I'm new to all this and kinda scared.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm new to all this and kinda scared.... I'm new to all this and kinda scared....

Unread 04-09-2001, 06:34 PM
I'm new to all this and kinda scared....

Hi. I'm tentatively scheduled for mid-May. My doctor has had me on Lupron therapy for two months now. I get my last injection the first on mext month. It has helped a lot with my pain, so she says it looks like a *go* for the operation.
I'm all confused with the abreviations that are used here. My doctor and I haven't talked about any *methods* yet.
My family has a long history of *female* cancers. My mom died in 85 from breast cancer. She was 55.
I'm 39 and facing a hysteresctomy now and I'm feeling a little....well, I don't know.
I've read so much GREAT stuff here already. Sounds like a good place to hang out once in a while.
Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2001, 07:09 PM

Hi, BunnyLady,
I'm fairly new to this site myself, but it is a great place to come for info from those who know!
Did you see the "frequently used abbreviations" on the opening screen? Those are really helpful.
My surgery is scheduled for May 7 (hopefully vaginal).
I know you'll continue to enjoy coming to this site for information.
Dianne
Unread 04-09-2001, 07:36 PM

hi, to you new guy's, this time last week i was counting down the hours to the castle. one week later ,i am home feeling go and really glad i found my hystersisters. you are in the best place for support and information to get you through your journies regard valerie b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2001, 07:45 PM
New here also

I am new to the site also but have found more information here than I got from my doctor! I think every doctor should recommend this site for all their patients who are heading for a hysterectomy.

I dont know what I would have done this last week without all the great support I have found here! It has made me realize that I am not alone in this and the post op stories have lessened the fear of what to expect!

I have 3 days to go before I head to the castle myself and getting nervous of course but I at least feel a little more prepared than I did a week ago when I found out I had to have my TAH/BSO.
Unread 04-09-2001, 08:15 PM

Hi Bunny! I'm new here too and absolutely love this site. My first post was about being scared and I was overwhelmed by the response I got. I'm having a (hopefully) laproscopic hyst April 18. I keep thinking, "That's just a week from Wednesday!!"
Stick close to this site and you'll see the support you need. I'm starting to kinda look at the post op stuff now so I'll know what to expect when I come home. Keep us informed about what your doc decides and remember there is always someone here!!!
Marlene
Unread 04-09-2001, 10:39 PM

Dear Bunny Lady,

I too lived on this website and learned SO much. You will find lots of support and kindness here!

Post and do searches for questions that you might have.

My best to you,
Lola
Unread 04-10-2001, 07:57 AM

Welcome!

You are in the right place for support, info and HUGS!

Keep reading and posting and you will feel right at home in no time. Take some time to look at the drop down menus and read all the helpful stories and lists, too....you will learn alot! I know that this place is a real lifeline for me...and there's always someone here to talk to!

When you and your doctor sit down to discuss everything, you will have a long list of questions to ask, and you'll be well prepared for what's ahead.

Lots of luck and love to you!

Karen
Unread 04-10-2001, 02:03 PM

I am very new! I am scheduled for this Friday, the 13th. What advice can you give me.
Unread 04-10-2001, 02:26 PM

I have been around here for a month or so and I have found out lots of info here much better than at the doctors office.

I know what you mean about the abbreviations they can be confusing at first. There is a drop down menu at the top of each page there you will find place to go to get meanings to the abbreviations and much more information as well. Also, going to the castle
here means going to the hospital. Getting your crown or becoming a princess is having your hysterectomy.

One of the best ways to learn here is to go to the live chat which is also found on the drop down menu. You must have AOL instant messenger to use it but they
have a link to down load it for free. There are many
pre- op and post op ladies who can tell you many things you may want to ask about. Hope to see you there.

Best Wishes,

Shelle1962
Unread 04-10-2001, 09:41 PM

Wow...lots of new ladies on this post. Welcome ALL of you!!!

Read, ask questions and enjoy the company.

We'll be with you every step of the way.

PS...Catty Patty...you're surgery date is very near. Obviously you're not superstitious Make sure you've got stuff packed that you'll need at the hospital...comfy clothes to come home in...CHAPSTICK..slip on slippers and robe, socks, pads, toiletries...etc. Stock up on some fast microwave and/or freezer foods. Discuss take home pain meds with gyn. prior to surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register