I'm really tired of having surgeries, 3rd one in 2 years | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm really tired of having surgeries, 3rd one in 2 years I'm really tired of having surgeries, 3rd one in 2 years

Unread 11-17-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm really tired of having surgeries, 3rd one in 2 years

Hello ladies, I just want to vent a little. I had hysterectomy in 2003 everything was taken except for my left ovary. Then in May of 2005 had surgery same incision was used to remove a large hernia and my bowels and my intestines were wrapped around my left ovary, went to the doctors on Friday because I still have a 5 inch hole in my incision which has not healed correctly so, I'm still draining so every morning and evening I had to change my dressing, which is really getting on my nervous. So you know what that means surgery AGAIN same incision AGAIN I told him while your in there remove some of that FAT maybe it'll heal right because I'm tired of begin cut on. I'm going to tell him I want to wait until after the Holiday's this will be my 4 month old grandbaby's first Christmas and I don't want to be laid up, I'm just really getting back to work from the surgery in May, and who know what my insurance will say about another surgery so soon. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2005, 11:09 AM

I understand how you feel. In March 2001, I had laproscopy sugery to clean around my tubes, uterus, and ovaries due to a ruptured cyst that my body didn't respond to has it should have. After that, several more rupturing cyst(pain is very comparable to child birth). In December 2001, I had right ovary removed. Things were going good. Then, in 2003 started having painful and horrible periods. I finally gave in and had a hysterectomy in July 2004. I kept my left ovary and things have been going very well until September. ANOTHER cyst, this time it had solid stuff in it and it won't go away on its own SO another surgery to remove the cyst in October. Went for two week post op the other day and doctor said if I have one more cyst that I will lose the ovary. It can't take anymore damage. So, I truly understand and feel your pain about the surgeries. Although I have not ever been cut, my belly button has been through the ringer four times. Hope you get to feeling better. Hope it helps to know you aren't alone on the surgery page. Been there four times since 2001.
Unread 11-17-2005, 01:53 PM

i know how you feel i had my hysterctomy in 2003 another surgery in 2004 and a repair done in 2005.. i know how depressing it can but i'll tell you it's been almost 4 months since the repair of my cyctocele and rectocele and i feel pretty good!! i think i'm sone!! hang in there it will get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2005, 02:06 PM

sbtaylor
I'm sorry you're going to have another surgery. I can relate, I've lost count on the number I've had since my hyst. 2004 was the first year that I didn't have some sort of surgery. I didn't quite make it this year. I hope this one will fix you up and you won't need any further surgical intervention.
Unread 11-17-2005, 06:09 PM

I know how you feel. I hate the idea you need another surgery, but if that is what it takes to get yourself feeling good, then so be it. I don't blame you for waiting until after the holidays.
I had my emergency TAH in May 2004, then GB out Sept. 2004, Jan.2005 rectocele/enterocele repair and Sept 2005 cystocele and tvt and diagnostic lapro done. I just had a 2 level lumbar fusion 3 weeks ago. I wanted to be off this Christmas(have worked the last 4), but not be off by being on disability.I am having a cervical mri and may possibly need neck surgery(have ddd), then I need carpel tunnel release surgery in both hands. I am tired of it all too, but I am looking forward to a healthy new life.
Good luck on your upcoming surgery. One day these surgeries will be behind all of us!
Peggy
Unread 11-26-2005, 03:20 PM
radical

Dear Sbtaylor,
First of all, I would like to send you big 'S...
I can relate to you...
I'm so sorry that you have to have another surgery so close together...
Between the ages of 17-22 years, I lost count of how many abdo surgeries I had after a while! But I know it was at least 20 operations!
My heart goes out to you...it is sooo hard on the body...not to mention the mind!!!
I am now nearly 37, and still have endo, massive amounts of adhesions (that keep wrapping themselves around my bowel, and causing bowel obstructions!)
I had TAH/BSO AT THE AGE OF 22....AND AM STILL TRYING TO FIND MY WAY OUT OF THE "HORMONAL JUNGLE!"
I live in chronic pain every day of my life...been told I will NEVER work again...On strong pain meds every day just to get my head off the pillow! it seems never-ending!
I just wanted to send you all the love and healing that you (and all of us) deserve.
I feel for you...I really do.
I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THIS IS THE LAST OF IT FOR YOU, I REALLY DO.
SENDING YOU LOTS OF
Love,
Radical. xxx
Unread 11-26-2005, 05:55 PM

Radical: You are a very special person. To be in chronic pain everyday, but still feel for others is amazing. Truly God must be with you.

I feel minor compared to some of the other ladies here. I had a TAH in 1999. Then in 2000 I had surgery for enterocele and rectocele. This year I had surgery again for prolapse problems and still am not totally well. I may never be totally pain free again, but doctors can't seem to find what is causing me to feel the way I do. I am now trying bio-identical hormones in hopes my vagina will feel like it should without pain and irritation.
Unread 11-27-2005, 02:38 PM

Hello there sb! I can so relate to you! I have a 5 month old grandbaby who I can't play with and carry around the way I want to. I had a TAH/LSO in '02 and the a RSO/adhesion lysis in '04. Due to those, as well as other abdominal surgeries, car accidents and other incidences in my life I am suffering from SI joint dysfunction, CMP, DDD, more adhesions that the GYN doesn't want to operate on, etc. I am in PM and am beginning to get some relief with an anti-depressant called Cymbalta, but am doubtful that I will ever be able to carry DGD around without pain.

I hope it is advisable for you to put off this next surgery if it allows you to enjoy your Holidays more. And hopefully, this will be THE surgery that sends you on the road to much better health!! PM me anytime you'd like to talk!
Unread 11-27-2005, 03:19 PM

I can also relate..I have had 4 surgeries since my hyst in 2001 and will be having my 5th this Tues. After my last one I said no more so what am I thinking? Thing is if I don't have it done I will continue to retain urine. Should be a simple surgery, but I am very nervous about it...just hoping nothing else goes wrong and this will be it!
Sherry
Unread 11-27-2005, 03:26 PM

SB, I can also relate. I am in the process of having surgeries number 9 and 10 in the past two years. I am hoping that this is it for me. I to am in pain all the time and after finding out that I have 3 pretty significant hernias this is hopefully the answer to the pain issues. I am also going to have the final surgery for my breast reconstruction. I will finally have nipples. The latter is planned for this coming thursday and the hernia repairs will done on the 15th. I am sending you tons of s. They do help. Goodluck and hopefully this is the last for you. You will see that this road is really long for some of us. Hopefully your road is a lot shorter. Take care and think positive that this is it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register