rectocele and cystocele surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectocele and cystocele surgery rectocele and cystocele surgery

Unread 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
rectocele and cystocele surgery

Well, went back to the uro gyn, and he said that I have a cystocele (again) and rectocele. he wwants to do surgery in January. I really dont want surgery, but I am feeling uncomfortable now, like something is always up there. WhenI sit down later in the day, I get relief. Some days are better than others, but some days are really bad. I am tired of feeling this way, but sometimes I am afraid of complications from the surgery. Mu doc said that a pesssary really will not help a rectocele, so.............I have been going to a physical therapist for exercises for my pelvic floor, but sometimes i think that is making me feel worse. the surgery date is Jan 20, and I guess if I feel better, or chicken out I can cancel, but we are going overseas thsi summer and the nurse said that it would be hard with the rectocel and cyscocele. Any advice???????????? Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2005, 07:11 PM

Sorry that you are dealing with the celes again. In my opinion, I would go through with the surgery. If you feel uncomfortable now, you will feel uncomfortable this summer and maybe even worse. I'd want to feel well for a trip overseas and enjoy it. Best wishes! Hope it all goes well.
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:24 AM

Hi Sue,
I would go ahead and have the surgery although, as you know, I am not a big fan of surgery myself. I just think you need to have the repairs done by someone who knows what they are doing and you know I love your urogyn. As far as my rectocele, cystocele that he repaired everything is still up where it is supposed to be and it all feels fantastic right now..no feelings of something being in there like I had before the repairs were done. You know I am having the frequency issues and he wants to cut the sling, but I don't think it is because the repairs were not done correctly. My surgery was done last Jan 26. I have read that the winter months are not good for having the surgery done because of colds, coughing etc., but I had mine then and had no problems. I can't remember when you had your surgery done that you are having problems from, so the only thing you may want to consider is giving what you had done time to heal completely if it hasn't? I really trust our urogyn with these issues though and believe if he says you need the repairs you need them. Did he grade your cystocele/rectocele?

All the best wishes in the world for making your decision! I am in the same decision making process, as you know.
Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2005, 12:07 PM

Hi Sue,
Just remember that you will barely be 6 months healing when they do the next surgery - are you ready for more? I know exactly how you feel though - my cystocele has fallen again and I didn't have my rectocele fixed with the hyst. I feel really bad a lot and the thought of sex doesn't cross my mind on most days - poor DH. I am still dealing with urgency problems - so before I think about more surgery I want to resolve them - I don't think my bladder can handle more trama right now. Keep us posted - this is getting old isn't it. Oh yeah I did the 'pelvic floor' training for my sphincter muscle and I don't think it helped at all - except that now I can isolate my sphincter muscle contracting from my vagina contracting - woo hoo - like that is something that will help me - lol. Good Luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register