of Cake

I am about 36 hours after my surgery and I am home!!! Piece of cake ladies. I can only hope that all and I mean ALL of yours go as smoothly. Here is a quick account. I am 27, no children, severe Adenomyosis, Luperon shots tried and were not worth keeping around. Severe bleeding and constant pain. Was excited to be pain free.!!!!
As you know if you have read my concerns....I went in not knowing how they were going to take "Aunt Flo". I was expecting the worst, however; Vaginally it was!!! I apparently had a horrible time comming out of anestesia, lucky for me all I remember was screaming and kicking to get the catheter out ASAP for the whole worst part was feeling like I had to pee and not being able to. I came to for the first time in my private suite,(lucky me). My mom was there, (she flew 2000 miles to go with me) and my friend Sarah was there fixing my blankets. After about maybe 10 minutes of crappy pain.....I was told they would give me something for that and I would have to "try " to use the facilities or I would be getting my catheter back....soooooo within 2 minutes and 2 hours after surgery I was up walking to the bathroom with some assistance. Honestly after the dilaudid pain shot in my iv....I was a little slow, and "unstable " on my feet but I was in very little pain. "Cramping" or "pressure" is what it was. So timeline was 530am check in, 730 am surgery, 1200 woke up in private room, 1202 trying to pee. I read before someone had a nurse give them a warm spraybottle to squirt on their "private areas" to help with the starting of that first pee....LADIES!!!!! THIS TRICK WORKED MAGIC. I had and am still having a "difficult" time releasing, my urethra seems to spasm up when I start to tinkle, BUT you just have to make a really good conscious effort to RELAX and all flows nicely. Otherwise, about 2pm, I was a chatty cathy, playing cards with my friends, in and out of bed to the bathroom several times. I actually with the help of my pain meds, had about a 1 or 2 pain level for the rest of the evening. Don't get me wrong, I was not running a marathon nor was I dancing, however for the first time in 12 years I felt "good" and admittedly bawled my eyes out somehow knowing that everything was gonna be better now. I honestly felt so good after surgery that I almost felt the best I had felt in a long time. I ate lunch at the hospital, walked up and down the hall twice unassisted, (BUT SLOWLY) and I took a nice long shower by myself in my new body, and I was released about 27 hours after surgery and ate a nice dinner, went to the grocery store and bought a powerball ticket, (this was about a 30 minute process just to walk 20 feet for a ticket and wait for my mom to fetch some ice scream in another area). I am sitting at home and looking back thinking the bark was so much worse than the bite. I was terrified, and my doctor called me a"Superstar" I am horrible with pain, but right now, I feel exceptional except for I am really tired, I still am having some discomfort with the tinkle bug, and I my muscles feel like I just had a really fantastic deep tissue massage, just a little sore everywhere, but not nearly as bad as I thought.
I plan on laying around for 2 or 3 weeks and my doctor said I could start driving in 2-3 weeks and no serious exercise or sex or big events for 6 weeks. I definately was thinking about all of you and hopeing and praying that your experience was evn better than mine! I know everyone is different, but if mine wasn't that bad, then yours doesn't have to be either. Email me with any questions or comments.
I know I am young, and I have no children, I have never been keen on having my own, so this made my decision a bit easier, however, I am sad because I feel a bit empty. I talked to my friend about this. Your reproductive organs( even though I was not planning on useing them) are part of your womanhood. That made me a little sad, but at the same time......I am so marvelously excited to live the rest of my life hopefully without or a small percentage of the pain and drama that I have SUFFERED through. If I feel this good this soon after surgery I can't wait Until I AM healed.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!
Jessica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register