In Need Of Support! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In Need Of Support! In Need Of Support!

Unread 10-11-2005, 08:24 PM
In Need Of Support!

I am physically feeling better than ever, 6 months post-op, but emotionally, I am taking a beating! I have been doing quite well up until this last week. I saw an ad on tv for something that has recently come out to prevent a lot of the problems that drove me to the decision of a hysterectomy at 22, and have been feeling a little down since. I have been positively miserable! It wasn't until I realized that my current subject in my college class is the female reproductive system, that I made the connection to my wretched mood! Everything has been going fabulously, school, family, relationships, life in general is treating me well, but I just have this knot that I can't shake! I'm sure if anyone can understand this feeling, I'll find her here! I also had a falling out with my sister a few months back, that was seemingly mended, (regarding pregnancy and miscarriage), but now with all this stirring me up, I am having a very hard time talking to her about anything without a wave a nausea coming over me! I don't know if it's completely irrational to be so upset with her, and whether or not I should tell her what my problem is!?!?!?! Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 09:07 PM
In Need Of Support!

Lee, Im so sorry you are dealing with this..I have not had your experiecne however I do know that our emotions are easily stirred after surgery..just because you are feeling great does not mean your feelings are on the same page..as far as your sister...what matters is your realionship with her..maybe just telling her how you feel would be good and maybe say you might be over reacting but its how you feel...pray about it.....its hard when relationships are strained..no fun for anyone..
Good luck and you are at the right place for help..lots of love here..
Unread 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
In Need Of Support!

LeeB27,

Well you and I are both 6 months post-op. I am also doing physically well. I have a real hard time sleeping but I always had that problem. Just remember, that we are all different and have different reasons why we had this surgery. Your reasons and mine may be different that doesn't make them wrong or better - it is a very individual decision. Hopefully, you can talk with your sister and tell her how you feel - we are all here to help you.

Good luck and good recovery.

Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 09:21 PM
In Need Of Support!

Hi Lee. Hugs to you! Sorry for the ups and downs lately but I understand how you feel. As I was going in for surgery my best friend was getting ready to have a baby!! Although I was happy for her overall, I can't say I wasn't bothered by the fact. I never discussed the issue with her I just simply distanced myself for a while. I don't mean ignore her or treat her badly I just simply choose to recover "privately" because I didn't need the constant silent reminder that she was completely "whole" and having a new, little person. Unlike me who was feeling rather "hollow" and "empty" inside. Yes I was there for the birth. Hesitantly but I was there. As time went by I slowly overcame this silent battle within myself and things are great. One day I might talk to her about it but I just wanted my feelings to pass and haven't seen the need so far to bring it up. I don't know if my short story will help but it's something I experienced among my other wild emotions and thought I'd share. This too shall pass.
Unread 10-11-2005, 09:25 PM
In Need Of Support!

Oh LeeB27,
I'm so sorry you are struggling right now. I think that we all have times where a "blue mood" comes out of no where and just rains on us too hard. I don't ever seem to see them coming for me... that is what bothers me so much about them.

I agree with the others about your situation with your sister. I hope that you pray on this and find the courage (and the right way) to talk to your sister about your feelings. No matter what you decide, you have found a place were we give lots of support and love on those blue days.

Best wishes.
Unread 10-12-2005, 01:50 AM
In Need Of Support!

im only on day 13post op, i was well fed up on day 2 when it came on to the news about the new preventitive and early treatment for cervical cancer as this was the main reason for my op as this also happened 18yrs ago when i had full ab surgery for gallbladder removal a few weeks after i had it done they brought in kek hole surgery!! i just look at it this way,at leasts some other poor souls wont have to go through same as me,a big consolation in my eyes..
Unread 10-12-2005, 06:47 AM
In Need Of Support!

my heart goes out to you.... this isnt the same but hope it helps... i am nearly two weeks post op... my sister goes in in two weeks for hers. we had completely different medical reasons and i was completely at ease with having it done... my sister on the other hand has big issues.... we talk honestly with each other... if a subject is a bit touchy then say how you feel... i bet she is feeling some sort of tug in the heart string area as well.... your family are important and if you are open and honest with them on how you are feeling they will give you all the support you need... and lets face it... its ok to have an emotional explosion!! bet your sister has the same some days...
tell her how you feel. best wishes xx
Unread 10-12-2005, 07:12 AM
In Need Of Support!

Lee I'm so sorry your feeling the way you do. I understand what you are going through. I was 29 when I had my hyster. It was very hard for me to go through. My twin sister had a miscarrage about a year before I had my hyster. And then she just had one again about 5 months ago. And she has a nerve to come to me and ask me if I could be by her side with the whole pregnancy. I was so mad at her for asking me that and you would think she would of thought about my feelings before she came and asked me. Lee it is a very hard thing to go through. I'm still going through it and it will be a year in Nov. You are grieving right now and that is something hard to get over. What I have been doing is going to church and that has helped me but I still have times where I feel its not fair I have to go through this and why me. The only thing I can say is to give god your pain and have support right now. If you need anything I'm here if you need to talk. I hope you can work through and feel better. It will in time.
Unread 10-12-2005, 07:22 AM
In Need Of Support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica.j
im only on day 13post op, i was well fed up on day 2 when it came on to the news about the new preventitive and early treatment for cervical cancer as this was the main reason for my op as this also happened 18yrs ago when i had full ab surgery for gallbladder removal a few weeks after i had it done they brought in kek hole surgery!! i just look at it this way,at leasts some other poor souls wont have to go through same as me,a big consolation in my eyes..
erica.j -- Just remember Merck paid for the study to be done on the vaccination for the prevention of cervical cancer. They're trying to rush through FDA before other pharmaceuticals and recoup VIOXX losses - is one scenario. My only point is this -- don't let that study bring you down. More info needs to come forward. My best to you for your health and happiness.

Lei
Unread 10-12-2005, 08:51 AM
In Need Of Support!

ericaj, my prayers are with you. I'm sorry you are feeling down. And every one here is right. Talk to your sister. She probably doesn't even realize that she has hurt you.

I also agree lei, I saw something about this new vaccine on the t.v. the other day also. And my cousin and I talked about it. I think my mother also mentioned it. Now I can't remember but I think there is also a link here about it. So I think I went and read on it. Must be "anesthesia" brain still at work.....or my age, memory does seem to be the first thing to go!

Anyway, I might be wrong, but I think this vaccine has to be given before??? a girl becomes sexually active? I guess I'll see what else I can find on it. That may be something someone said to me and not actually in the data.

You know we are here though. My prayer is that this "blue" mood lifts for you, quickly.

Blessings and prayers,
Theresa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register