post hysterectomy bleeding after 6 months | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post hysterectomy bleeding after 6 months post hysterectomy bleeding after 6 months

Unread 11-06-2005, 10:16 AM
post hysterectomy bleeding after 6 months

Hi There,
Had an emergency hysterectomy in May 2005 following admittance with severe pain on right side, hysterectomy removed right ovary , tube and womb leaving behaind cervix and left tube and ovary. Now am having bleeding which is coming from endometrium regrowth, bleeding is getting heavy and now have pain in left side of simialar nature, don't want to see consultant as am worried I may end up back in hospital as mother of 5 I just want my life back. Everything seems to have gone wrong on me as I was scheduled for an abalation but had a massive side effect from the PROSTAP injection and had to have HRT to conteract then a very heavy bleed at Consultants appt ended in being admitted with abalation taking place next day with tubes being tied. Sharp stabbing pain in right side was thought to be a clip pressing on a nerve but collasped and was admitted when the hysterectomy was felt to be the best solution.

Has any one had endometrium lasered following hysterectomy or any similiar experiences beginning to feel total freak !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2005, 02:36 PM

Hi

I'm afraid I can't help you with a similar experience, but you really will have to bite the bullet and see a doctor again as soon as possible. I know you don't want to, but you'll be no use to your children if things get worse and you get ill?

The only thing I can relate to is the Prostap (the Sisters in the USA call it Lupron) and the side effects can be nasty, depending on the individual. I remember my Surgeon telling me to do my best not to have add-back hormone therapy as it lessens the effectiveness of the Prostap. So if it's suggested again, try to stick with it?

I'm so sorry you're having so many problems. Try to see your GP and get the ball rolling as soon as possible?

Wishing you all the best.

Unread 11-07-2005, 06:53 AM

Thanks so much for your reply, I know what you are saying is right and I will have to face the consultant again, she has been really supportive but it does not help this feeling a freak of natureand the not knowing what is causing the pain. Spent most of weekend in bed , no energy and very painful. Bleeding has stopped today with a decrease in pain which has enabled me to achieve something of a daily routine. I will see if it settles down further and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 05:31 AM

Chiltern

I just wanted to add to what ((Pooodle)) said - it is important that you keep in close contact with your doctor when you are having such severe symptoms. Especially if you are bleeding heavily, becoming very fatigued, in a lot of pain, etc. These are not normal - as I'm sure you know. I know it's difficult to think about the potential of another surgery when you have children at home. But, again, it is difficult to be a good mom when you can't hardly bring yourself to get out of bed. I've been there.

And you most certainly are not a freak! Don't be so hard on yourself - it's not like we can control this (I wish!!!).

Do what you need to do to be the best possible YOU. Make that phone call.

Wishing you all the best.......

s
Cortney
Unread 11-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Thank you so much for all your kind words, it makes a real difference to know there are people who understand.

The pain and bleeding subsided and I began to feel human and back in control, am seeing a super physicologist who is supporting and conselling. The probelm is turninginto a regular cycle. But when I am so brought down with the pain I run from those who can help. I feel as if I am loseing control and would do anything to get out of the pain hence the agreement for a hysterectomy as I felt I had no options. Just don't want to find myself in that position again. The hysterectomy was meant to stop the bleeding, pain and give me a better life . i have still got bleeding and pain the only thing it did do is remove any chance of pregnancy and now I am unable to bear the sight of babies and feel devastated. Prior to surgery I was happy with my brood of five and looking forward to going back to my career as a nurse.

Last week at thehospital appointment I was doubled up in pain but refused to let anyone examine me as my consultant was on leave, this week I was painfree and bleed free and logical enough to know I shoul dhave allowed someone to examine me but I scared they woul dadmit me. The consultant was so sorry she had been away when it happened and has promised that no-one will try ans talk me into anything if I don't want it but when you are in so much pain it is so hard to think clearly. I am sure that I will get resolution somewhere but for now the hysterectomy has not cured my probelms and left me with a bladder probelm where it does not empty its self entirely and I have to catherize myself twice a day to prevent infections. Feel like saying to the world !!!!

Unread 11-13-2005, 04:54 PM

Oh dear, I can't offer any helpful input, just that I'm 15 months post SAH and still bleeding, still self-cathing and having severe pelvic pain. I haven't been able to have intercourse since July which is really starting to be a strain.

I too have started working with a very good phychotherapist, am also starting pelvic floor physical therapy and relaxation techniques as well as some yoga stretches. I feel like a freak!

Seems everyone I know that's had a hyst. is so happy and painfree afterwards. I had a pelvic CT and it said I had a normal uterus?!?!? Maybe that's where the bleeding keeps coming from.

It's very discouraging and some days I just want to hide from it all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register