Diverticulosis and Adhesions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Diverticulosis and Adhesions Diverticulosis and Adhesions

Unread 11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Diverticulosis and Adhesions

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here in quite a while. I have had 3 abdominal surgeries, same incision site. C section 21 yrs ago, partial hyst 8 yrs, and ovaries removed,2yrs.I was diaganosed with diverticulosis and adhesions last year, and have been doing pretty good since, I was staying on the diet[most of the time] I had a polyp removed when I had my colonscopy. Recently though, I have started having problems again. It hurts to sit upright for more than 15 mins,and if I walk very far, my abdomen and back start hurting.I went to the ER a couple of weeks ago because the pain was so bad. They did erays, blood work, urinalisis, and put me on an IV with pain meds. Came back in and said they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I recently lost my insurance, due to state cuts, so I don't have a regular dr anymore. I just got my bill for that today:$728.00 to tell me nothing was wrong!!! OUCH!!! I don't know where to turn next. My dh has been doing most of the house work and cooking. Luckily it is just the two of us at home now.I also have a small knot at mt waist on the left side of my back, and when I sit for very long I have a burning sensation there. Has anyone ever had a feeling like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Diverticulosis and Adhesions

Hi Patticake!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having problems this far post op! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you...but all I can say is to keep pushing for the answers. I know it's scary when you are without insurance. Does you community have a medical center that is based on a sliding scale? Or do you have a charity hospital that offers services at a greatly discounted or at no charge? Do you qualify for Medicaid? Often times making a few phone calls to the financial counselors at your local medical facility can point you in the right direction, so you don't have to worry so much about the financial aspect of it - and can concentrate on getting yourself healed.

I wish you all the best. Please make those calls!

s
Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register