TVT concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-08-2005, 09:35 PM
TVT concerns

I'm scheduled for a TVH with TVT repair on Nov. 16th. I went for my pre-op visit today and I'm starting to feel a little anxious. The doc told me I could possibly come home with a catheter and that I may have to insert it myself. Yikes! I'm interested in hearing from others who have had the TVT procedure. What was your experience and how has recovery been?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 10:25 PM
TVT concerns

I had a cystocele repair and tvt procedure Sept 12th. I spent 2 nights in the hospital, but I think it was due to the anterior repair and my back went out during surgery.
I am almost 2 months post op now and am very, very happy with the outcome. I came home with a catheter due to alot of swelling from the anterior repair and tvt. I had it removed at one week. I was still dripping some, so I was concerned. It turned out I had a uti, so was placed on cipro. After that cleared up I have had no problems what so ever. The recovery was a breeze to me compared to the TAH. I am so happy to have it overwith. My uro/gyn never gave me any restrictions after the 6 weeks visit. I also don't know what the chances are of ever needing the tvt redone. SO FAR,SO GOOD !!!!! I am glad I decided to have it done.
Now, if I could just have such a good outcome with this back surgery.
Do alot of researching and ask alot of questions to your dr. before surgery. I found it to be very helpful to know alot of info before hand. The surgeon I had seemed to be in such a hurry all of the time and didn't tell me much. I got the best of my info right here.
Good luck and just think positive. EVERYTHING WILL GO SMOOTHLY !!
Peggy
Unread 11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
cath.

Hi, I had mine done almost 2 weeks ago. I was told the same about the cath. and I kinda freaked. Althought the 2 day at the hosp. they took it out to see if I could pee on my own, if I couldnt or pee the amount they wanted me to, I would have to have been recathed. I did pee and all was well. I went home with no cath. I had the TVH, TOT and rectocele repair. TOT is almost the same as the TVT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 07:24 PM
I had a TVH and TVT

Hello,
I had a TVH/A&Prepair/TVT on Oct. 25th. There were two little incisions on my pubic area that drained just a little for about 3 days. The area was a little bruised but I didn't really feel it but could see it. When they took my catheter out that night I went pee the first time and haven't had much problems since then. I just went for a two week check up and he said I was healing so good he wouldn't need to see me for another year unless I had any problems! That really made me feel great. I haven't had any problems but it has only been 2 weeks. My doc also told me of the possibility of having to wear a catheter home but I think they have to tell you that just in case.

Kristie
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:30 PM
TVT concerns

HI! I had my TVT procedure done 6 weeks ago tomorrow. I stayed in the hospital overnight because I lost so much blood. I had the cath overnight, then it was removed. Once I could pee, my nurse told my doc and she came in to see me and let me go home. Recovery has gone well, up till earlier in the week. I am starting to retain and my doctor thinks the best way to go is to have the sling revised.
Other than that, things are well.
I hope all goes well for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register