Endo back? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Endo back?

Hey everyone.I haven't posted in awhile but have an important question.
I go see GYN for the first time since hysterectomy.I am seeing a new dr. and it has been 5 years.
When I had hysterectomy I was suffering from endo.First had lap. to diagnose,6 months of lupron,and then hysterectomy.1 ovary was left.
I think the endo is back.Got all the same symptoms from before.
Is there anything a dr. can do to see if the endo. is back without having a lap?
My daughter just had lap. 2 months ago and dr. found endo. We are having to pay what insurance didn't pay and a couple of e.r. visits.Really can't afford a surgery right now.
Any advice?The pain is getting worse and varies from day to day.I also have fibromyalgia which doesn't help.I have started having cold night sweats.Not everynight,but they are becoming more frequent.
Thanks for the help.
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Endo back?

Sheila:

I sure hope endo is not the culprit. When you say it feels the same, what are the symptoms? Are they cyclical?

Unread 10-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Endo back?

Hi Sheila!

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! I honestly don't have much insight into the endo struggle - especially compared to many of the women here on the Road - but I wanted to offer you some s and let you know we cared! I'm sure that a much more experienced sister will be along -

Side note - if you need the medical treatment - do not deny yourself that relief. There are financial options available. I understand your situation - but you might check with the financial counselors at your local hospital or clinic to see what they can do for you. You might be surprised.

Take care of yourself!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey Michelle

My symptoms are pain in pelvic area,pain during intercourse,stomach feeling bloated,an odor,discharge.

I was surprised by the discharge.Didn't know you could have one if you had a hysterectomy.

I don't know if it is cycling.I have never been able to keep up with that since hysterectomy.

The same things I had before.

I went and got my surgical notes to give to my new gyn and relalized I haven't seen a dr. since 1989.I might get fussed at for that.

I am gonna do some more reading .I see that there are other posts about this same thing.

Thanks ,Sheila
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Good idea Courtney

I will check into getting financil assistance at the hospital if I do end up having surgery.Never thought of that.

I hate to put it off and let the endo just keep getting worse.

Well see what dr. says Thursday.

Thanks,
Sheila
Unread 10-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Endo back?

Just a note that it could be a yeast infection causing this. I'll tell you why I suspect that. I had yeast in my bladder recently and it caused all the stuff you mentioned (except I did not have the vaginal discharge). SInce you have a discharge with an odor, I am even MORE suspicious of yeast, at least vaginally in your case. Please don't self medicate. See a doc ASAP for a urine test and a test of your vaginal secretions.

Do let us know what you find out!!!
Unread 10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Endo back?

Endo can only be seen with a lap.. .sorry, I know too well the pain of endo after a hyst!
Carrie
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Endo back?

I need help. If you can offer me any, I'd appreciate it. I had severe endo, adhesions, ovarian cysts, I had aTVH March 2005. I started having pain 4 months after surgery and they took me off my hormones. Now I'm going crazy, feel like dying. I put the patch back on for a week, so I could at least "feel" sane and the pain is back. Took it back off...I'm miserable. Can you help?
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Endo back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthangky
I need help. If you can offer me any, I'd appreciate it. I had severe endo, adhesions, ovarian cysts, I had aTVH March 2005. I started having pain 4 months after surgery and they took me off my hormones. Now I'm going crazy, feel like dying. I put the patch back on for a week, so I could at least "feel" sane and the pain is back. Took it back off...I'm miserable. Can you help?
The patch will only exacerbate the endo. Endo feeds off of estrogen.
If your doctor did not remove the endo durring the hyst it is likely the endo is still there.
A hyst will not cure endo.
You could also have adheision pain.
If you want to talk about this further you can email or IM me. <oops! email address removed for your protection>

Carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register