Generic "Climara" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Generic "Climara" Generic "Climara"

Unread 04-05-2001, 06:01 AM
Generic "Climara"

I just ordered my first prescription for CLIMARA and I was given a generic *brand*....

Can anyone tell me if it is just as good? MYLAN is the *brand* name. (Box of 4 patches)

Thanks,
NoNoLoLola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2001, 06:13 AM
Generic "Climara"

Hi-
I remember getting my first Climara patches and being given a generic brand. It happened that I saw my dr that week also and she said to take that patch off and get non-generic! The generics were much thicker and bigger than Climara, but the doctor also felt the quality was different.
Good luck
Janet
Unread 04-05-2001, 06:38 AM
Geeeshka!

Hi Jer,
I thought as much, that's why I posted the question here. (I'm always amazed and greatful for this website).

I called my pharmacy and told them that I have not used any of the 4 in box. My pharmacist told me to simply bring the generic back for an exchange for CLIMARA brand patches.

Thank you for your help, as always.....
NoNoLoLola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2001, 06:40 AM
Generic "Climara"

Lola,
I have heard when it comes to hormones that it may be best to get the "name" and not the generic. I have asthma and have found the same to be true with my asthma medicinces.
Unread 04-05-2001, 07:18 AM
Generic "Climara"

Since the glue is the delivery system of the patches and at least around here people have said the generics don't stick, I think you did the right thing turning them in. It's hard enough in the Jungle without littering the trail with fallen off patches!
Unread 04-05-2001, 07:40 AM
The Glue Issue

Hi There....
Well...yes, I think it is smart to stick with the brand CLIMARA that is trusted and tested.

...I've read other posted suggestions by patch users and I'm glad to see that it works for them as well as for me. You simply swab the area that you are going to apply the patch to with alcohol!

About that alcohol too: NOT the ISOPROPYL with the additive Glycerine OR Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol!!!!!!!
These alcohols have additives that make the glue on the patch NOT STICK!!!

Do Use: A specific 91% Isopropyl Alchohol....this is what is used to swab the skin area before hypodermic needle
insertion and other cleansing/sterile applications.
You can buy pre-packaged swab "towelettes" OR you cab buy a 16oz. (1pt.) 473ml. bottle of the 91% alcohol at any drugstore and most grocery stores.

It works, but you still have to be careful as you would with any bandage on your skin. Mine do last a whole week.

NoNoLoLola

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register