Update and Surgery Number 9 in 2 years.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update and Surgery Number 9 in 2 years.... Update and Surgery Number 9 in 2 years....

Unread 11-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Update and Surgery Number 9 in 2 years....

Hi everyone,

My saga continues. For those of you who have followed my saga with mastectomies, hysterectomy, lap surgeries for adhesions, reconstruction surgery and ruptured expanders, infection from expanders and so on, and so on....Then I had to have a cystoscopy. Uro said problems are still adhesions but on the back side of my bladder. Today I found out I have an umbilical hernia that could possibly be causing the nausea when I work out and pelvic pain. So now on Nov. 22 I meet with the general surgeon and will probably be having surgery number 9. My life is never dull as you can tell. When I go in on the 22nd, I am going to sweet talk my surgeon to take a look see to check for adhesions. I hope she will. Besides my hysterectomy and my reconstruction, she is the only one that has done any surgeries on me. My gyn did the laps and didn't look behind the bladder so we will see. I am hoping this does the trick. I am really tired of surgeries. I am just waiting for my insurance to cut me off. Having my procedures was to save them money in the long run. I think if I would have left things alone I wouldn't be in the predicament right now. Oh well enough. Just thought I would share my continuing saga. s to everyone of you. Hoping you all find relief soon!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 07:26 PM
radical

Dear NMSalHus,
First of all, I would like to send you BIG 'S.
I totally can relate to you, with all these surgeries...
Between the ages of 17-22, I had about 22!!!
It is really hard on your body...not to mention the mind!!!
I just want to send you all my love and support, as I know how it feels to have a hospital as "a second home!"
Make sure, this time, that your doctor does check for adhesions....you would be extremely lucky NOT to have any after that many abdo surgeries.
I hope and pray that you do not go down the horrid path of adhesions, and you have a good surgeon looking after you.
I can totally understand and relate to you being tired of the operations, they do wear you out!
I really hope and pray that this is the last of it for you...and I just wanted to send you lots of and love.
Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Love Radical.
Unread 11-07-2005, 09:06 PM

I am so sorry you have had to have so many surgeries. I have had several myself since 2001 and know it is no fun. I wish you the very best and hope your problems come to an end. Sending s and best wishes to you!
Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Thanks Sherry and Radical, I spoke with the surgeon and I will see her on the 22nd. She has no problem doing the procedure but I can't tell anyone that she is the one doing it or they will be calling her to do others. She retired a year ago and is now just woring at our Comprehensive Breast Center and really only does breast biopsies, lumpectomies and mastectomies. She said she would do mine so Iam very fortunate. She also said she would lokk around while in there. She is an awesome doc and really do respect her and her work. She has never done me wrong and was one of my biggest supporters when all of this took place in the first place. She has also been part of my support system. Thank goodness she came out of retirement. Thank you both for your kind thoughts. I too am hoping this is the end of the troubles. It has been a long road but not as long as yours, I am sending both of you s as well. I don't think we can ever have enough. Thanks again!!!!!! I will keep you all posted on the outcome. Maybe one of these days we can all get off this road...
Unread 11-12-2005, 05:41 PM

Sally,
Oh I am soo happy for you!! I hope this will be the dang end of this miserable road for you!! You SOO diserve it!! I'll be rooting for you girl!!
I'll say a prayer for you!! Take care and please keep us updated!!....Netty
Unread 11-12-2005, 06:33 PM

Well Sally I am one who has been following your saga,
and you like myself have not wanted to have surgery
until doing the homework. I have continued to have
pelvic pain after 3 surgeries and have been researching
everything I could, not wanting to have more surgery
knowing that it may mess up something. I am now
believing it has something to do with my bladder or
ureters, because I have pain there after I have a bm
and urinate, I have no flow problems just pain. When
the pelvic Dr. did my enterocele repair his surgery notes
say he took adhesions from the ureters, and I believe
they are there again, and am in pain most of the time.
Can you describe your pain? Mine runs from the urethra
deep inside, and also have pain in the rectum area, I
understand that all that is very closely connected, I have
thought it was a rectum problem, but I now believe it
is associated with the bladder, but of course if it is
adhesions they are probably connected to all of that.
Yes, I have been following your saga, I was the one looking for you awhile back when you disappeared, I
worried about you because you couldn't take pain meds,
I just don't know how you could take it. Anyway, I really
hope they can find and fix! Good luck, and keep us
informed.
Unread 11-12-2005, 07:30 PM

Hi Sally,

I'm so sorry you are to yet have more surgery but at least your comfortable with your doctor and have faith in her and I'm sure things will go well. I'll pray that you need no more surgery as there does come a time when our bodies have had enough.

I certainly know about surgeries. My most recent was a week ago for a 1/2 cashew retrieval. It went down the wrong way and lodged in my lung.

In less than 2 years I have had my gall bladder remove, D&C, gastroscopy, hysterectomy and bronchoscopy. I'm also supposed to have a lap to look for adhesions but I'll just wait at this stage.

I hope we can all get off this treadmill soon..........Karen
Unread 11-12-2005, 10:37 PM

Netty, SLT, and Patchkaz,

Thanks for your kind thoughts, they really mean a lot and I really am hoping this will be the last of the surgeries and the road I travel comes to a dead end and hopefully will be able to get back to living again.

Netty, you had better take care of yourself. You have been through a lot as well. I am glad I don't have the issues you have had to deal with. You must be a saint. I don't think I would have been able to do what you have done knowing what could and did happen. I know when it comes to the gallbladder, you didn't have a choice. You are my inspiration in dealing with all of this. Surgery/anesthesia has never been an issue for me. I have been able to handle it all pretty well. My only concern about it all is the healing and the effects the pain has on my everyday life. Every surgery I have had it has taken me longer to heal. That is the worse part. So my dear...DON'T do anything before its time. It may take longer to heal so make sure you don't over do it even if you feel great.

SLT, for the pain I feel...It hurts when I void, BM's have never been an issue. I can urinate at the drop of a hat. The flow is normal but, I constantly have a pulling feeling when I start and when I stop. The Uro says everything is fine but really fears that it is all due to adhesions on the back side of my bladder. The hernias are just adding to the issues. I keep my phenegran handy to relieve the nausea and have really become a slug. It hurts no matter what I do. Lying down is no longer a comfort. I have pretty much become a a sedentary and that too hurts. The person I have become because of this is not me in anyway. I am not a nice person much of the time. I do go to the gym only to sit in steam room and hot tub. I can relax somewhat doing that and can pretty much tune everyone out and not have to deal for a little while. I have tried swimming a little but have usually ended up throwing up and then sit doubled over hours. It really stinks. Good luck to you as well. I feel your pain and wish you a cure and answer to your pain as well. Thanks for caring, and I promise I will keep you all posted. As for the hernia, It feels like I have a golf ball inside my abdomen next to my belly button. It hurts to walk, sit and wear anything that puts pressure on it.

Patchkaz, My body is telling me enough is enough already. I am truly hoping this is it. I am considering not finishing my reconstruction surgery. Who needs nipples anyway. 1/2 of a cashew??? I hope you aren't having any issues with your lungs after its removal. My sister ended up with pnuemonia after she had to have a pea removed from her lung. Same situation from they way you described. Be careful, if you even think you have a cold, CALL YOU DR!!!!!My sis was a month out and ended up back in the hospital because she let what she thought was a cold go to long. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I am so ready to get off this road. From what I figure, I probably could have traveled to Australia with everthing I have been through. I am ready to be done traveling this route. I want a real vacation and really want to travel. When I retire in 5 years, our plans are to retire in NZ and then possibly Australia. We have friends in Fierny Creek, Victoria and Feilding, NZ. When we do make this move, we or I want to enjoy it and be able to live the way I want and not having to worry about pain.

I think I amgoing to start a new post about surgeries, what kind and what for. Could be an ineresting thread. I may have to start it in Friends with out faces though.

s to everyone. This road seems to be getting longer and s do make it more bearable. The support from sisters like you all is amazing. This is such a great place to be able to vent, share and most of all be able to support others in the same boat. Thank you everyone!!!!!!
Unread 11-12-2005, 11:08 PM

Hi Sally,

Yep it's been just over a week since surgery and I've had 5 iv injections and now another course of antibiotics and while I'm improving I still feel as if something is still there. Tell your sister I know how it feels. Doctor said I was less than 24hours away from pneumonia but I have a funny chest ever since I had whooping cough several years ago twice in twelve months so I was very careful. Just thought I'd be on top of things now! My poor doctor was so frustrated with my cough that he gave me what he called a mystery box which had different cough mixture samples for me to try. LOL

It certainly does sound as if you could of travelled around the world with everything that is happening to you. Poor thing you must feel your on a rollercoaster that is never ending.

I'm having my first holiday in 14 years next year and hubby and I will celebrate his 50th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary in the US and Canada and believe me nothing is going to stop me.

Hope your health improves soon........Karen
Unread 11-26-2005, 01:22 PM

Now that Thanksgiving is over I am now getting myself ready for surgery 9 and 10. Will it ever end. On Dec. 1, I will be completing the rest of my reconstruction surgery. I will be getting nipple reconstruction under conscious sedation. I will be looking like Madonna for at least 6 weeks to protect them little buggers.

On Dec. 15, I will be having hernia repair surgery. At my consult, my surgeon felt three major hernias and a few smaller ones. I will be knocked out for that one. While in there, she said she will also take down any adhesions she see's and will use a mesh as well.

Dec. 3, will be my 2 year hystervisary. I am hoping that now I can get back to the art of living with out pain. I will be very careful, not over do, and not do anyhting before I am told I can. I did follow all the directives before but will extend the time frame longer this time. I want this all behind me. The hardest part will be not going to the gym for 3 months. Yes, three months. My drs have banned me from there and have sent paper work to the gym suspending my membership until March 1st. I will abide by the rules. I can't sneak this time. They (drs) have made it perfectly clear I can't go.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and are looking to have a great Christmas. s to all of you. I hope everyone is well or getting there. I am seeing this road getting shorter. I hope its that way for all of you as well. Take care everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register