weight gain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:14 PM
weight gain

i'm almost at 3months nov 24 will be for me ... i would like to know how maney women out there are still battling the weight gain ... i have not lost and i have not gained either ,,, i;m working on the hoodia and it helps a little bit .... just can't wait to get back in my size 8's jogging pants and stretchy stuff are my fave hard to wear those to church though lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2005, 07:38 PM
weight gain

Hi southrngrl! Welcome to Hysteritaville! At 3 months post op I was having a lot of trouble still with my swelly belly. Things that fit me in the morning, didn't fit me by evening. Remember you are still early in your recovery. Since you aren't gaining, you should be able to get back into those size 8's.
Take care!
's
Unread 11-06-2005, 04:45 PM
weight gain

You are still early in your recovery. While I didn't gain any weight post hyst, I could not lose any either. After about six months I dropped a few pounds and than they came right back. Finally, after about a year things stabalized and I was able to shed the few extra pounds I had put on before the hyst. It does take more effort to keep the pounds off, but so far I have been successful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
weight gain

thanks so much you two.... i feel better now adn i guess i can wait for my weight to even out ... but i'm very impatient lol bless you both for answering
Unread 11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
What should I expetc

I am having a hysterectomy on Nov. 17th. I am keeping my ovaries. What should I expect for weight gain and how I am going to feel the first week or so.
Unread 12-28-2005, 08:20 AM
weight gain

I have gained over 40lbs since my hyster (2001) and I can't lose it either. I just started today on a diet plan and am taking a drug with Hoodia in it as well. I hope it makes me feel better all around. If you have any ideas on how to lose it keep me posted too - it has been tough.
klf32
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:32 AM
weight gain

I am 3 months post op today and I too have gained some weight throughout this whole ordeal. I found out in May that I had the fibroids and enlarged uterus and then had my surgery on Sept. 28th. From May until now I have gained about 20 pounds which is really frustrating because before all of this started I had lost 25 pounds on Jenny Craig and was down to a size 8. I have been trying to not be too hard on myself, after all, what we have gone through is major surgery and our first priority should be to heal right and get healthy. I have started working out at the gym about 3-4 days a week and that seems to make my swelly belly come back. I have also decided to go back to Jenny Craig and see if I can lose the weight again. I am kind of scared that it won't come off this time because of the surgery and the changes my body is going through. Hopefully I will reach my goal to be back into my size 8's by the end of April.

Wish me luck and good luck to all of you! I totally understand your frustrations and hope you all find a plan that works for you.
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:40 AM
weight gain

hdprincess,

Good luck - I did Jenny Craig a little over a year ago - lost about 22lbs and had some issues, had to stop. I started eating again and gained it all back and more. Very frustrating, I can sympathize with you. I vow to lose it this time. I am not doing Jenny Craig though - it is just too much money, plus I live in an area I have to drive a while to get to one. Not too practical for me at this point. I wish you luck - keep me posted on how you do.
Unread 12-28-2005, 10:16 AM
weight gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by klf32
hdprincess,

Good luck - I did Jenny Craig a little over a year ago - lost about 22lbs and had some issues, had to stop. I started eating again and gained it all back and more. Very frustrating, I can sympathize with you. I vow to lose it this time. I am not doing Jenny Craig though - it is just too much money, plus I live in an area I have to drive a while to get to one. Not too practical for me at this point. I wish you luck - keep me posted on how you do.
klf32,

Thanks for the support. I agree that Jenny Craig is expensive but I am so frustrated right now I am willing to try it again. I am hoping I can keep the weight off this time but I know it will be a life long struggle. I will let you know how I do. Good luck to you too. Please let me know if you find something that works well for you too.
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:52 PM
weight gain

I am so frustrated...right after the surgery I had lost about 10lbs. Now I am back up 6lbs...I know it is because I really wasn't eating the first 10 days and now with Christmas and all...but boy am I so undone by this. My tummy hangs below my scar, which makes me cry to look at and I really am so unhappy about my body all together! I want to start walking tomorrow but I am not even sure how far to go...any suggestions?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register