I'm nervous help!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm nervous help!! I'm nervous help!!

Unread 12-05-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm nervous help!!

luvlabs, I will be thinking of you on Friday. It's good to know that I'm not having this surgery done on the same day alone. I will make sure I ask for something for my nervous for sure. Thank you 24hester for keeping me in your prayers. It's really nice having this site to lean on. I order the Hystersister guide book this past week, so I'm looking forward to reading it when I get it hopefully before Friday. You all are the best!!!! Thank God for this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm nervous help!!

I have to be at the castle at 5 AM tomorrow. I deep cleaned the kitchen. I organized 4 cup boards (the Good Will got a lot of items). I got down on my hands and knees last night and scrubbed the floor. I deep cleaned the bathroom. I did as much wash as I could so DH didn't have too much to do this week. I cleaned 4 litter boxes. I vaccumed the front room carpets and the couch several times - I promise I won't do it after tomorrow. I got the bills ready to go into the mail on Friday after DH puts his check in the bank. (It seemed a whole lot wiser to do it before I started pain management). I went to the store and purchased ingrediants for Chili (it's 4 degrees here so DH will appreciate it). Bag is all packed for the castle.

Yep, I'm ready.
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Sounds like all you ladies are ready to go! Good for you!!
Moi--a non-cleaning person--went on a rampage before the surgery. Don't know why I thought I had to get EVERYTHING done, but I did!! LOL
Re: Anesthesia--I too had concerns about that. Speaking from the "other side," it was a piece of cake. Here's my morning of surgery story:
Arrived at hospital. Went through registration process. Moved to pre-op area. Changed into one of those stunning backless gowns--but also received a gown to put over it to use as a "robe"--so no mooning everyone.
Placed on a bed where I received my lovely blue surgical hat and given a shot to "take the edge off."
Wheeled into "holding" area. My surgeon came and talked to me as did the anesthesiologist who assured me they would give me something for nausea right in the IV in the operating room.
Anesthesiologist wheeled me into the OR, met the OB/GYN resident who would be assisting my doctor, anesthesiologist put my IV in my hand . . . and that's the last I remember until I was talking to a nurse in the recovery room!
I will admit I did have pain upon waking in the recovery room but the nurse was right there with me and asked me if I needed pain meds which she administered immediately. I dozed back off. They hooked up my pain pump and put the button in my hand.
Slept most of the day of surgery. Couldn't find me a room!! (Did they lose my reservation?? LOL) Didn't leave the recovery room until 7-1/2 hours after my surgery, but I was doing fine.
Surgery lasted 1-1/2 hours.
Stood up by bed night of surgery and was walking around the floor all day the following day.

Sorry for the long note but hope it helps to know what's coming next.

Best wishes to ALL of you for easy surgeries and easier recoveries.
s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
LAVH on Dec 2nd and I'm feeling great

Well, to get me through the day before the surgery, I went and had a manicure, pedicure and facial. It was very relaxing and helped me tremendously!
The morning of surgery, we arrived at the hospital (was already pre-registered) and after a short wait in the waiting area was directed to the "holding" room where everyone comes and talks to you, takes vitals, and the anesthesiologist gives you "the talk". Just before they wheeled me in, the anesthesilogist came back to give me "something to relax you" Woke up in recovery room - don't remember being wheeled to my room and woke up to my family and friends. I got home on Saturday evening and can't believe that the worst pain I have felt is still way better that what I was going through monthly with the adeno! I keep thinking "If I knew then what I know now" I would not have been such a wreck before the surgery and would have taken more time to enjoy life!

's to everyone getting ready to go to the castle. I hope your experience is as good or better than mine!

Darlene
Unread 12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
LAVH on Dec 2nd and I'm feeling great

Well, to get me through the day before the surgery, I went and had a manicure, pedicure and facial. It was very relaxing and helped me tremendously!
The morning of surgery, we arrived at the hospital (was already pre-registered) and after a short wait in the waiting area was directed to the "holding" room where everyone comes and talks to you, takes vitals, and the anesthesiologist gives you "the talk". Just before they wheeled me in, the anesthesilogist came back to give me "something to relax you" Woke up in recovery room - don't remember being wheeled to my room and woke up to my family and friends. I got home on Saturday evening and can't believe that the worst pain I have felt is still way better that what I was going through monthly with the adeno! I keep thinking "If I knew then what I know now" I would not have been such a wreck before the surgery and would have taken more time to enjoy life!

Was up walking around the night of surgery (wanted to get rid of the gassy stomach) and made little trips through the day on Saturday until they released me.

's to everyone getting ready to go to the castle. I hope your experience is as good or better than mine!

Darlene
Unread 12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Hi hon, Every thought you could possibly imagined, I did too. When its all over , you will be so happy ! You will be just fine. Try to think about the postive things and how much better your quality of life will be once you heal.
I'm sending you S and Best Wishes...
Unread 12-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Nessaw36 I will be thinking of you, too, and it sure is nice to know there is a "sister" going through it on the same day! Hope you are first case, the waiting must be hard if you aren't. I am...OR time is 7: 30 am!
Dodi
Unread 12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm nervous help!!

I can only say I kept myself as busy as possible in the last few days. Beds changed, food in etc. I remember being wheeled down and not much else. I don't really remember coming round, just being in my room and all well and truely over. It isn't as bad as you imagine- honestly. I think it's worse for all your loved ones actually- you are after all completely asleep and unaware!!! Just think of better times ahead.....
Unread 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Being scared is very common when facing surgery. I wanted to be relaxed about the surgery. I had never had surgery in my entire life. I decided to view the surgery as an adventure; something different. So, with that in mind I was able to go about my normal routines worry-free of the surgery. Nervousness tried to rear its ugly head occasionally, but I fought it off. When I got to the castle I was quite proud of myself on how relaxed I was. I was in good spirits and made sure I kept smiling. Smiling makes me happy. My blood pressure was its normal reading.

Looking back at the surgery, being put to sleep was a piece of cake. My doctor said I went out fast. I don't have any recollection of when I was given the dose that put me to sleep. Because I was so relaxed, I wasn't given anything to relax me. I must have been awake in the OR after the surgery because my doctor said she told me it was over and I said "ok". I don't remember that. I remember waking up in recovery and thinking I was dreaming. I felt like I was in la-la land. I did not have any pain either.

I think my being naturally relaxed really helped me. I believe the body needs to have a happy aura for surgery. It certainly did the trick for me.

Best wishes and 's!! Think happy thoughts!
Unread 12-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm nervous help!!

Thank you all for the stories and well wishes. I wish the same to all that is getting ready to have surgery and those that's recovering. I feel much better now. My last day at work is Thursday (half day). I don't know when my surgery is going to be, but I hope it's early. I will keep everyone posted when I come home and please lets keep in touch so we all know how things went. Best wishes and God Bless!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register