Circulation & Heart Pounding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Circulation & Heart Pounding Circulation & Heart Pounding

Unread 04-03-2001, 03:55 PM
Circulation & Heart Pounding

I'm not sure what this is but I'm hoping that someone can help me figure this out.

My heart feels like its beating so fast and there are times when my feat get so cold. I know when I get my "anxiety" friend my veins seem to shrink up. The odd thing is that I don't feel anxious.

I'm taking testosterone 2.5 cream AM, just switched to Tri-Est .0625 Am & PM and Natural Progesterone 25mg in PM. This has happened before I started taking Tri-Est. It was happening before when I was taking Estrace.

Could I need more Progesterone? Which hormone effects your circulation and pounding heart. Does the Tri-Est dose sound right.

I hope someone can help me figure this Jungle out. It's so hard cause just when you think you are out of the Jungle you get back in it. Oh Dear Lord!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2001, 06:34 PM

Audrey,
I can completely relate. I have wrestled with the same thing since my hyst. It was really bad when I was on the tri-est and progesterone. I am not sure but I think for me "part" of it was an intolerance for progesterone(or something in the progesterone). I would get so I would have one of those episodes within an hour of putting the creams on. I also get hand tingling with it.
Now, I am much better but I still get that feeling once in awhile. I have tried adding progesterone to calm those feelings and it seems for me to make it worse. I increased my estrogen for a couple months and that definitely made it worse. I am thinking it must be some sort of balance thing. I am also considering trying to take hormones that are NOT soy based as I think I have an allergy to soy...or at least I know that soy flour makes me itch all over.
The best advice I can give you if you are not already doing it, is to keep a diary of your symptoms along with the doses and what you are taking.
Unread 04-03-2001, 06:42 PM

Becky:
Thank you. I keep a log of the HRT's. Heaven knows there's been so many. I never thought of soy causeing this.

You made me think of when I was taking Estrace especially at night I'd get wheezing during the night almost like an allergic reation. The Natural Progesterone and Tri-Est are both pill form. Would it make a difference if it were in the cream or gel?

I've often wondered if HRT is need after hysterectomy if you were already in menopause. I had been in menopause for 1yr prior to the surgery. All this swinging in the jungle sure is tireing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2001, 07:38 PM

Audrey,
From what I understand, the ovaries continue to produce some estrogen even after menopause. I am sure you were producing very little if any progesterone if you were already through menopause. You could stop the treatment entirely and see how you feel?? I know I did this once out of desperation. I did feel better for awhile but then the hot flashes got intolerable.
As far as differences between creams and pills, I think there are differences and some people do better with one thing than another. For me I tried the tri-est creams and progesterone creams. I also tried progesterone capsules. The difference I noted with the progesterone was that with both I had negative side effects but with the cream it was more the hand tingling and heart racing, where with the pills it was more depression and feeling generally "dull"
For now I am sticking with my shot. It is the best of anything I have tried. I did go in this past week and had a bunch of blood work done to see if perhaps there is anything else at work here. HRT can sometimes bring out the worst in our thyroids so it is worth checking into that and perhaps blood sugar/insulin disorders.
Feel free to email me if you like
Unread 04-04-2001, 03:28 PM

Audrey:

I am experiencing some of the same things as you are with Tri-Est and Progesterone. I have only been on it for about a month now. At this point I am not really sure what is going on with me. I plan to see my dr in a couple of weeks. I am taking l/4 tsp each twice daily. I still have the symptoms. I plan today to lower that by using only l/4 once a day and see how that goes for me. This harmone jungle is a trip.. one that I hope ends soon. Take care and let me know how things progress with you. Have a Nice Day...
Unread 04-04-2001, 03:49 PM

Karen:
Thanks for responding. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same thing. I agree it's so darn confusing with all of this Jungle stuff.

I went to www.yourmenopausetype.com and took the test and found out that I'm deficient in Progesterone. This makes all the sense in the world to me cause last night when I was experiencing this it was just before I was to take my PM 25 mg of Progesterone. It seemed about 40 min to an hr. afterwards that my feet got warm, my veins opened up and the palpatations stopped.

Progesterone does act like a tranquilizer and does help with anxiety so this makes so much sense. What gets so frustrating is that we are the ones who have to do all the research and then it's trial and error and in the meantime all these crazy symptoms just keep up. URRRRRRR

BECKY: I called my Dr. today and asked if we could do a full Thyroid blood work-up so I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. It's just so hard. If my Thyroid comes back OK then I'll check my sugar next if he's not requested this.

KAREN: Please let me know what your Dr. says. and email me if you'd like. Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register