tah/bso - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-13-2001, 05:34 AM
tah/bso

hi christina,

this is the exact pain that i feel. it only hurts a little in the morning, but by the end of the day from doing normal daily activities, i definitly need the heating pad and a hot tub. i can't wait until i heal. thanks for the reply. it's nice to know that what i am feeling is ok. happy easter.

cookie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2001, 06:51 AM
I have this exact pain!

So what the heck is it, is what I would like to know!! It had me a little worried until I read your posts. Starts out little in the morning but gets worse with time and movement. I'm back taking pain pills. I'll see my doctor next week, but I know I'll get told it's just part of the healing process, too.
Unread 04-13-2001, 11:15 AM
pain on right side, granules???

hi,

i just got back from my 8 week doctor visit. when i asked about the pain (on right side), he said that the pain is coming from the spot where he pulled everthing together and stiched up. i was also having some pain from something called "granules". he put silver nitrate on the area and that is supposed to take care of the problem. has anyone else had this? what is it?

cookie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2001, 04:08 PM
Granules

Hi Cookie,

At my 7 week checkup my doctor said I had a polyp caused by scar tissue at the top of my vagina. I think this is the same as granules or granulation tissue. He used something to "burn it off" as he described it at the time. I later found out he used silver nitrate.

I spotted for a day or two, and then I had a small amount of a grayish-black discharge from the silver nitrate. This was perfectly normal, so don't get scared if this happens to you. Take care, and all the best to you.
Unread 04-15-2001, 04:59 AM
tah/bso

hi christina,

thanks for your reply. I was wondering if you noticed less pain after your doctor used the silver nitrate on the polyp. I felt alot better after my visit with sn.

cookie
Unread 04-15-2001, 05:18 AM
Cookie

Hi Cookie,

The doctor said that the pain in my right side was not caused by the polyp. I actually had more pain in my right side AFTER the polyp was removed. The pain seems to have lessened in the last few days. It hurts a little at night after being active during the day.

Has your pain gone away? I hope you are feeling better and better every day.

Have a Happy Easter !
Unread 04-15-2001, 05:41 AM
tah/bso

Hi Christina,

My pain has not completely gone away on my right side. But it certainly feels alot less since the doctor visit. I thought that my doctor would release me on friday. He said that if I am doing ok in four more weeks he would release me. He said that it takes 3 months at least to start feeling much better. I can't wait. Enjoy your day. It is very HOT here in New Orleans. 86 degrees predicted for today. Where's the pool???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register