6-monther sisters!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6-monther sisters!! 6-monther sisters!!

Unread 11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
6-monther sisters!!

Hi
Well it has been 6 months today since my hyst. I can't believ it has been 6 months already !!! It is great not having abdominal pain anymore...but.....I still deal with insomnia, hot flashes and night sweats. I am on HRT 0.05mg of Estrderm. I also went out with my husband last week and we went to a arcade and we played Basket Ball. We I know that is one game my abdomen is NOT ready for !! I through about 4 long shots and my god I was hurting !!! My insicion area was killing me I couldn't finish the game.

I have been dealing with another problem. This HAS happened to me more than once, but this timed scared the you know what out of me..
I was at the computer and all of a sudden it felt like my hart was racing, my chest felt like it was pounding,I felt almost like I couldnt breath, but I was breathing, I got real dizzy and light headed to the point I was sure I was gonna faint. Then I got real hot !!!It lasted for a few minuets or so. I thought for sure I was having a hart attack !!! It scared me SO much !! Like I said this has happened a few times but this attack was SO severe !!!!
I called my GP the next day and talked to the nurse, and she said it sounded like I was getting a Anxiety Attack that could be caused by the Menopause. She told me to call my OB. I did and I have an appoinment on the 29th.

Has anyone else dealt with something like this??
This is freaking me out !! What can you do for something like this. Oh also, I have always dealt with ringing in my ears. that is something I have always had. But it seems since my hyst it happens alot more and the ringing is MUCH louder !! It is so weird !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 08:30 PM
6-monther sisters!!

I have well had panic and anxiety attacks and now Im on prozac, and I did the samething, I thought I was having a heart attack to, when you feel like you cant breath take a drink of water or something, that always helped me. And if you have to be on anti depressants Id try prozac, I have been on about 8 or 10 differant meds and prozac has been the best for me, and makes me feel more normal. Good luck.
Unread 11-09-2005, 08:47 PM
6-monther sisters!!

Certainly sounds like a panic attack to me or possibly low blood sugar.

I would certainly entertain the idea that it is also related to hormonal changes so I think you are wise to see your OB/GYN. an adjustment in your hormones may be all that you need.

Best wishes.

Sweet Pea
TAH w/BSO 9/19/05 for giant fibroid uterus weighing 1238 gms. endo, adeno and adhesions also found resulting in unplanned BSO. On Vivelle Dot 0.075.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 01:13 PM
6-monther sisters!!

Thanks Sisters
I will try taking a drink of water next time like you mentioned. I am also going to check with my doc about my HRT. Maybe I do need something stronger or maybe something like Prozac. I guess I will know on the 29th !!
Thanks
Much Love
Unread 11-10-2005, 04:08 PM
6-monther sisters!!

Hi,
Well I get kind of like that. My heart starts to pound, I feel funny like my blood sugar is dropping and feel really weird then boom I get my hot flash. I think this is kind of like an "aura" of when I get my hot flashes. This can happen once an hour sometimes or more. Only lasts less than 5 min or so. Could it be just your precurser to getting a hot flash? Just a thought. Some people experience more severe symptoms than others. Hope you feel better soon! Tiffany
Unread 11-11-2005, 02:20 PM
6-monther sisters!!

Hi Tif
maybe it does have to do with my hot flashes..who knows..I DO belive I need a stronger HRT. I know mine is not stong enough.
I have been having problems with these possible Anxiety Attacks today. I am dizzy and my hart has been racing and so on...but I am also quite stressed out or P.O at my monster in law right now. She doesnt help!! Thank god she lives in Florida !!!! I couldn't imagine going through menopause, Anxiety Attacks and her living in NY !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register