All for nothing:( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All for nothing:( All for nothing:(

Unread 10-10-2005, 02:35 AM
All for nothing:(

Hello sisters
It is 12 days since I had my anterior & posterior repairs and tvt operation.
I have been VERY GOOD this time. No heavy lifting, pulling or pushing. Have taken things easy - I promise.
I just know that the front end hasnt held. I took a look yesterday (using a mirror and a few newly invented yoga postions!) and I can see a lump of flesh coming down with a stitch still attached! I thought last week this was happening and so I rested more. I'm not kidding about the resting, I have done NOTHING!
I can't tell you how gutted I am. This operation was so so scary for me, I can't face it all again. :cry:
Has any other sister had this experience?
I see my consultant on Friday 14th October, which will be my 2nd hysterversary too.
I am now starting to hurt around my bum - feels like something is pushing -and I am really concerned about the repairs there holding there too.

There seems to be a serious lack of physio therapy for ladies post op. (I am in UK) I believe that they may be the key. Exercises. I'm just not sure which ones and when it is safe to start? I honestly believed I was doing my pelvic floor exercises after my hysterectomy correctly, but I now realise that I couldn't have been.

I hope all my sisters recovering from surgery are resting up and being good princesses, big hugs to all
s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 07:48 AM

Hi Sue!!
I am so sorry to hear you are going through all of this again!! I will be thinking of you and praying your doc can find some answers!! Hang in there and see what they have to say.

I know how it is to sit and do NOTHING and still have things go wrong!!

Take Care My Friend!!
Mel
Unread 10-10-2005, 08:19 AM

Thanks for your kind words Mel
I am still sitting about, but this morning I was sorely tempted to get the vacuum out, I can see and feel things on the floor that nobody else does it seems!
You didn't say how you were doing, and I was wondering if all was ok?
I am also having trouble with the waterworks.......
I feel as if I'm so bursting to go all the time, so bursting that it is painful. I get up more for a pee now than I did pre-op! I wonder if this is just a side affect that takes time to settle down. I better start making a list of Q's!
I hope you are ok and being very good too!
big s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 09:04 AM

Auntie Sue:

VACUUM!

Dear one, I had a couple of spots where suture material that is supposed to be disolvable was instead rejected. That caused swelling and pain in the area. I felt better the next day after clipping the stuff off (with my doc's instructions and approval). Mine were where I could easily pick up the material with tweezers and snip it. Even the most gifted yogi couldn't self snip where yours is SO, do call your doc and ask if you can pop in for a look. You might need to have that suture material clipped.

I have probs with timely disolving sutures. After my episiotomy, I had to have an estrogen creme prescribed to help speed healing in the area. Something like that might be in order for you as well?

Best wishes and don't despair. I am healing up fine in spite of stitch (suture) rejection. I hope you heal well, too!!!

s
Unread 10-10-2005, 09:44 AM

Hi Auntie Sue!

I'm with (((Michelle))) on this one - I had developed a bad "spot" after my last surgery - and the stitches were not disappearing! And then I ended up with a hole that I could look inside - turns out my body was rejecting the stitches instead of absorbing them. I went into the doc's office the very next day (after I noticed the hole) and she snipped them - and like magic the whole thing closed up and healed within a couple of days.

Hopefully yours will heal just as nicely!

Take care of yourself - and continue to take it easy! Keep us posted -

s
Cortney
Unread 10-10-2005, 01:58 PM

Oh ((((Sue)))) I'm so sorry you're dealing with this

I had a stage III rectocele repaired at the same time as my hyst. I remember the horror of finding an all-too-familiar bulge at the entrance of the vagina a few weeks after my surgery. I was sooooooo scared that this meant that the repairs had failed

A visit to my doctor's confirmed that, in my case, I was dealing with swelling due to the healing of the tissues. He also was able to confirmed that the repairs had held. What a relief!!!!

Please do contact your doctor: hopefully, it's all a normal part of recovery, but you want to ensure that this is the case.

A word of caution: Not only is vacuuming still a firm restriction, at your stage of recovery, remember that sitting is an activity. Not only is it an activity, it's one that puts a lot of strain on all your stitches. It's best to sit with you feet up.
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Gosh thanks dear sisters
It could be ok then? I have an appointment with consultant on Friday, is it ok to wait till then? It's really uncomfortable, but no worse really than it was pre op. I could feel a stitch sticking in to the side last week but I can't anymore, and now that one's hanging there! i know! Back to the view from the mirror! I'm sure I could see something white too? Not cream or anything, pure white?
I haven't used the and I won't, I promise.
Thank you so so much

Sue
x
Unread 10-10-2005, 03:04 PM

Good for you ... no vacumming! Now, if it were me, I'd see if the doc could have a look. It might be a matter of a quick snip and you'll be much more comfortable if that is the case. Can't hurt to ring up the doc and ask, can it?
Unread 10-10-2005, 07:22 PM

I'm relieved that you're keeping the vacuum where it should be: in the closet

Where the doctor is concerned, why not give the office a call If you explain what is going on, he may want to see you earlier than Friday.
Unread 10-11-2005, 06:53 AM

I totally agree with Dany, Sue call and see if you can be seen earlier, it would help put your mind at ease!! Let us know what you find out!! In the meantime you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Mel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register