All for nothing:( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All for nothing:( All for nothing:(

Unread 10-13-2005, 06:32 AM
All for nothing:(

try to hang in there i know after my repairs surgery i was all messed up for a lomg time!! i'm almost 9 weeks post-op and i'm still working out the quricks... my bm's are finally regular i can sit on my bottom no problem,sex is getting better. but it took a long time before i could say those things... 12 days isn't long at all considering what they have to do in there!!! i remember feeling just like you.. it will pass and you'll feel alot better in a few weeks!!! take care and were here for you. i know these ladies HELPED ME THRU THIS ONE AND IT HELPED ALOT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Good News!

Hi (((((((((((sisters)))))))))))
Thanks ((((Dany)))) and (((((((((coffeelover))))))))
I agree - this site has helped me so much and helped me through some at times - terrifying - moments.
It is my two years hysterversay today too. I have just bought the crown jewels, but if we could afford it, (no work - no more pay) I would buy the lot and the entire contents of the store! I am so grateful. Thank you all so very much.

I saw my consultant earlier this evening and despite reservations, he was very nice to me.
((((((((Peggy )))))))- I was examined internally, how else can they tell everything is ok? I would be happier if it was checked properly Peggy. He also said that he might ask me to roll over and examine back end - he didn't though I think it's a good idea to stick by what the gyn said Peggy, as he also told me to keep this up for another 8 weeks! You know your own body too, one thing we sisters on the road learn more about, than anything else, is our own bodies. Take it easy and keep resting. I will pm you.

And the Good News??
He said that my prolapses have held! I have lots of stitches both up the front and back, which, he said, will take a long time to come out. He is seeing me again in 2 months time. He also took a urine sample. He still didn't say anything about the lump! And now it's too late to ask! I even took a list but.............darn

On the journey to the hospital I was having some weird pains, like needles, but enough to take the wind out if you know what I mean. My bleeding had stopped for about 6 days, but now it's started again. I mentioned this to him and he said it was just the strain on the stitches from being in the car - put your feet up when you get home. I tell ya, a simple car journey! You would never think it would ya? So - off I go to get my feet up now like a good
Thanks sisters
big s to all
Sue
x
Unread 10-14-2005, 03:58 PM

Oh Sue, that is great news! I know you were scared. I am so glad all is well. Now you can put your mind at ease!! What a relief!
Believe me, I know how hard it is to sit and do nothing, but our bodies really need it to heal correctly.

Take care my friend!!!
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2005, 07:44 PM

((((Sue)))) What a relief to read that your repairs have held

I remember from when I was a few weeks post-op and, yes, a simple car ride could result in have to lay down and rest for a few hours. As you may know by now, sitting is an activity.

Your doctor would probably have seen the lump while examining you. Might be some swelling from all the healing that's going on.. but a quick phone would reassure you Sounds like he put in some extra stitches, as my doctor did, to ensure that the repairs will hold. I remember passing stiches as late as 6 or 7 months after my surgery
Unread 10-15-2005, 12:27 PM

Thanks (((((((Mel))))))))))(Hope you're being a good too! and thanks (((((((Dany))))))))
Gosh 6 or 7 months. Dany - have you been ok since you had your repairs, or am I to expect more complications?
I didn't realise before about the sitting thing, but I do now. I spent most of my recovery after tah/bso "sitting" too instead of reclining. I know now and there's no excuse eh!
I might try using estrogen gel again too, just to help the repairs along. I asked him again if he saw any traces of endo whilst doing the lap a few months ago, he checked his notes, and said no, no endo! So waddya think??
Thanks for all your help dear sisters
s from the
Sue
x
Unread 10-15-2005, 01:09 PM

(((Sue))) Be assured that the repairs have held, and I'm almost 5 years from my surgery The extra strong stitches are put in to safely secure the pelvic floor and to prevent further prolapses as, after having our cervixes removed along with our uterus, and having already had at least one prolapse, we're vulnerable for additional prolapses

It's amazing what we take for granted when we're healthy: who would imagine that something as simple as sitting would cause pain and slow down recovery after as surgery such as the hyst and/or repairs
Unread 10-17-2005, 06:29 AM

((((Dany)))) five years.....that has given me hope, thank you.
Hey Dany - how long was it before you did some housework? I really need to give bathroom a good cleaning. My kids are minging! Everything I look at requires some lifting somewhere
Don' t get me wrong, I'm not a housewwork addict or anything, but it's 3 weeks since it was done and believe me this house really needs a good !
At the same time, I am now too scared to do it! I do NOT want to undo these repairs. Thanks.
Big s to all my sisters still recovering from their surgeries, I am sure you are all going thru the same dilemna!
Sue
x
Unread 10-17-2005, 08:12 PM

Housework? I'm sure my doctor said that there was a permanent restriction on housework If you really can't relie on your family for the housework, how about asking a relative or friend to help you out? If possible, you may want to hire a cleaning service? I'm sure that they can be hired on a temporary or even one time basis

The housework will always be there. You only have one chance to heal well, and this is it. You're worth more than a spotless house
Unread 10-17-2005, 09:33 PM

Right on, Dany! Housework can wait for proper healing or help can be obtained.

You know, there are some people who live to rescue us in our time of need ... call one of those people, Auntie!

Unread 10-18-2005, 04:37 AM

Hi Sue
I am really glad you got good news at your appt the other day. It sure makes you feel better when the dr. says all is well. It is very hard to not do much of anything for so long, but in the long run it is worth it. I am not a cleaning freak either, but I find it very hard to not do much either. I have to work very hard at letting things go.
With this back surgery coming up I will once again be in that mode. This surgery scares me more than any I have had. When it involves the spine area I know what can happen if I do what I am not supposed to.
I hope you are feeling better each day. Before long you will be feeling so much better than before.
s s and more s
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register