Help...Vaginal Cuff | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help...Vaginal Cuff Help...Vaginal Cuff

Unread 04-09-2001, 07:35 PM
Help...Vaginal Cuff

On the 15 of this month I will be 5 months post op. I went to the Doctor today just for a check up...Was suposta go in March but, doc was sick one day then the next week both of my kids were sick...so, I had to put the visit off till today...

Well, he had to go back in with the silver nitraite this is the second time...First time was in Dec. Has any one else had such trouble and can you tell me a little more about you dealing with it?

Thanks,
steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2001, 12:07 PM
Help...Vaginal Cuff

Hi Steph,

I just got done with all of this. At my 6 week post-op the dr. did the pelvic. He said that there were 2 stitches in the vaginal cuff that had not yet dissoved.

I specifically asked him why would this be. He said the vaginal cuff is always the very LAST to heal. In the medical world they have tried sutures of various kinds hoping that one material or another would allow them to find a suture that would dissove on it's own. They have not found any. So, he had to put the silver nitrate on to get them to dissolve and then he wanted to see me again in 1 week.

Went back the following week and he told me that the stitches were gone but that their was granular tissue that had formed where the stitches had been. So.....more silver nitrate and come back in 1 week.
Went the following week and had my 3rd and final round of silver nitrate. He said that was all I needed. I always had to wear a pad during all of this because there is a discharge as I'm sure you know and I saw evidence of tissue in the discharge and he told me this would all happen and to not be alarmed.

He says this is very common simply because the vaginal cuff is the last to heal. I had no pain nor did I have any heavy bleeding or discharge. I was only to contact my dr. between those weekly appts. if I ever had heavy bleeding or heavy discharge. Relax, this will be over for you soon. No more pads once you are finished with the last treatment of silver nitrate.
Unread 04-10-2001, 12:43 PM
Help...Vaginal Cuff

HI,

There have been quite a few posts regarding this on The Road. Here are a few links:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ht=granulation

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2001, 04:54 PM
Help...Vaginal Cuff

Hi thee,

I will be 7 months post op on April 12th. I have had discharge since my surgery and have had cauterization twice. The last time was almost three weeks ago, and the discharge has lessened, but is still there. I was supposed to have another appointment today, but my doctor got called out for a delivery, so I'm scheduled to go back in Thursday, and hopefully have my last cauterization.

j
Unread 04-11-2001, 12:16 PM
Vaginal cuff

I also had to have silver nitrate used on the L-side of the vaginal cuff. I have had pain on my L-side ever since, which is 8 yrs ago. I didnt connect the procedure to the pain. Are you having pain??
Unread 04-11-2001, 06:15 PM
Help...Vaginal Cuff

caryl...

Thank you for asking the question I felt too dumb to ask. Has it caused you pain? On Monday I was just going in for a check up. Since I had endo my doctor want to see me every 6 months till he feels that I am out of the woods of possible residual growth. So, I did not even know that I had granulation tissue still their. I was feeling better then I had in year. Going to the gym and working out around three times a week or more and just going. Today and yesterday I have regreted going to the doctor I have had cramps sooo bad expecialy on my left side. The pain is not a bad pain as a matter of fact I would rate it as a 3 on a scale of 1-10 but, it is a nagging constant pain that does not go away.

Anyone else have any Idea how long this cramping is going to last?

Sad and in the dumps today... but, my low HRT is not helping the mood either! I need more estrogen but he wants to keep it low do to the endo

Thanks
Steph

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register