help! uti and swollen sore leaking boobs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help! uti and swollen sore leaking boobs help! uti and swollen sore leaking boobs

Unread 04-04-2001, 12:35 PM
help! uti and swollen sore leaking boobs

hi all, im afraid my ovaries have failed me, ive been finally getting back to normal when all of this comes up. i went to my regular doctor actually a p.a. mon for bladder infection. she gave me antibiotics for it. actually i might as well have went to the vet. this woman was a #*&%$. anyway, my boobs are swollen and so sore and last night they were leaking while i slept. is there any connection. im afraid this means my ovaries have failed. waiting for the nurse at my gyns to call back. she really cut me off the first time. so i doubt ill get anything out of her. any help would be very much appreciated. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2001, 01:53 PM

It's not a great sign for your ovaries but you know it can take quite a few months for them to settle down.

I hope while you were talking with the doctor's office you asked about the leaking--though it's almost certainly hormones, you want to make sure the scarier possibilities are eliminated, especially if it's one sided.

It sounds as though your progesterone levels are dropping a lot faster than your estrogen levels--which means that your body thinks it's breastfeeding time. boosting progesterone and/or taking magnesium is supposed to help with that. What you want is to get prolactin levels to drop, so you might read up on prolactin. A tendency to UTIs though is (if it's hormone related) connected to low estrogen more than anything else. So both might be dropping just one is dropping faster than the other. you might look at Dr. Collins site. Not that I buy everything he says, but he does help you think about the different possibilities. www.yourmenopausetype.com
Unread 04-04-2001, 06:22 PM

I agree with Trish, but it is still early in the piece so it may be just a bit of turmoil while your body adjusts after the hyst. After I had a large cyst during pregnancy I experienced a discharge ( not great, but a discharge nevertheless) for the last 13 years. Endless investigations later, mammos, ultrasounds etc etc. they found nothing and pronounced it hormonal. Well, it was pretty obvious anyway but what to do about it? Prolactin levels can be raised with stress and your body having just undergone major surgery is certainly under stress. The UTI's can be common after surgery but can also be due to estrogen lack as Trish says, so sounds like your ovaries are trying to get their act together and not quite winning yet.
I found it interesting Trish what you said about levels of progesterone dropping faster than estrogen. Certainly that's been erratic with me for all those years with the whacky ovary. A lot of my tests showed very high levels of estrogen and little or no progesterone - enter fibroids and heavy bleeding. Uggggh! After ovulating a couple of weeks ago I have a return of the slight breast discharge after being free of it for months, so your theory makes sense. Of course I could be experiencing a rise in Prolactin from stress - a common problem in this jungle
I hope you get somehwere with your gyn Schackie, and by the sounds of it you may have to seek out a more understanding family doc. A good one can be invaluable, and easier and quicker to get in to see than a gyn! If you could find a GP who knows a lot about hormones then it would be a great help.
Good luck,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2001, 08:50 PM

thank u so much. the nurse called back and said give it a week. if its still there call back. she said my hormones r trying to get adjusted. i ask about the hormone test. she said it wouldnt help at this time, because there confused right now anyway. im calling for an appointment for a mamogram tomorrow. thanks so much. i was really getting scared about.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register