Wore Myself Out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wore Myself Out! Wore Myself Out!

Unread 11-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Wore Myself Out!

Hi Girls, I now see why they say don't go shopping! When I went to the doctor at 10 days I asked him if I could drive and he said " yes, as long as your not driving yourself to go shopping!" Unfortunatly I did not listen! I needed a few things for Thanksgiving, so I thought how hard could it be. With a 6 month old.... very hard! I got to Walmart and there were a ton of people, like me, doing last minute shopping! So mind you, I had to park way out in eygypt. When I went to get my daughter out of the carseat she had pooped everywhere! I had to lay her in the seat and bend way over to try and clean her up, as she is wiggling all over the place. Then I had to pull the stroller out ( it's pretty light ) and put her in it. By this time I had already broken a sweat! LOL By the time I got into the store I was seriously sweating, hurting, tired, and extremly light headed. Yet stubborn me, I told myself it was all in my head. So I pushed through the pain and finished my shopping. Then when I was in line I bent down to the bottom of the stroller and when I stood up my left side just started burning really badly. When I got out to the car I had to lean my seat back and sit there for like 10 min because it hurt so bad! I called my doctor and I got in trouble for shopping! They said to lay down and not lift anything! Now I see why you don't go shopping! It didn't make since before. It completly wears you out! I could have seriously hurt myself. So if you haven't done this, ... DON"T!!!! It was completly stupid on my part! Just thought I would share a dumb moment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Wore Myself Out!

Don't feel too dumb. THere's a huge thread about women who have done the same thing. I think We all overdo it at some point. I've been to wally world twice now since surgery, but both times have been short trips, and I've sat in the wheelchair while DH pushed me around. My entire job is to whine about how I want the yummy looking item just above eye level and how he needs to put it in the cart for me. It still wears me out but I cut the trips short prior to them getting painful. It's been nice to have a hubby who is understanding, and will take me to do little things but Understands that I can only do so much at a time. I'll prolly get yelled at by my doctor, but he already knows that I'm such an ants in the pants kind of person that I can't sit still for long without major sedatives.

I took so many walks in the hospital post surgery that the nurses threatened to tie me down.

Whenever it gets hard to not do things on your own, pretend you are Cleopatra and issue a written edict (detailed shopping list) for one of your minions do your holiday shopping for you. If you're feeling particularly saucy, threaten floggings with limp pasta for disobedience to your commands.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 11-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Wore Myself Out!

Hi Smitandrea,

I have been thinking about you ever since I read your first thread. You have been in my prayers . I feel so bad that you had to have this surgery at such a young age.

My computer blew up on 11/9 and I wasn't able to sign onto this website for several days. I really missed it. I love this website. I spend hours reading threads.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing ok and have some support from your family.

I know what you mean about shopping. I had to go to Home Depot to buy supplies for a new bathroom. I couldn't believe how tired I got. The seal on my toilet started leaking and I couldn't use it for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, my Mom lives upstairs from me and I was able to use her bathroom! Wasn't too crazy about climbing the stairs several times a day though. My boyfriend was in Montana hunting, so he couldn't help me out!

I had my first post op appt since 10/17/05. Healing up very nicely. Final pathology report was a surprise though. I had a polyp on my uterus that turned out to be cancer. It was non invasive, so I am ok. It is very scary though. I had to have the hysterectomy because of pre-cancer cells. I was not sure I was doing the right thing, but it turns out that I did.

Keep your chin up, and no more shopping until the doctor says so!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register