up and down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-04-2001, 05:29 AM
up and down

well girls today I had my tour of the radiation room, and met with the psycologist and the oncology nurse. Now I am scared again I just want to curl up into a ball and cry . I have heard now that maybe my pubic hair will fall out and never grow back : :. I seem to have been through so much this past year to cure me of this and nothing has worked, I am so scared that this treatment won't work either. I am trying so hard to be brave and to keep faith but boy, it is hard. Thanks for listening . love you all lots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2001, 11:13 AM
up and down

Oh Robyn, I am so sorry that you are feeling scared again! You have to remember that you owe it to yourself and your family to get yourself well! Don't you dare stop fighting this!! We are all here for you and all want to help you in anyway that we can!! As for the hair loss, you need to remember that even if you do lose your pubic hair...who cares? It is NOT important, no one will know (except for dh and us!) and those who do know won't care! You are so much more important than hair!! Please try to hang on to your faith...it is so important now and you have so many people who love you! I wish that I could cheer you up and make you smile! Maybe I should send you some dirty jokes via email! If I thought it would work, I would do it!! Please dear, just hang in there!!! We luv ya!
Unread 04-04-2001, 11:27 AM
up and down

robynb, I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It is scary when you first start the radiation but after a few trips you see that this is justb a treatment that you need. I did lose my pubic hair but it did grow back. I even joked with my husband that when we did have sex after it was over that he would glow in the dark and I would be able to find him in a dark room. You need it to live so you will get through it. Talk to the doctor and especially the nurse and report any unusual symptoms because they have meds to help with the nausea and diarrhea. I had six weeks of external and then 2 internal implants where you stay in the hosp for three days. Get lots of rest because you do get very tired especially about week three or four. Talk to a dietician if they do not get you one from the begining. Certain foods help with the nausea and diarrhea. Take care and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers each and every day. You will get through this. And you will be able to help the next person who has to go through this.. Keep in touch to let us know how you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2001, 11:33 AM
up and down

I just had to second that...PLEASE keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!!!!!
Unread 04-04-2001, 12:54 PM
up and down

Robyn,

It's completely understandable that you're having ups and downs. I think all of us on this board have experienced this. Even 9 months after my surgery, I still have my good and bad days.

I don't know if time flies as fast in Australia as it does here in Tennessee (I'm sure it does), but before you know it, you'll be done with your treatments and you'll be back to your old self.

I love you right back. You've become pretty special to me. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 04-04-2001, 01:08 PM
up and down

Ok Ladies....Group Hug!!!!! (((( Robyn)))))))

Robyn Sweetie!!!
There is not one more thing I can add to what the wonderful ladies have already told you here!

You are young, and you are strong and dammit, you will get through this girl!!!

And you are entitiled to feel every emotion that you are feeling. The waiting is the worst part.

The day will come when you will look back at this miserable time, and then look at your little darlin daughter, and say..."yep....it was all worth it"!

Lots of prayers, love and big hugs to you hon!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 04-04-2001, 06:48 PM
up and down

Dang Robyn, and all those years some of us trim and shave fast growing pubic hair... (Ok, bad joke, but really, that SHOULD be the least of your worries.)

Try to think positively. You need to keep your spirits up. Treat yourself to some special treatment, and keep your chin up!
Unread 04-04-2001, 09:34 PM
up and down

I'm so sorry it hit you so hard,I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better.And to make that feeling in the pit of your stomach go away.But if there was I think it's already been said by all these wonderful women.I wish I could be there for you and hold you through the tough times.But really you are so strong you will do fine and come back to teach the rest of us how to deal with what life brings our way.It's not going to be easy but you will do what you have to and take care of it once and for all. Then you can go back to consintrating on your life as it was before all the doctors got involved.Keep your chin up and remember all our prayers are with you!
Unread 04-05-2001, 06:20 AM
up and down

Hi, {{{Robyn}}}!

So glad to hear you went for a tour of the place ahead of time. Now you can add that into your visualization practice (you in that room, getting the reinforcements you need to fight off those bad cells--boy are they in for trouble!!)

I'm sorry this is so difficult for you, Dear. Please take care of yourself and get well. You have so much of life ahead of you with dh and dd.

More thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Unread 04-05-2001, 07:22 AM
up and down

Jeannine has a great point! Now you can visualize that white light from God shining so bright in that room that those bad cancer cells will just evaporate. Of course you're so scared!!! Sometimes curling up in a ball and crying is a good thing. But you know you're getting lots of good energy sent you from around the world. {{{robyn}}}

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register