So fed up :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-23-2005, 11:10 AM
So fed up :(

Hello dear sisters
I am here sat on my pity potty. :cry: I am 8 weeks post anterior and posterior repairs with tvt. I thought that I was making really good progress. This morning I woke up with a " soreness" across pelvic area. As the day progressed it started to feel like a bruise. This afternoon I could hardly walk! It feels as if it is around the area of the little screw (which I can feel through my skin) but it hurts in the groin area, hence when I walk. I was attending the doctors office to pick up my sicknote so I asked if I could see a doctor. They "fitted" me in. You know, he didn't even look, he had a script for amoxicillan in my hand with the words "just in case" before I could finish my sentence!
It has just got worse, it really hurts to walk.
Any ideas anyone? Is it safe to take the anti biotics without being tested?
I am voiding ok, but still don't ever feel the "need to go" - I just sort of feel full and then go empty!
Yesterday, I did do a lot of vacuuming but it was with a "cylinder" type vac. I don't think it's from "overdoing" but I am resting anyway.
Thanks in advance

Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2005, 04:07 PM

(((Sue)))
I am sorry that you're not feeling well. While I haven't had the type of repairs you have had, I do know that full recovery from any surgery can take quite some time. I had foot surgery 4 weeks ago, and for the last week my foot has been absolutely throbbing and has alot of swelling. While this is a different type of surgery, it still takes time for the body to heal.

If you're ever in doubt that something isn't right, please do call the doctor. I think it's always best to err on the side of caution.

Unread 11-23-2005, 04:32 PM

Hi ((((((((Kim))))))))
Thanks for your reply.
I have had a fabulous week or so, feeling quite normal, and I guess it's because of that I feel so down about it. Don't you just get sick of being sick.

Kim, I was actually sat right in front of the doctor this afternoon, thrusting my aching pelvis at him! He hummed and hahd and whilst typing in to his computer and before I knew it a script for anti biotics popped out of his printer!
I got up to leave and was obviously in agony when I tried to walk, and so I said "I am really worried about this pain" and without looking away from the computer screen, he said "you'll be fine!"

I understand what you are saying about the recovery, thanks, I am so worried about this tvt tape going wrong!

big s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2005, 07:39 AM

Sue:

I am so sorry you were treated with less than care and compassion. If I could ship you a replicate of my lovely doc, I would!

If all docs knew taking that extra minute to look your patient in the eye and truly listening meant in terms of our well being, it would be a much happier world for us all.

So, if you are still concerned, give the office a call and let them know.

Unread 11-25-2005, 12:19 PM

Thank you (((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))
Yes - life would certainly be a lot less tough with decent doctors. I realise they have a hard job and all that but, you are right, a little big of compasssion wouldn't go a miss. I certainly didn't feel like he cared.
I am taking the anti biotics but I still have this new pain. It seems to go right underneath and in to my right groin. Don't suppose you have heard anything like this before??
Thanks for your support Michelle, it really means a lot to me. I hope your recovery is going to plan s
Sue
x
ps I've just been to loo and urine was very dark, almost black. Do you think it's the anti biotics? I have had these loads of times and not seen my urine like this before though
Unread 11-25-2005, 12:45 PM

Hmmm, I don't know of that antibiotic causing urine discoloration to that extent. Doesn't mean its not. If you can't reach your doc about this, can you reach your a pharmacist (druggist)?

Call and keep us posted! WE do care!!!

And yes, thankfully, my recovery is going great.
Unread 11-25-2005, 07:36 PM

i'm so sorry i didnt realise you were still banged up forget all my suggestions via pm love suexx
Unread 11-26-2005, 11:58 AM

Thanks ((((((((Michelle)))))))))
There hasn't been anymore urine like that, very strange.

((((Sue)))))))))) I have replied your email

Thanks sisters

Sue
x
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:37 PM

(((Sue)))
Yes, of course I get sick of the pain and problems! It is a neverending battle. Sigh. For example, I am a bit down today as we're going to a get together this evening and dh and MIL are fretting all over me trying to figure out what I am going to eat. While I appreciate the fact that they care, I don't like the fuss being made. They even told the person giving the party about all my food allergies. I will make do, but please don't put my problems in lights so that I have to explain to strangers. I don't want pity and all eyes to be on me when I meet these strangers.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go on about my problems, I'm just very frustrated today and am so close to just having a good cry.

I do know what you mean about the doctors. A few years ago I found a gem, his kind and caring manners made all the difference in the world to me. He struggled to find answers for me, but I was NEVER dismissed and he always went above and beyond. It really does help when you have a doctor who is listening to your concerns and really does care.
Unread 11-26-2005, 02:00 PM

((((((((Kim))))))
Good on you for still going to parties! I avoid social gatherings, for the same reasons, but you are a determined woman Kim, and not to mention the bad foot!
I can relate to the radar problem, you don't want people to know all your probs. We try so hard to "appear" normal, don't we!
I hope you have a really enjoyable evening, sometimes when we are dreading it we can surpise ourselves by actually having a fab time. I hope so.
Thanks for your support
s and
Sue
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register