MRI results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
MRI results

show no change .... the tumors are still there and did not shrink but the chemo doctor remained positive. He saud he was happy that they didn't grow. I read some of the report in my file and was surprised to see that there are also lymphnodes involved and the whole bowel area along with abdomen PLUS the tumors.

I was quite disappointed and worried that everything is STILL there! I was hoping the cancer would be gone or at least shrinking ... my blood counts were low too but I managed to have chemo #4. The chemo doctor said I'll probably have to do more than the usual 6 treatments. He'll send me for another MRI after my 6th treatment and then he'll decide if I stop or continue.

The infusion was uneventful - I hope it stays that way! I guess I should be happy that the chemo is not allowing the cancer to grow.

Thank you all for your support -Ellen I'm sorry you had to go to the hospital again. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
MRI results

Maxime! I'm so glad your CT scan showed no growth. I know we'd rather see those tumors shrinking, but if it's repressing new growth, that's a good thing, too!
Those pesky cancer cells are STUBBORN, arent they? They are probably shaking in their boots now, knowing that you mean BIG BUSINESS! I hope to see not only no new growth, but a decrease in the amount of cancer present in the very near future. Those cancer cells are learning just who they are dealing with...WARRIOR WOMAN!

Glad you were able to get your chemo despite the low blood count....take good care of yourself and don't let yourself get sick now!
Keeping you in my prayers, sweetie.
xoxo

k9
Unread 10-11-2005, 02:57 PM
MRI results

I'm glad you got chemo # 4 behind you and hope the side effects will be non existent. It is my hope that by the time of your next MRI those nasty cells will be blasted out of sight, never to return. Keep up the fighting spirit. It's just a matter of time before we'll be dancing with NED again.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 03:16 PM
MRI results

Maxime
I know you're disappointed about the result BUT try and be really pleased that there is no new growth. Glad no side effect from #4. Thinking of you constantly and sending positive vibes.
Hugs - Glenys
Unread 10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
MRI results

((Maxime)) When a doctor is happy that is a good sign. Sure you want the tumors to shrink but no growth and no new growth are definite positives. May the chemo rev up quickly and knock every nasty cells to oblivion as you move to your dance date with NED.
You remain in my .
s, peggiesue
Unread 10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
MRI results

That your doctor is happy is a good sign that he/she feels things are still verypossible on this chemo. Sometimes the chemo takes a while to get going--especially Doxil if I'm right that's what you're on. My friend went up CA125 wiseand kept steady tumor number and size wise through her first few Doxils--and then, boom! Down and out! Hoping that you're the same.
Unread 10-11-2005, 07:54 PM
MRI results

Hi Maxime,
No new growth is good news even though we would have liked to see everything gone.
You said that you are on Doxil but in Canada it is under a different name. Is this possibly a generic version?? I am just curious because everyone that I know of taking Doxil has not had any "sick feeling" ill side effects.
Just wondering.
Rosalie
Unread 10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
MRI results

Keep your chin up Maxime! My CTscans showed dramatic reductions between the ones taken after the 5th and 6th treatments.

After the 5th treatment I was disapointed that there hadn't been more change, but after the 6th one almost everything had shrunk or disapeared.

You're only on #4, so there could be big changes yet.

Blessings
Unread 10-12-2005, 07:08 PM
MRI results

Dear Maxime,

Don't lose heart. No growth is definitely better than some growth. Doxil can be a tricky thing. As others have said, it can take a number of treatments to work. I guess I didn't realize that you were on Doxil. Please keep us updated.

Hugs,

Siren
Unread 10-12-2005, 08:04 PM
MRI results

Hi, Maxime. I'm glad to hear you got that 4th chemo in. Thoughts and prayers are with you as your body fights back and builds more good blood cells. God bless,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register