My wait just got longer... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My wait just got longer... My wait just got longer...

Unread 11-10-2005, 06:27 AM
My wait just got longer...

I got a call yesterday they said that my DR was not going to be in town on my surgery day. I have had my surgery set since Sept. Now I have to wait until Nov 30. MY DH will have to make different arrangements with his boss. I feel like I'm starting over. I had my surgery set on a Friday so the grandparents could keep the kids over the weekend. Now it will be on Wednesday and they work. My mother-in-law is not happy about this. My mother will help too but, she will be at the hospital until my surgery is over. I just cried all day yesterday. The thing that makes me mad is that I could of already had this done in Oct. I was tring to set it near the week of Thanksgiving because my hubby was off work that week anyway. We can't afford to take off much. Now he will only be there 5 days to help me. He works out of state. My parents live next door so they can help me some. I'm sorry for spilling all of this on everyone I just need to get it out. No one at home understands. I'm glad I can come here and just talk to someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 07:03 AM

((( Michele ))), I'm so sorry that you have the added stress of having to get all your plans reorganized. It could be that your dr had the need to be out of town come up unexpectedly and could not avoid it.

It's good, though, that your parents live so close by - that should be a big help to you. After the first few days at home after my tah/bso I didn't need constant help. I mainly needed someone to do the heavy stuff and run errands.

Best wishes, I'll be praying that nothing else comes along to siderail you.

S
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Really sorry

I really am sorry this happened to you. I know that the planning and coordinating of help is a huge issue -- I'm scheduled for surgery Dec. 5 and I know I would be in a world of hurt if it was changed. My kids are finishing up finals in college and coming from 2 different states, my mom has scheduled to be off work, my husband is taking off work, and everyone is pitching in to work in shifts!

I also know that the emotional part of the planning is a huge deal. You get yourself ready for something and then it doesn't happen, you're a wreck! Just know that I'm thinking about you and that I'm so sorry about the change. Hey, you'll be closer to my date though, and you can cheer ME up later! I'm thinking about you and sending good vibes your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 04:13 PM

Thank you,
It is so nice to know there are ladies who understand.
Unread 11-10-2005, 04:40 PM

I am so sorry to hear about all this. My family practitioner wanted me to change my surgery date and I told him NO WAY we had everything planned and it was going to happen when it was scheduled for!
It's a good thing you have family close by. Ours is all in state but spread out and nobody was around to help out. Heck half of them forgot I was having surgery!
If I could I would be there to help! I know it did alot of good for DH to be able to be home for 2 weeks with me. We are moving out that way in March. Heading to Jasper, Alabama!
Unread 11-10-2005, 05:35 PM

Queen of Disco- It only takes me 35 to 40 min to get to Jasper. It is a nice town. My hubby likes to go to the Home Depot Store there. We don't have one close to us. I like to go the the Thrift Store.

By the way my DR has to go out of town on the 18th is why they changed my date. It was out of his control. The nurse hated calling and telling me. I cried on the phone with her. It made her feel really bad. I told her I was sorry I just was so emotional. Later I got OK. I just was so upset. I will probally have a bad day on the 18th, but I'm trying to keep a postive out look.
Unread 11-10-2005, 05:57 PM

(((Michele))) It is NOT your fault that surgery has had to be rescheduled. You have enough to do with preparing for the castle and also, keeping a positive outlook is hard - Please know, that so many of us here care.

My surgery has been put back 6 months - I remember feeling devastated, and my children are grown. You will have your surgery when you are meant to have it and I will be thinking of you & hoping that your family understand. It is good, that your mum lives close by. Please, try to change the things you can - Do NOT worry about the things that cant be changed. (((HUGS))) and special thoughts donna42
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:29 PM

Miclu,

Bless your heart. First of all take a deep breath. It will be OK, how old are your kids? Think of your children's friends and call in a few favors with their parents. After school play dates maybe even a sleep over at the friend's house. You would be surprised the number of people who are willing to help, if just asked. Isn't there any way DH can take some time off, not using his vacation, but family leave. Most companies will honor this, especially since it wouldn't be for a long time. Just a couple of ideas. If it's your parents or DH's ask your husband to lay it on the line, he and you need them. You tried for Friday it didn't work. They need to be there for you. Bottom line. The time for you to be selfish is now. Ask DH to pour it on and get those relatives in there to help you out. Just a few thoughts.

Vicki in VA

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register