I know something...kinda... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I know something...kinda... I know something...kinda...

Unread 11-07-2005, 05:42 PM
I know something...kinda...

Hi Ladies! I finally got to speak with the doctor!! He called me twice and I called him twice and third time's a charm!!

I asked if he was going to take my uterus laparascopically and he told me that since he will "be in that area for my bladder prolapse anyway" he will probably take my uterus vaginally. He said it really depends on what he finds when he's in there.

He isn't having me do a "bowel prep" per say, but a bowel prep none-the-less. He said I won't have to drink any of that nasty prep stuff but I will have to be on a liquid diet for two days prior to my surgery. He is faxing complete instructions to me.

I will have to stay overnight at least. He said he won't know if I'll need to stay longer until the morning after. He won't let me have any of my anxiety medicine before hand. I think this is my biggest fear. I hope my bowels are empty because that's what happens when I have anxiety attacks and I'd hate to have to jump off the table before they give me my happy medicine fifteen times to have a "diarrhea run."

I asked what would happen if I was on my period and he said not to worry, it isn't a problem. I asked what if I had a cold or something. He said "Don't get sick on me! Don't get a cold!" I said "I have a cold." he said "Well, get well in the next 8 days and don't get sick again."

So, I will be trying really hard to get better and keep from getting sick again!

I am scared and excited all at the same time. He makes me feel better because he's so confident in what he does, so I know I'll be okay. I know I will (trying to convince self).

He told me that he's hoping he goes in and everything's clean, but that he's prepared for the worst. He said "I'm kinda anxious and excited to find out what's been causing all your pain too. I'm hoping to answer 19 out of 20 questions but I know we'll both be happy if I can just answer 1. LOL "

He's a great doctor!!

So, here I am-questions answered, cramping, hurting and waiting....8 more days!!

Thanks to all of you who've been here for me and will continue to be here for me I hope I can help others as much as I've been helped by all you wonderful Hyster Sisters!!! Love and hugs to all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 06:46 PM

Wow, it sounds like the third time was the charm You got a lot of info.
The liquid diet isn't a lot of fun but isn't that bad either. I had to do a bowel prep as well as a liquid diet once - didn't enjoy that at all.

I hope that you get rid of the cold quickly and stay well. I'm sending good wishes your way as well as a lot of prayers and hugs.

Unread 11-07-2005, 06:52 PM

Good luck. I will be thinking of you. Mine is in less than 3 weeks and I am getting more nervous as it gets closer. This board has helped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2005, 12:54 AM

Stacey,

I hope that all goes well. I understand what you have been going through for so long. Your date is not too far away. Treat yourself well during this pre-op time and the post-op time.

Take care,

Dianne
Unread 11-08-2005, 10:18 AM

Thanks ladies for your replies and well wishes!! I am getting more and more nervous/anxious/scared as the days pass by. I had a hard time sleeping last night because I kept on thinking about how nervous I am! Isn't that sad? I wasn't nervous and thinking about the surgery, I was nervous and thinking about being nervous for my surgery! I'm so pathetic!! LOL!!

Well, anyway- thanks for the replies, it means a lot to me

Unread 11-08-2005, 07:56 PM

Newbodyplz,My surgery is on the 17th and I am feeling the very same way. I am so anxious, even at work all I can think about is if I've asked all the right questions? covered all the bases and have my house in order? Iwill probrally forget to pack a gown and toothbrush. The two basic things I cannot live without.ha!I wish you all the luck in the world and I'll keep you in my prayers.We will survive. bikini
Unread 11-09-2005, 04:16 PM

bikini,

Yes, I know we'll survive-it's just the waiting that's killing me! I have too much time to think about this, and yet it's happening so fast!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well! Take care, and thanks for the response

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register