First chemo done | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First chemo done First chemo done

Unread 10-06-2005, 07:32 AM
First chemo done

Well I made it through the worst of my first taxol / carbo treatment. Monday, I was there all day. Tuesday, I fell well enough to run errands and go to dinner and a movie. And then it hit yesterday. Started with mild aching and nausea, and proceeded horribly. I had to move from couch to chair, to bed to standing all day and night. Couldn't sit for more than 10 minutes without the aching getting to me. Tylenol did help and the Ativan for nausea helped to. Woke up still feeling bad, but its subsiding now. hope this is the worst of it this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 07:53 AM
First chemo done

You'll probably notice your symptoms dissipate early this afternoon. A friend says she could set her watch by the onset and end.

For me the first time was the toughest - I felt like there was a star wars battle going on inside me. After that I wised up and started the meds before the symptons even started and that helped a lot.

Best wishes and s,

Margot
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:54 AM
First chemo done

WillToWin
Glad to hear you are doing ok with this first chemo. I am with mimmy and started my meds before symptoms and did better. Just think, you have one treatment done now! Make sure you get some rest now that you are feeling a bit better.

s
Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 10:20 AM
First chemo done

I agree totally. Take something for the symptoms before they start, and it makes life much easier (although I found it hard to stay ahead of the achy feeling).

Anticipation seems to be the worst part of chemo. Soon this will all be behind you. Kick those cancer cells out!
Unread 10-06-2005, 12:29 PM
First chemo done

I've done 4 ocycles of taxol/carbo, have two more to do.

the third cycle was the worst for me. I didn't have very many side effects the first two times, just a little mild nausea, and the hair loss, of course. the third time around...got my treatment thursday night, was so sick sunday and monday, and fine on tuesday.

the fourth cycle was similar, but I was better prepared on what ot expect.

I just want it to be over...
Unread 10-06-2005, 02:56 PM
First chemo done

I do my chemo on Mondays too.
I feel great Monday and Tuesday (maybe a little "stoned" but otherwise well) and then Wed and Thursday are the worst- laying around the house all day feeling achy and like I have the flu.
It's good to get the first one out of the way- now you know what to expect! After this week the rest of the time until the next cycle you'll be feeling fine again.
Unread 10-06-2005, 02:59 PM
First chemo done

Glad to hear that your first one is over and done with. Once you know what to expect it really isnt' so bad. I just remembered to give you some advice: Stay on top of the constipation meds! Constipation is a big problem due to the anti-nausea drugs they give. You definetly want to be one step ahead of that issue. Colace, Milk of magnesia..whatever your doctor recomends...but stay ahead of that!
xoxo
K9
Unread 10-06-2005, 03:11 PM
First chemo done

Yep, my first was definitely the worst. Drink as much water as possible and rest. As everyone says, today was probably your worst, it'll get better till your next treatment. My last two treatments were the easiest as far as side effects.

Wishing you the best,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register