describe adhesion pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

describe adhesion pain? describe adhesion pain?

Unread 10-17-2005, 09:39 PM
describe adhesion pain?

I haven't posted in a while. I was just wondering if anyone had experience w/adhesions and what they feel like. I have been having intense/cramping type pain a few minutes before and after a bowel movement. The pain is lower (in between the hip area) and almost in a straight line (bowel?). It's not the same ibs/all over type pain. After the pain subsides my lower abdominal area is tender. My fear is that somehow that part of my bowel has adhered to my enterocele mesh repair. I don't want to call the dr. I've had alot of problems/complaints since my hyster & repairs that i feel/sound like a broken record. I've been in an out of the drs since for lower back pain that turns out to be ddd & herniated disc that i just had a epidural injections for on friday. It's been one thing after another it seems. I want my life back without pain! It feels so unattainable and out of reach right now. I can see how people sink into depression when they have chronic pain. I'm afraid if i tell my husband that i need to go get this checked out he might say- "now what!?" He's been very supportive and never once doubted me about my complaints. I haven't had a pain free day since and its very stressful on our relationship. I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2005, 09:49 PM
describe adhesion pain?

i do want to add that i've checked the website on adhesions for information. i was looking for personal experience if you know what i mean
Unread 10-18-2005, 12:31 AM
describe adhesion pain?

I had adhesiolysis in March '04, 7.5 months post tvh/a-p repair. My symptoms included pain, tugging, pulling, swelling, and heaviness in the area where the adhesions were (LLQ). A month or so after the adhesiolysis the same symtoms returned just not as intense. It seems adhesions have formed around my colon.

Most Dr's can make an accurate guess as to whether a patient is suffering from adhesions. Unfortunately the only guaranteed way to diagnose is via a laproscope.

stay well
d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 07:22 AM
describe adhesion pain?

My SIL had a hyster a few years ago-had no symptoms until this summer. Then she had excruciating pain, doubled-over, right-sided pain. They had to do surgery to remove the adhesions that were around her colon and removed her appendix because of adhesions. She described that pain as very intense and knew immediately she needed a doctor.

My doc told me after my hyst that some women have had cramping and pain so long from gyn problems, then after surgery they have to learn what are normal bowel cramps. I kept thinking everytime I needed to have a bowel movement that I was starting my period-which I knew was impossible.
Yours sounds like it is related to your bowel and I think you should get it checked out. There are many women that have troubles after their hyst. You don't need to apologize about it-we understand
Unread 10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
describe adhesion pain?

thanks ladies for the reply. i'm learning to trust my intuition more now because of all i've gone thru. i will probably make an appointment to get checked out. The pain only seems to stay in that one area and not the other part of my bowel which is strange. It's very intense but doesnt hurt any other time. thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register