Complex fluid filled mass in adnexa | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complex fluid filled mass in adnexa Complex fluid filled mass in adnexa

Unread 11-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Complex fluid filled mass in adnexa

I had a TAH 16 months ago and have just found out I have a complex fluid filled mass in the adnexa. They are not sure what it is and I have had a CT scan today and find out the results Friday.

Has anyone else had this post op?

I know no one can say for sure what it is - only the Dr's but would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar thing. The person doing the ultra sound asked me 4 times if my ovaries had been removed, which to my knowledge they have. I was wondering if it could be scar tissue.

Thanks

Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2005, 06:30 PM

Hi Toni,

I had a LAVH 3 1/2 years ago - I kept both ovaries at that time. I had another surgery last summer to remove my right ovary and adhesions.

Nine months ago I had yet another surgery to remove a mass in the right pelvic area. The mass was wrapped around some nerves and also some scar tissue. This mass did not show up on ultrasound or CT scan - I had to have the laparoscopic surgery to determine what it was. It is possible to develop cysts and masses even if the ovaries are removed.

Unfortumately I began to have pain again last month ( in the same area) so I have an appointment tomorrow to see my doctor again - hopefully something else is not growing in there.

Let us know what your ultrasound reveals.

Unread 11-15-2005, 05:40 AM

Thanks for the information, as you will know it is a bit worrying. I hope you are OK.
I will let you know the results, I get them this Friday.

Thanks again
Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Sounds eeerily familiar

This will be long, so please bear with me:
I too had an ultrasound that showed "loculated fluid in the right adnexa with the bowel peristalsing around it." The technician kept going to the right side and I kept saying "that's exactly where the pain is!" Thinking we might be making some progress, I actually got my hopes up. She didn't even bother with a CT scan. She just said there was a miniscule amount of fluid and I asked if maybe that was causing the pain and she just shrugged. Not like she didn't know, but more like she really didn't even care. Just felt like she wanted me to go away and never come back. (Which is pretty much what I did.)
By *chance* my gp (actually her assistant) ordered a CT scan for me when I came in several months later with left flank pain thinking it was a kidney stone (I have a history of them) and when my urinalysis came back negative, she said it could be diverticulosis, so let's do a scan. And the nightmare begins...
3 days later my gp called me and told me to come to her office immediately. My right ureter appeared to be very swollen and there appeared to be a stricture right at the juncture of the ureter and the bladder. Long story even longer, the urologist she sent me to ordered a renogram and sure enough, the right kidney has long ago ceased to function. That's odd, I presented with back pain right after surgery and during recovery, kept persistently telling her (Gyn/surgeon) my right front side was hurting, they do an ultrasound that shows fluid on the right front side, and she orders no further tests, and my right kidney is dead. Hmmmm.....
The urologist even put it in writing that it was most likely caused as a result of my tah/bso. (You go girl!) So now we are set to yank it out on December 14.

Too many of us have been injured then ignored. I have been sitting here for the past two hours reading story after story of what seems to be blatant disregard for patients' feelings, rights, and above all else - safety. There is no excuse for any, or least as many, mishaps to go unnoticed. And no one wants to say the 's' word. My husband doesn't even want me to pursue it! When I get in my car, I know there's a chance that I may be involved in an accident. Hence the need for insurance. If I drive off like it never happened, I get arrested for leaving the scene! Same goes - ahem, should go - for doctors. When someone injures themselves and wins due to their own stupidity and we cannot get heard because the legal system is so afraid of the medical arena - I just don't get it.
Ok, I'm done ...sorry, just needed to vent and let you know you are not alone. I just hope you aren't in the same mess as me. But if so, I've got enough righteous indignation for all of us. I'm just flat out pee-o'd, sick of being sick, and tired of being angry.
Unread 11-25-2005, 07:46 AM

Diohall,

I'm so sorry for the added anguish over your medical condition and hope you find a surgeon to handle your needs that you trust and helps to provide you with a healthier tomorrow.

Regarding your other concerns, please note our website guidelines:

Legal Issues and Lawsuits: You agree to not discuss suing hospital personnel, medical professionals, medical facilities, employers, etc. You also agree not to use this website as a place to recruit others to help you in any legal action or data gathering for legal action.

There are multiple reasons for these guidelines but mainly it is to protect your interests as posting publicly can distort your case locally for you. Additionally, our website can not be placed in a position to be called to court to testify about your posts.

Thanks for understanding.
Unread 11-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Apoligies

((Kathy))
I apologize for any broken rules. Please edit my post as per the guidelines. I tried to, but it seems the option is not available. Please understand I am not trying to recruit anyone to do anything, and my understanding is that no names would be named, I misunderstood that I could not discuss anything about docs specific actions as long as no names were posted. I got caught up in my own misery in what I thought would be a supportive post for someone else. I would never use this website as a legal reference, since it is totally subjective on all parts and has no claims to medical advice. I realize it's just a forum to discuss and try to help others.
Again, I apologize. This website has kept me sane for the past several years. Please edit the wrongfully posted text, or just delete the whole thing if it would be better.
Take care-
Dionne
Unread 11-25-2005, 01:00 PM

Hi Dionne,

Your post is fine...but as it begins to move into the discussion of legal stuff, I just wanted to provide a bit of caution for your own sake (and for the liabilities of our website). Thanks for understanding and again ((( Dionne))) I hope you find a great surgeon who can make sure your future health is in better shape. I'm so sorry for your extra stress with the other.

I'm sending hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register