Waiting, waiting and waiting . . . and smiling too | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting, waiting and waiting . . . and smiling too Waiting, waiting and waiting . . . and smiling too

Unread 11-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Waiting, waiting and waiting . . . and smiling too

On October 28, I learned that I'd have the surgery, and about a week later, that it would be TAH BSO. Two weeks from tonight is HysterEve for me. Seems like it has been months since my doctor said "hysterectomy" to me for the first time. I found this site. I went through stages. Curiosity and interest. Uncertainty. Out and out fear. A bit of anger. Some emotional upheaval (seems I cried at the drop of a hat). Now I'm just counting the days. I want to get this thing done. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but I'm almost excited. The fear's gone. I feel that I pretty much know what's going to go down. And, for the most part, I have all of you to thank. For every fear, y'all have had some words of support or encouragement. So I'm not alone. My DH has been really supportive. My co-workers are terrified of what they're going to do w/o me for all that time (gives me an ego boost there ). My son (who's just 13) is demonstrating a level of maturity not seen before; he'll be out of school for the holidays starting the week after my surgery, and he plans to help in my recuperative care. I have so much to be thankful for.

If I could wrap a huge around all of you, I'd do it right now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you all!!!

And here I still have two weeks to go!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2005, 08:01 PM

LadyBama,
You wrapped up what each of us is feeling and put it into words. Thank You! It says exactly what I have felt and continue to feel. On those occasional good days I wonder what I'm thinking and then my streak of bad days(like today) feeling crappy, sick and being in pain, remind me of what is to come. This site and the "friends" I share info with online, helps tremendously. Good luck in surgery and during the rest of your waiting period. right back at you.
Unread 11-28-2005, 12:31 AM

LadyBama,
Glad to hear that you are still smiling while waiting for your surgery and I pray that your health will improve greatly after the surgery. For me the waiting was the worst part. I couldn't wait to have my surgery and do you know it was the best decision I ever made. I am 8 wks post op and have had a wonderful recovery, I wish you the same.
Lilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2005, 01:01 AM

I am glad to hear you have been through the 'emotions' ! I found that still a week out, I was surprised to have a down day. It seemed as though it was then then waiting that got to me!! lol
Keep positive and I pray your day comes quickly!!!
Hugs back at ya!!
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM

Oh ladybama.....that's just like me. I've been waiting since August for this. Pathetic, I know. We're on the same day too. My recovery is like yours....1 week of quiet, then the kids are home for 2. I hope I survive it! Good luck!
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:45 PM

My surgery date is not until January. Trying not to be too self absorbed, but find myself lapsing into my own world. The holidays are keeping me busy, but stressing me out. I'm new to the site, but have gained a wealth of insight from you all. Thanks in advance for all of your words of wisdom!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register