Unable to work due to adhesion pain...(new to site!) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unable to work due to adhesion pain...(new to site!) Unable to work due to adhesion pain...(new to site!)

Unread 11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Unable to work due to adhesion pain...(new to site!)

i have had trigger point injections that helped some and i went thru interal pt. which i hated it but i would do anything to help get better. good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2005, 04:05 PM

Could you explain, "interal pt" , trigger point injections, myofascial release , and how acupuncture helps for adhesions. I would like to know what these treatments are incase these awful adhesions rear their ugly heads again in the future. Thanks, for those of you who can respond!
Cathy
Unread 11-16-2005, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlassGal
Could you explain, "interal pt" , trigger point injections, myofascial release , and how acupuncture helps for adhesions. I would like to know what these treatments are incase these awful adhesions rear their ugly heads again in the future. Thanks, for those of you who can respond!
Cathy
hey cathy, i cant tell you about all you asked but i will tell you what i know from experience... internal pt(physical thereopy) i had to work with a phys. theropist one on one and i would do certain excersises to help release the muscles and scar tissue, she massaged certain areas and would give me things to do at home. i also had electo stimulation on areas to try to release muscles, i had to quit pt bcuz there was more than just that going on and i had to have another surgery. with the trigger point injections it is kinda like acupuncture(sp?) except she injected a local anastestia(sp??)it helped me at times i could only take so much at a visit, not very comfortable. but it helped me with my arms going numb and it sometimes i would have to get more in a certain area more often and sometimes i would never have to get it in that same area again. i am due for trigger points now. and i am not sure this is for adhesions but the internal pt helps or thats what the dr.and pt told me. also ask about the barriers. i also wanted to tell you what my new dr. told me about there are two nerves (dont know what he called them)that are near the bowels, underneath where the uterus use to be that can cause pain in the low back, down legs, ect. and he said that it is not 100% proof but it doesnt damage anything if you have it done and he said he would go in and burn them or something to that effect and that it may really help, it has helped others with pain like i am having. i will find out exactly what these nerves are called and let you know , it may help to have it done when you hv your next surgery. hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2005, 07:52 PM

Cathy, the acupuncture can help to relieve pain. Myofascial release is a technique used by certified massage therapists to manipulate the fascia in order to release the adhesions. I have only had it once and the acupuncture a couple of times. I can't really say that so far it has helped although the acupuncture was very relaxing for me and did help to relieve some stress from the pain. When I had the nyofascial release I was very nauseated and sore after so I have not tried it again although I will. My strategy now, after having 2 surgeries to lyse the adhesions is to try to do all the alternative things I know to do to at least relieve the pain..the surgeries only make it worse and it is just too hard to go through it all. For me I have not taken injections or anything yet..not to say I never will, but for now the pain is manageable and I have a pretty high tolerance for the most part.
Sherry
Unread 11-16-2005, 07:58 PM

Erin, I am having alot of groin pain and pain down the inside of the left thigh. Very uncomfortable. It was interesting to read what you said about those nerves where the uterus used to be. This pain has been bothering me more since I had my prolapse surgery in January and I am wondering if it has something to do with my bladder sling and adhesions? I am scheduled to have the bladder sling cut on Nov 29.
Sherry
Unread 11-17-2005, 04:45 AM

I also have adhesions, and was wondering if people with
with allergies are more prone to adhesions, because it
seems people with allergies react to anything more, so
I was wondering if adhesions work the same way with
any trama, and overdo in the healing. I have heard
that they have talked about giving patients something
before surgery to help with this. I do have allergies
really bad.
Unread 11-17-2005, 07:25 AM

Kelly!

I'm very sorry to hear that you are dealing with such a debilitating monster. I know it's scary to think that it is a never ending cycle to "treat" them. I've been fighting adhesions for the last 4 years or so. I recently had another surgery for the lysis of adhesions. It was #8. In the meantime I'm seeing a Pain Mgmt doc to help with the discomfort on a daily basis. As of yet, I'm still working. I hope to never be in the position where I can't work. And I'm sorry you find yourself there.

There are several women here that have tried the Barriers for the adhesions. It is my understanding that some have had success - but not all. My doctor has not used them because she doesn't think they work. There are also some women who have used the medication "Celebrex" prior to (and after, I believe) surgery. I don't know if you have this med in the UK - but for those that do take it, it is supposed to prevent the adhesions from growing.

Usually after my procedures I feel ok for a while. But it seems like they are growing back faster each time. I was told two surgeries ago that I was not to have surgery again unless it was an emergency - or unless my bowell and/or bladder were in trouble. They were. So now I'm back on the NO SURGERY list.

I'm supposed to go for injections to help with the discomfort. Hopefully I will be having them next week. I was originally scheduled to have them a month ago - but chickened out. Now I'm regretting that.

I sure hope that you get the relief you need! I hope you are able to find support and information here at HS. And I hope you will keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Cortney
Unread 11-17-2005, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMissy
Hey Kelly.
I also have chronic problems with adhesions. Like you said, the more times I have surgery to remove them, the more they come back. I'm having problems again, which is what brought me back to this wonderful place. There's a lot more to this story than I have time to write about at the moment, but I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, and there was so much scar tissue that she could not even get to my ovaries during the exam. The adhesions are shoving things around inside my body and causing a good deal of pain. Luckily, I'm not to the point where I can't work yet, but I swear I don't ever want another laparoscopy again as long as I live. I hate to cut this short but I gotta run into a meeting so I'll check back when I'm done. Anyway, I feel for you and hope we can chat soon.

Missy
Hey Missy...
Thanks for your response!
Yes! I would really like to correspond with you a bit further...
This site has opened up a 'whole new world' to me...I just cannot believe so many women are suffering with this!
It's crazy!
Yeah, let me know when you have a bit more time...
Kelly
Unread 11-17-2005, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmharmon
Kelly!

I'm very sorry to hear that you are dealing with such a debilitating monster. I know it's scary to think that it is a never ending cycle to "treat" them. I've been fighting adhesions for the last 4 years or so. I recently had another surgery for the lysis of adhesions. It was #8. In the meantime I'm seeing a Pain Mgmt doc to help with the discomfort on a daily basis. As of yet, I'm still working. I hope to never be in the position where I can't work. And I'm sorry you find yourself there.

There are several women here that have tried the Barriers for the adhesions. It is my understanding that some have had success - but not all. My doctor has not used them because she doesn't think they work. There are also some women who have used the medication "Celebrex" prior to (and after, I believe) surgery. I don't know if you have this med in the UK - but for those that do take it, it is supposed to prevent the adhesions from growing.

Usually after my procedures I feel ok for a while. But it seems like they are growing back faster each time. I was told two surgeries ago that I was not to have surgery again unless it was an emergency - or unless my bowell and/or bladder were in trouble. They were. So now I'm back on the NO SURGERY list.

I'm supposed to go for injections to help with the discomfort. Hopefully I will be having them next week. I was originally scheduled to have them a month ago - but chickened out. Now I'm regretting that.

I sure hope that you get the relief you need! I hope you are able to find support and information here at HS. And I hope you will keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Cortney
Hi Courtney...
Thanks ever so much for your reply...
I tell you, I am just flabbergasted as how unbelievable this whole adhesion situation is...
How in the world do you continue to deal with it?
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe in the power of prayer, and that nothing is 'over until it's over', if you know what I mean...
Trust me, it is a whole differnet scenario, here in the UK.

The pain medication situation is downright paltry!
The choices here are slim pickings...
I would have to be on just 1 med in the states, but because there are hardly any to choose from, I'm actually on 2 different types.
Oh well...
Day by day, right?
Cheers,
Kelly
Unread 11-17-2005, 07:45 AM

Kelly,
You're right - I was stunned when I came here and saw how many people were living with MY monsters! I had felt so alone for so long - I truly believed that I was the only one. And then I stumbled upon this site and it opened my eyes up to a whole world of women that are dealing with my situation - and worse! - every day. My life changed the day I found HS. What ((Kathy)) and the whole site is doing for women like us is incredible.

I only hope that by sharing my experiences with other women it can help them to not feel like I did for so long. Alone.

I wish you the best. And hope you are off the Road before too long!
s
Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register