Leaking | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Unhappy - Leaking Leaking

Has Any One Experienced Urine Leaking From Vagina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Leaking

Yes, I have. In my situation, it was called a fistula, a connection btw the bladder and the vagina. I had a hysterectomy and during that surgery, my bladder was nicked...as the healing began, and the swelling went down, the leak got worse....

Did you have surgery prior to having urine leaking?
Unread 10-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Leaking

Amanda,

You need to call your doctor. Was your hyst on Sept 29? Sometimes an inadvertent stitch can cause your bladder to adhere to your vaginal cuff, and then a fistula forms. It is a connection between two places that aren't supposed to be connected.

Like Nancy, my bladder was cut during my hyst, and that caused the fistula to form. However, fistulas can form for other reasons.

THe first step would be to get back in touch with your gyne. After that, I would strong recommend you get a referral to a urologist who specializes in female urology, or a gynecological urologist.

Please let us know how you are doing...if you have any specific questions, please feel free to e-mail or send me a PM.

Many, many s!!
Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
possible fistula

xxx
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee4
Amanda,HELLO DEE,I HOPE THIS GETS TO YOU.NOT TO GOOD AT COMPUTERS.I DON'T SEE ANYONE MENTIONING A PROBLEM LIKE MINE.DO THE DR.S ALWAYS KNOW IF THEY HAVE NICKED YOU BLADDER RIGHT AWAY, OR CAN IT SHOW UP LATER? (LIKE A SLOW LEAK IN A TIRE)LOL. WHEN I WAS TREATED FOR DISPLASIA THEY FROZE MY CERVIX &I HAD A SLOW DRIP SIMILAR TO WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING NOW.COULD IT JUST BE HEALING I WONDER?I HAVE A CALL INTO MY DR. SHOULD HERE FROM HIM TODAY. I ALSO WANTED TO MENTION HOW WONERFUL IT IS TO HAVE ALL OF YOU LADIES OUT THERE TO SHARE WITH,WHAT A BLESSING!!!!

You need to call your doctor. Was your hyst on Sept 29? Sometimes an inadvertent stitch can cause your bladder to adhere to your vaginal cuff, and then a fistula forms. It is a connection between two places that aren't supposed to be connected.

Like Nancy, my bladder was cut during my hyst, and that caused the fistula to form. However, fistulas can form for other reasons.

THe first step would be to get back in touch with your gyne. After that, I would strong recommend you get a referral to a urologist who specializes in female urology, or a gynecological urologist.

Please let us know how you are doing...if you have any specific questions, please feel free to e-mail or send me a PM.

Many, many s!!
Dee
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Leaking

I had my hysterectomy on 8/17 - it was supposed to be lapro assist vag, but when they 'nicked' my bladder they had to cut. I've been leaking urine vaginally since & I've had a nephrostomy tube connected to my left kidney for drainage due to a damaged ureter. The doc did a pretty good job on the nick - the urologist said it was like being nicked by a mac truck. I'm going in for surgery 10/20 to correct everything - I'm scared, really scared - anybody out there had to have this corrective surgery done? If so, I could really use some info, advise, reassurance... something!
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Leaking

I'm So Sorry You Have To Go Through That!!!! I Will Pray For You. My Dr. Finally Called Me Back & Wants Me There For Tests Thursday. I Guess He Is Putting Die In My Bladder To See If It Is Urine For Sure. Tomorrow I'm Having Other Tests Done.seems I'm Having Gallbladder Attacks.even Though I Don't Have One!!! Something To Do With The Ducts Having Stones In The Same Area. I'm Really Scared Too!!!!!
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Leaking

I too am sorry you have to go through it - I'll be praying for you as well. I've had the dye job - kinda cold when it leaks out of there. Everybody's been real nice & they're taking care of the costs - keepin' my fingers crossed.
Unread 10-19-2005, 03:54 AM
Cool - Leaking i leak too

My hyst was Sept 12.
My dr didnt nick my bladder, my bladder was cemented together with my uterus because the endo and Adenomyosis were so bad. When the dr liberated my uterus my bladder popped open needing 12 stitches in the back. I had to have the catheter tube in for 19 days and have cystograms (ouch) to show when it was healed. Finally after 19 days they took out the cathter.
The dr says there is some nerve damage. It just leaks right out, not alot but its weird because I cant stop it. I can stop the flow when I am urinating on purpose. My dr says in time it may heal. In the mean time I just wear the pose pantyliners.
Before my surgury I had to run to pee every half hour, now I cant really tell when I have to pee. I guess I am lucky. I am feeling better every day.
Unread 10-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Leaking

Yea, I had the cath as well - they left that thing in for a month - all it did was irritate me. Although they took the Foley cath out (at my insistence), they left the Nephrostomy cath in - that's been in about 2 months now - since the surgery on 8/17. I've been having problems distinguishing when I have to go as well - and since it's leaking out of both my urethra & my vagina, I'm a mess - but the 'need to urinate' sensation seems to be slowly returning & I'm able to hold more than I could a month ago. Only thing is, after tomorrow's surgery to repair it I'll have to start all over again. I just want it to go well - it's just nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you.
Unread 10-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Leaking

Struttn we are thinking of you and sending you powerful good-and-easy-surgery waves! We are looking forward to your return and your good news, and we will be here to offer support as you recover!

I'm facing a repair soon, too, but we are just in the evaluation stage now.

Good luck and come back soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register