last period? how do you know? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

last period?  how do you know? last period? how do you know?

Unread 10-16-2005, 11:20 AM
last period? how do you know?

Hi all,
I see several people celebrating their last period. This may be a dumb question , but how can you tell? I bleed all the time but some days are worse than others. I think I'm done and 2 days later, I'm flooding again. Am I the only one out there like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 11:39 AM

I had the same problem as you, exactly the same one....I would bleed heavily for a few days, then it would get lighter, and then I would think that I was done.....but in the next hour or the next day, I would flood again, there was no predictability to it.

There really is no way to tell when you are on your last period. At least not for me because I was always bleeding and there was no definite beginning or end to it. I think some people can tell when their periods end and begin because there is a predictable way for them to tell when it begins and when it ends.

Good Luck!
Mustang30
Unread 10-16-2005, 12:06 PM
I am celebrating...

I started my last period Friday- I had two weeks of non-bleeding, then started again, but because my surgery is Nov 3, regardless of how long this one lasts (usually two weeks or so) I will be having my surgery before the cycle can start again.

I used to bleed for longer periods of time, but since I just came off the pill in prep for surgery, I am hoping this really is the last!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM

I knew it was my last period because my surgery was scheduled before the next one was due. No uterus, no period. I might have mini-periods because I kept my cervix but I'm sure the bad periods are over.
Unread 10-16-2005, 12:30 PM

I didn't know when my last period would be either. As you can see in my signature line, my last one lastest 2 1/2 years. It started in September of 1998 and continued until February of 2001--about 3 months AFTER my hyst! Needless to say, I kept thinking it would start again for months afterward! It has been long enough now, that I know I am not going to start bleeding!

So, if you are a bleeder you might not know, until after your hyst! Then you can celebrate! There is a thread somewhere that shows how you can make angels for Christmas decorations from old tampons! Beings you are scheduled for early November, this could be a project for you to do while you are recovering!!

Best wishes!
Unread 10-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Wendy...

I guess us "round the cycle" sisters just don't get to celebrate that famous last period. You can just look forward to no more bleeding after you are all healed from your surgery!

I even tried to track my cycle one month by taking my basal temp every morning. I was trying to find *some* pattern so that I could try to figure out what the heck was wrong with me. No luck.

I'm over a year post hyst now, and what's really strange is when you go to a doc appt (non gyne) and they ask you "date of last period?"

Best of luck with your surgery, and here's to looking forward to the end of "the period that would never end!"

Margot
Unread 10-16-2005, 01:40 PM

Hi Wendy,
I definetly know what you mean...I have been bleeding since dec. 24,2004 and until now...I have only had maybe a total of 40 days at the most in that whole time that i did'nt bleed..its always so unpredictable..My hyster is oct.25,2005...and I can't wait to have it all over with...and be on the road to recovery...I will be thinking of you and sned big hugs your way...Brenda
Unread 10-16-2005, 01:44 PM

I knew mine would be my last because it started a few days before my surgery. I flipped a bird at the feminine hygiene aisle in the store and that's the last trip down that aisle I've made since.
Unread 10-16-2005, 02:41 PM

Thanks everyone. I knew I was an okay person , but I was beginning to think my body was a total weirdo! I love the angels out of tampons idea and flipping off the fem hygiene ailse--that's hysterical!! You hyster sisters are terrific!!!!
Unread 10-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Angels from tampons. That has made me laugh so much, wonder if we could use the wings off the pads for something...................mmmmmmm. Good luck ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register