10 days post op and I feel great---am I crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post op and I feel great---am I crazy? 10 days post op and I feel great---am I crazy?

Unread 04-02-2001, 08:08 PM
10 days post op and I feel great---am I crazy?

Hi sisters. I'm 10 days post op (TAH--uterus removal only, kept the overies) and I feel great. I don't have any pain--haven't for a few days. I've been out to lunch, out shopping, been driving for about four days. Even had two orgasms during the first week post op with no pain. (My doctor said that activity level was up to me except no exercise---and that sex was ok as long as there was no penetration). The two post op problems I'm having are a lack of appetite and some depression. I am reading other women's post op experiences and wondering if I'm lucky or in denial........anyone else out there have a fairly easy recovery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2001, 08:40 PM
wow

I did that and now I am in pain. I thought I could handle it, but it came back to haunt me. read my post by billiegail1970 about I over did it. I had a total hyst. though. They took it all , so it may be different for you. Maybe someone else has been so blessed.
Good luck
Unread 04-02-2001, 09:06 PM

Hi Kim,

I was also one of the lucky ones. Got permission to drive at 1 wk and went out for short trips just to get out of the house. Never had any pain or discomfort once the incisional pain left @ about 4 days at home. I'm now just past 12 wks, and doing fine.

Be careful that you don't do too much....and please avoid lifting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2001, 08:55 AM

Krusso, I feel the same as you. As I read these posts I thought the same thing, either I am lucky or in denial. Its not just you. I am taking in all the advice I read though. I am anticipating the 3 week wall because the recovery (so far) has been too good to be true. Good luck to you and I hope you continue to feel great.
Unread 04-03-2001, 11:32 AM

Hi-

I felt that way too! I thought wow everything is going to be great and started over doing it. WOW was that a big mistake! I was doing laundry, picking up kids, and so on...now I am laid up with alot of pain. Please, please do not over do it like I did. You are taking the chance of ruining the one and only time you have to heal. Make sure that you heal the right way. It is very important to still take it easy. I thought that I would be okay by doing stuff here and there and now am really sorry. Please take everyones advice about this. I am lucky that I didn't end up going into the hospital.

I know that it is a great feeling to be feeling great finally,but it is still early.

Sending Big Hugs your way!!
Unread 04-03-2001, 12:01 PM
Great to feel this good

Lucky!! Or were we in better condition pre- op? I have not taken any pain meds since the second day home (4 days Post-op.) In fact haven't taken any kind of meds. I feel really well. It is almost frightening to me. Yesterday I got the staples out which was a painful experence. Never again. Then the nurse wanted to put steri-strips on me. I'm allergic to the tape. Use of belly binder takes care of that. Also help to make me feel more comfortable. Also got my PCP to take me out of the care of the GYN (TOOL). That in itself made me feel a whole lot better. Even went for short walk with visiting DD. I'm treating myself like a lazy cat. Just laying around being pampered. Love it. But the say it won't last forever.

Lolubu

TAH/BSO 3/23/01 ugly very large fibroid
Unread 04-03-2001, 12:28 PM
There will be a wall

I felt great at 10 days, too. Then at about 14-16 days, suddenly it was nap time all day long. I didn't hurt anywhere (partly luck and partly a well-rested princess), but I was TIRED. NOthing painful or miserable about it; I just lay around, waving my scepter weakly until the feeling passed. Now I'm feeling better again. I'm back at work half-time.
Unread 04-03-2001, 01:30 PM
Feeling great also!

Hi,

I had a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy on Feb 26, 2001 (took uterus and large fibroids, left ovaries and cervix.) I am also amazed at my recovery - -hardly any pain at all! The next day after I was discharged from the hospital, I was up and about, cooking and washing dishes. I didn't drive for 2 weeks, or lift anything at all. But I was out in the yard doing weeding, and pruning some rose bushes. The only thing I noticed, was that I got tired real easy. Also, on my 3rd week post-op - -I did bleed, which was supposed to be normal. (From the internal stitches dissolving.) I wasn't too concerned about that, but I did get quite a few awful migraine headaches, and one night I ran a fever of 104 degrees! However, after the 3rd week - -all those symptoms subsided. I am due to go back to my doctor for my post-op appointment on April 5th. (I still have the Steri-strips on my incision). All-in-all, I really count my blessings because I did not have any problems, and I still feel great.

Still smilin',

Pat
Unread 04-03-2001, 03:24 PM
I feel great too!

I had my TVH-BSO on Mar. 14th. I feel great, but I am taking it real easy also. I lay down whenever I get the chance. I have to force myself, because I HATE doing nothing.
I'm not ready to do the laundry, but have been doing dishes, vacuuming, etc..
I refuse to have a set back.
I have gone to the mall, had lunch with my hubby a few times, went to my boys' base ball game. But after I do these things, I come home a rest. UGH!
I am looking forward to the day, when I go to my dr. and he gives me the okay...
Take it easy.. Don't overdo it either...
Unread 04-03-2001, 04:52 PM

Hi Sisters!
I guess I am "lucky" also! I am now two weeks post-op (radical abdominal hysterectomy, they took everything and some lymph nodes for dissection). I had invasive cervical cancer. Thank god the doc says we got everything. And I feel great! I too have gone out to lunch and I walk my son two block to school every morning (still too chicken to drive though!). The only pain I seem to have is where they removed the lymph nodes. But I feel it later at night when I have overdone it. I think I am finally starting to learn my limits! Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register