Help!! The Dctrs say Hmmmm, not seen this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!  The Dctrs say Hmmmm, not seen this Help!! The Dctrs say Hmmmm, not seen this

Unread 10-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Help!! The Dctrs say Hmmmm, not seen this

HI Girls,

Im 4 wks post op from a TAH (Bikini Cut) and spent all day yesterday in the ER of my hosipital. I havent been feeling well for the past couple of days with flu like symptoms and have taken it very easy. I have noticed that my belly was getting really sore especially on the right side. I almost fell raw inside. Yesterday morning I woke up with a number of small bumps (puffy and sore) below and above my incision. OK Call to my Dctr. I was told to go to the ER since we are on a weekend. I had blood test, CT Scan and IV fluids for about 6 hrs. The ER Dctr and Nurse said they did not know what the bumps were especially 4 wks post op. Results. No Infection, No Adhesions by the tests so now what are these blister like bumps? My body didnt like the staples and I took 10 days of antibiotics. Anyone else have this going on? I hate to be the first at anything especially when the Dctrs say Hmmmmm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 06:17 AM

I'm not sure what could this either, but I'm very allergic to almost all metals. (could it be the from the staples?) The blister things you're describing is what happens when I come in contact with the wrong thing. (like: the snap on my jeans, almost all jewelry etc...).
Does it itch?
Sorry you are going through this...I had a tvh...no staples. Keep asking questions if you feel worse.
LL
Unread 10-16-2005, 06:17 AM

I think it's very important that you go see you surgeon first thing in the morning and if you don't get answers, get another opinion from a doctor you trust such as your GP. Scratching of the head and turning you lose is simply not acceptable. By the way, did anyone happen to think the blisters looked like shingles? It's worth asking about.

Keep us informed. I'm curious too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 09:03 AM

I had some blisters down low, but I think they were related to the steri-strips put on after my surgery.

There may have been some sensitivity due to that was also the area where I had an internal drain after surgery as well.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sweet Pea in SC
TAH w/BSO due to large fibroid uterus, endo and adeno.
Vertical incision.
Unread 10-16-2005, 09:25 PM

I agree with Karlene, see a surgeon as soon as possible. I don't want to scare you but there has definitely been an increase of cases of Methylcylline resistant staph aureas (MRSA) in people who have had invasive procedures. They typically look like pimples with blisters and may be accompanied by fever, body aches , flu like symptoms. Please continue to press for a diagnosis so you know what you are dealing with.
Michelle
Unread 10-16-2005, 09:45 PM

I agree with candyapple have your DR rule out MRSA... it is much more common than people think.
Unread 10-16-2005, 11:33 PM

Sounds like shingles to me. Shingles look like blisters and can make you feel like you have the worst case of flu ever. Also, if you get shingles after an operation, the shingles blisters often form around the incision just as you described yours as having done.
Unread 10-17-2005, 07:36 AM

We haven't heard back from you, yesimready. Hope this means you have gotten some help from a surgeon or dr etc... (perhaps you are in the hospital?). I have thought of you often, and hope you are feeling better.
Let us know how you are, when you are able.
God's Blessings, LL
Unread 10-17-2005, 08:47 PM

what is MRSA? I've never heard of this.
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:38 PM

MRSA is a serious staph infection that is resistant to the most powerful antibiotics. Unfortunately because of misuse/abuse of antibiotics some germs have become resistant to antibiotics, meaning that nothing can kill them, like MRSA. That is why it's important to finish antibiotics as prescribed and why antibiotics should not be prescribed for simple colds and viruses.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register