Sex Earlier than Doctor says? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex Earlier than Doctor says? Sex Earlier than Doctor says?

Unread 10-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Sex Earlier than Doctor says?

Hi, all .. I know this has been asked before .. but, have any of you resumed intercourse a little bit earlier than the doctor gave permission for? My gyn gave us the go ahead for Tuesday-Wednesday of next week and we're both so anxious. I'm so anxious, I'm considering talking hubby into it this weekend instead. It will be 5 1/2 weeks this weekend .. would it really make a difference a few days early?

Thoughts? Experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 09:40 PM

Pleeeeeease , follow your DR's orders to the letter on this one. Look at it this way: if you wait until your DR gives you the green light, and you have a problem, you can say "but you said it would be OK". What will you say if you do it too early and the unthinkable happens?

s,
-Linda
(who did NOT go against her DR's orders and is very glad)
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:54 PM

DenB,
I agree with suferbabe. No Way!!!! Even if it would be alright(which is an unknown) you don't want to risk it. Believe it or not it is not worth the risk.(my opinion) I think most of us will agree.
You'll have plenty of time for *fun* later. Heal now!!!
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Hi Denise,

That makes 3 of us!! Waiting can be hard, as we Hyster Sisters know....and just think...the waiting will be worth it.

The body needs its ~full~ healing period and you might not want to jeopardize that when you are so close to your finish line.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 10-26-2005, 10:35 PM

Dear Denise:

You surgeon did his job in the OR, and now it's up to you to complete the healing process by following doctor's orders...

Take a cold shower pls
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:31 PM

i agree with everyone on this one. when i asked my dr. what would happen if you had intercourse too soon, she told me a story about when she was an intern and it really freaked her out. this woman was 1 week post op and came to her emergency room with her bowel in her vagina. that scared me enough to wait.
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:38 PM

Wait! A few days can save you several weeks of problems! And just because you hit your 6 weeks mark, doesn't guarantee that all will be perfect anyway. Some ladies have problems even after they have been released. So please, be careful, and Tuesday or Wednesday, take it slow.
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser
Wait! A few days can save you several weeks of problems! And just because you hit your 6 weeks mark, doesn't guarantee that all will be perfect anyway. Some ladies have problems even after they have been released. So please, be careful, and Tuesday or Wednesday, take it slow.
I agree. I read a case history about a woman who had sex before the doc released her--and she ended up being rehospitalized, in severe shock, and needing additional repairs to her vagina. Let your body heal. Cold showers or cuddle instead, please?
Unread 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM

Oh wow, I am scared to even try when the time comes. I've read so many stories.

Pleaes be careful.
Unread 10-27-2005, 07:12 PM

Ok, so I'm wise to listen to the wisdom of my sisters, and I will do just that. Do you agree I can go ahead at the 6 week mark, as the doctor has stated? If we're careful and I listen well to my body, we will be able to stop before anything adverse happens, is what I'm thinking. I understand CeCeRose611's fear, too .. I've read the experiences and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid, too.

You know what .. let me be frank .. all this thinking and wanting and waiting and realistically, my DH is so terrified he may hurt me that he may be unable to resume making love, anyhow. His fear may get the better of him and we may be waiting even longer. ;-)

I thank you all for your honest, awesome support. What a group. Sisterhood in womanhood!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register