TAH scheduled for 12-22 (Merry Christmas to me!) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH scheduled for 12-22 (Merry Christmas to me!) TAH scheduled for 12-22 (Merry Christmas to me!)

Unread 11-09-2005, 08:27 PM
TAH scheduled for 12-22 (Merry Christmas to me!)

I have had heavy and painful periods since they started at age 11. I discovered I had fibroids at age 34; the fibroids caused constant pressure in low back and troubles with BMs, so I had a myomectomy in 2000 (14 fibroids removed). I had a laparoscopy in 2001 which removed adhesions from the myomectomy, some endo and my omentum. I had 2 c-sections in 2002 and 2003 and a D & C (after lots of high tech infertility stuff). Constant pressure returned to my low back about a year ago, so we figured it was fibroids again and decided on a TAH (no problems with ovaries). TAH was supposed to happen this summer, but my ultrasound showed only an enlarged uterus and 1 fibroid. So I got a laparoscopy instead. At the laparoscopy, some more endo was removed; Dr said uterus is enlarged and "boggy" (such a great medical term) and that I probably had adenomyosis. Dr. decided I had to jump through more hoops for TAH. So I did a month a physical therapy with no improvement and then saw an orthopedist and had my back x-rayed (and now I know my disks are in excellent shape). So My Dr. finally okayed a TAH , and I was going to wait again until summer, but I got tired of the constant pain. I guess I actually have to finish Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve this year. It will be an abdominal TAH because of my previous surgeries. This week has been particularly bad for my back, so I am glad it's scheduled. It's my Christmas present to me. I am flying my mom in for the holidays, so my 2 little girls can have lots of grandma time while I lay around the house (it seems like having surgery is the only way I get to sleep later than everybody else!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM

I am sorry you are in so much pain. I can relate to andeo pain, it can be horrific. I am glad your mom will be comming to help with your girls, it will be a great relief to you. Are you going to be home for Christmas?
Next Christmas should be a great one for you. I know I am lookinf forward to this x-mas, it will be my first one since I was 8 without a period and pain.
Much luck to you!!!!
Unread 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM

I also had the "boggy uterus" issue. Mine probably never contracted after ds was born in 2000, due in part I'm sure to all of the fibroids embedded in the uterine wall which grew during pregnancy. When I saw pictures of my uterus after the hysterecomy (which can be viewed by clicking on "my photos" if you're not too squeamish), all I could say was that it looked like a full sack of "something". And the fibroids which weren't in the uterine wall (over 30 of them) were all very small and did not fill the cavity.

I hope this surgery proves to be the answer to your problems. We're here for you whenever you need us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Good luck to you! I'm scheduled for an LAVH on Dec. 21. I plan to have my home all decorated and shopping done, etc. so when I come home I can sit back and relax and ENJOY Christmas with my family!

I might be a bit drugged up for it... but that's ok, too!

Hugs!
Unread 11-10-2005, 01:53 PM

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. I can definitely relate! Hope all goes well--keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandocat
I have had heavy and painful periods since they started at age 11. I discovered I had fibroids at age 34; the fibroids caused constant pressure in low back and troubles with BMs, so I had a myomectomy in 2000 (14 fibroids removed). I had a laparoscopy in 2001 which removed adhesions from the myomectomy, some endo and my omentum. I had 2 c-sections in 2002 and 2003 and a D & C (after lots of high tech infertility stuff). Constant pressure returned to my low back about a year ago, so we figured it was fibroids again and decided on a TAH (no problems with ovaries). TAH was supposed to happen this summer, but my ultrasound showed only an enlarged uterus and 1 fibroid. So I got a laparoscopy instead. At the laparoscopy, some more endo was removed; Dr said uterus is enlarged and "boggy" (such a great medical term) and that I probably had adenomyosis. Dr. decided I had to jump through more hoops for TAH. So I did a month a physical therapy with no improvement and then saw an orthopedist and had my back x-rayed (and now I know my disks are in excellent shape). So My Dr. finally okayed a TAH , and I was going to wait again until summer, but I got tired of the constant pain. I guess I actually have to finish Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve this year. It will be an abdominal TAH because of my previous surgeries. This week has been particularly bad for my back, so I am glad it's scheduled. It's my Christmas present to me. I am flying my mom in for the holidays, so my 2 little girls can have lots of grandma time while I lay around the house (it seems like having surgery is the only way I get to sleep later than everybody else!).
Unread 11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm Set for that day too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandocat
I know how you feel! My back has hurt so bad this last three week's! My Doc..did all the tests and all that medical stuff, like you large fibroids...I can't wait!! I hate feeling draggy all the time. My son is Autistic and I feel some day's i have to neglect him..because i hurt so much...He know's Mommy loves him!! Have a very good Hubby..to help, but he is not to good with house work!!!argggggggg........good cook though...hehe...like i need it!, but any way.. good luck !! and for both of us I HOPE NO MORE BACK PAIN LOL!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register