got biopsies back from gyn/onc | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

got biopsies back from gyn/onc got biopsies back from gyn/onc

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 10-17-2005, 09:10 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

Hi,
I just got a call from gyn/onc tonight at 9:30.He said that biopsies came back with severe dysplasia very far up in cervical canal.Now he said there was a 5% chance of there being invasive cancer so wants to do a cone before hyster.Has anyone else had this in cervical canal? He then said that cutting into bladder was a concern because of my cervix being "Very,very short" .What the heck does that mean? anybody know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

Sorry, I can't help you. I don't know the answers to your questions, but I am wishing you the best and that it's NOT cancer.
Good luck and keep us posted, please.
  #3  
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:10 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

I don't know what he means by a short cervix!

But, I have been there...know how yukky it feels. Hang in there, and have the cone. The good news is, it is still dysplasia..not invasive. So hopefully when they do the cone, it will have clear margins and you'll be done!

Now, in the meantime, rest...eat broccoli and cauliflour..(in many studies.. these have reversed dysplasia. There is even a supplement available!)

I will pray for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:24 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

Sorry, no experience here,but I did want to give you a big ole' and I hope seriously that there is no cancer. 5% chance of their being cancer means there is a 95% chance that it's NOT cancer, right?
Keep the faith.
xoxo

k9
  #5  
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

thank you all for your thoughts.Have a consult on Friday.I will have to let you know what a "short cervix " is I'm sorry but i have to laugh it just sounded so funny.
  #6  
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

<running off to eat some broccoli and cauliflower, even though I no longer have any of those organs>

Sounds like you caught things just in time, and will be taken care of pronto.
  #7  
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

I don't know anything about a short cervix, fanny. (Maybe Randy Newman will write a song for you? ) "High up" in the endocervical canal, though, is where cancers can hide, and that is why the cold knife cone biopsies (if that is what you are having) are done, to remove that tissue and get a pathologist to examine it.

I do know that you want this done before a hysterectomy, because a hyster w/cancer will be handled differently than one without.

Take care ... just had a cone last Friday and they ain't that bad, really.
  #8  
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:15 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

This is kind of hard to wrap your mind around but I will try to explain it so it makes sense. The short cervix is talking about the axis that runs parallel with the vagina.

If you think of the cervix as being a little round "box" that is usually 1-1/2" in circumference (around), 3/4" thick with the center being the os (the opening that allows menstrual blood to pass) located right in the center of the cervix just like a very small center in a donut, and 1-1/2" tall with the top part connected to the uterus and the bottom part just hanging in the top of the vagina.

The part that is being referred to as short, is the 1-1/2" tall part. The thickness of the cervix that connects the uterus to the vagina. It is this axis that a cone is taken from. Some people think of it as taking a cone from the "bottom" of the cervix. I don't know if you have had a cone which would "shorten" your cervix, but some women have a naturally short cervix. Hope this helps. Judy
  #9  
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:20 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

I don't know much about your type of diagnosis but I want to wish you luck & hope it isn't cancer. God bless you.
  #10  
Unread 10-18-2005, 10:57 PM
got biopsies back from gyn/onc

I just had a Large Cone done and also have Severe Dysplasia far up into the cervical canal. Doc said I did not need my cervix anymore so we did not mind him just about taking all of it. I get my results of it on Friday.
He never said I had a short cervix or anything about the bladder...
Get your answers though....That would not be a good thing...to have something happen to your bladder just for a Cone.
Will stay posted!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
5 Replies, Last Reply 07-23-2008, Started By mm148
4 Replies, Last Reply 10-14-2005, Started By yorkharbor71
21 Replies, Last Reply 06-14-2005, Started By aloveforlife
2 Replies, Last Reply 04-15-2005, Started By el21
3 Replies, Last Reply 02-12-2005, Started By neesey
4 Replies, Last Reply 10-18-2004, Started By Chris54
7 Replies, Last Reply 08-02-2004, Started By DeeQue
4 Replies, Last Reply 06-23-2003, Started By Carmanni
4 Replies, Last Reply 12-13-2002, Started By jodi1234
2 Replies, Last Reply 10-11-2000, Started By Norway Lynn
5 Replies, Breast Health
2 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Breast Health
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
3 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

August 2,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement