spine xray results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

spine xray results spine xray results

Unread 10-12-2005, 05:04 PM
spine xray results

Hello
I picked up my xrays and report I had taken on the 29th of Sept. I read it on my way to the uro/gyn appt. My thoracic spine is normal. My cervical spine isn't. There is straightening of the cervical curvature and moderate degenerative disc disease at c6-7 with small dorsal osteophytes, mild at c4-5.This is not what I needed. I have the lower back problems as I have already posted about. I see the neuro surgeon Fri. about those problems and will be sure to show him these results. Maybe this is what is causing me left arm and hand pain. I also have off and on left jaw pain and headaches.
My uro/gyn feels I need to be on some estrogen along with the calcium. I am already borderline for osteo according to the dexa scan I had in July.He said to see my Gyn for this.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2005, 07:39 PM
spine xray results

Oh, (((Peggy))), I don't have any insight for you, as I haven't delt with any of the issues you're dealing with. However, I did want to send some s your way.
Unread 10-13-2005, 04:32 AM
spine xray results

Thanks Dany.
I am hoping a sister will come on here who also has back problems. I would like to find a support site.Having degenerative disc disease upsets me more than all of these pelvic floor and hyster. issues did. At least they could be repaired. I have a feeling it is all downhill from here.
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
spine xray results

Hi Peggy,
I had a tvh with anterior posterior repair in January '04 and have just as many problems as before surgery. One of the main reasons I had the hyst was to hopefully rid me of horrible back pain. Long story short, found out I had a spinal cord tumor and that was causing the pain, not the pesky ole uterus. So, I had a three level laminectomy with tumor removal done in the lumbar area five months after the hyst. I have arthritis and spurs in my cervical area and DDD in my thoracic region. My back is a mess. I am 37 years old. After surgery and physical therapy, my neuro referred me to a pain clinic and now I am treated there. I do not go to any specific back pain groups, but I like a couple of chronic pain sites. The ones I use are all MSN. Let me know if you are interested. Lots of the people in the groups have DDD and other spinal problems...

Willow
Unread 10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
spine xray results

Peggy,

A friend suggested that I make a visit and suggest some support sites for you to visit for the spine...I suffer with lumbar and cervical spinal problems as well as a Tarlov Cyst in the lumbar spine....I had a lumbar laminectomy and obliteration of the Tarlov Cyst in January of 2005 and a cervical fusion of C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 August 17, 2005. It was a 360 fusion with an anterior incison in the front with a plate and a posterior incision with rods and screws in the back of the neck..

There are many wonderful support sites for the spine on web...You might want to start with these...I hope I am allowed to site these publicly. If not, maybe I can do them as a PM...

BrainTalk is probably the largest forum on the net for spinal problems, much like Hystersisters...

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...0&daysprune=30

Backpain.com
http://www.backpainsupportgroup.com/...?ubb=forum;f=1

TarlovCystForum
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TarlovCystForum/

http://spineyat42.conforums.com/index.cgi

If you have any questions about the spine, please do not hesitate to ask...I had my hysterectomy one month after my lumbar laminectomy. I do not recommend them in that order. The hysterectomy should have been done first...

Gloria
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Try the links now....

I will try to post the links again for BrainTalk and Backpain.com...I do not know why they did not work. BrainTalk is probably the largest of the spinal boards on the net and the best and most informative. If you do a search for spinal discussion boards many will come up...You will love BrainTalk just scroll down to Spinal Problems...There are threads for every Neurological medical problem, but spinal problems is by far the most popular...I just sent someone from there to here....She is having a hysterectomy....You are allowed to do that....and that is the way it should be...We should be sharing good information about boards...not afraid to share information...for goodness sakes..Some boards on the Internet do not allow us to do that...

I tried the links before posting and they seemed to work...The first link is for BrainTalk. The second is for Backpain.com.

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=237

http://www.backpainsupportgroup.com/...?ubb=forum;f=1
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:52 AM
spine xray results

Both worked that time. Go figure...

Willow
Unread 10-14-2005, 12:04 PM
spine xray results

Big s and lots of for you Peggy! I know (to an extent) what you are going through. I have been in PM for the last year for DDD and SI joint dysfunction along with CMP and adhesions. My MRI shows a herniated disc at C5/6 and a bulging one at C6/7, mild scoliosis and bone spurs of the thorasic spine and deginerative changes at L5/S1 and in the SI joints. It's no fun! I'm on several medications and still have days when functioning is out of the question. I will be 37 next month and have kids (12, 14, 17 & 20) as well as a 4 mo. old grandbaby. for me and I will do the same for you!
Unread 10-15-2005, 12:02 PM
spine xray results

Peg

Here is a link to a site I found here in Australia. I notice there are quite a few people from USA/Canada who post on the site. Some of the threads I found really helpful.

http://badbacks.com.au/phpbb2/index.php

How did your appt with the neurosurgeon go on Friday? I was thinking of you.

Recovery from my back surgery is going quite well. I am now 13 days post op and every day is a little better. Pain still a hinderence, but mobility getting better each day.

Hugs and regards
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:39 PM
spine xray results

I had my EMG today for numbness and pain in both hands and pain in my left arm. The good news is I don't have nerve damage in my neck. The tests on the arms was ok according to the dr. who ran the tests. She said I have bad carpel tunnel in both hands and they both need surgery. Go Figure!!!! Just what I need right now.
I have moderately DDD in C 5-6 with small bone spurs and mild in 3-4.Can these disc cause some of these symptoms without being nerve damage? My baby fingers go numb and tingle, but like the dr. said fri and today , carpel doesn't effect the baby fingers. I am just so discouraged. I have lumbar fusion surgery the 27th and now all of this to deal with on top of it. I should be discharged from my uro/gyn Thursday. My tvt and anterior repair was just 5 weeks ago today.
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register