I'm nervous help!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm nervous help!! I'm nervous help!!

Unread 12-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm nervous help!!

I am in the process of scheduling my princess trip to the castle some time this month . This will be my 3rd surgery this year[for other reasons] . Both times they put a la-la drug in my IV so by the time I got to the operating room, I didn't care. I also had an anesthestist who teasingly asked me if I was clostrophobic as he was putting the gas mask on. the next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room. Good luck and God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Thank you compaqnurse5 I really appreciate you telling me about your past experiences and I'm hoping mine will be as smooth. Good luck to you as well with your upcoming surgery and God bless you too!!
Unread 12-06-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm nervous help!!

My TAH is also 12/9. I'm nervous too but I have to have faith in the castle staff and of course the King. Trust your doc and pray pray pray. I'll pray for you and all the other ladies in waiting as we are being wheeled down the hall on our special morning. They say laughter is the best medicine so when I start to freak out I just imagine my husband trying to run the household while I am recovering. If your family is like mine, they think tiny little fairies do all the work while they are asleep, at work, or at school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm nervous help!!

Peggy44 I will be praying for you as well. I will and have been praying praying and still praying and I do have faith that all will go well. I know what you mean about the fairies (ha). Thank goodness my mom will be in town for 10 days to help out. I know we will all be just fine. I find comfort in Psalms 91. Peggy44 I wish you the best and I will be thinking about you on Friday too. Best wishes to all.
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm nervous help!!

I hear you loud and clear sister! I'm scheduled for the 12th. Total ab keeping one ovary. I've never had major surgery before either. I'm more frightened of bleeding to death than not waking up. Which isn't going to happen! I think it's perfectly natural that we're apprehensive but that doesn't make it any easier to face the unknown. I have a couple of mild sedatives on hand just in case things get to scary. How about calling your doc and requesting something light just to take the edge off?
I'm also dreading my reporting time of 5:30 am! Geez! I'd rather just spend the night at the hospital than get up at 4 am.
We'll be fine but still nervous.
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm nervous help!!

Wow Sheppy 5:30!! That's early. I hope I don't have to go in that early. I won't know until tomorrow, which is another thing that's driving me crazy, not knowing what time my surgery is going to be. I will call my doctor and see what he can prescribe for me. Good luck to you on the 12th. I'm hoping to be out by the 11th, no later then the 12th, so I will be getting back with everyone as soon as I'm home and feeling better. Take care all. Oh by the way, I received the Hyster Sister's Guide in the mail yesterday and I've started reading it, it's a great book.
Unread 12-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm nervous help!!

My surgery was scheduled for 7:30 AM and I had to be at the castle at 5 AM.

The staff was great. They explained everything that they were doing as they went along. When it came time for the surgery, my doctor was standing in front of me to my right. She was asking me about Christmas shopping and that was the last think I remember. I don't remember too much in the recovery room, except they gave me plenty of drugs so I wasn't feeling any pain.

I wish everyone the same exceptional care that I received.
Unread 12-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Nessaw36 and sheppy:
I too will make my trip to the castle tomorrow...they want me there at 6 for a 7:30 procedure. Thank heavens I am first case, I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait. They'd HAVE to sedate me!
I am nervous and I can tell because I haven't stopped moving since I got home from work at about 1:30...also was very snappy at DH which was not a good thing...apologized profusely, after all he will be my caretaker! I felt so bad for doing that! He's going to need patience in the coming weeks, I fear...
Good luck to all us December 9 princesses and see you on the other side!
Dodi
Unread 12-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Hi luvlabs, I'm not sure if you are still on or not, but today I had a total meltdown. I was driving to target (ha) and lost it. I called my husband and he wasn't at his desk, but by the time he called me back I was better. I can say that I'm feeling pretty good right now, but I'm not sure how I'm going to fell later. My surgery is scheduled for 10:45am!! I have to be there by 8:45am, I can't believe I have to wait longer. I was hoping to be one of the first to go. We are suppose to get about 5-7 inches of snow, so I'm hoping that this isn't cancelled. I don't think so. I just want this over with. I will be thinking about all of my sisters that are going to the castle tomorrow and the days to come. I will see you as well on the other side. Take care all!!!
Unread 12-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm nervous help!!

It looks like I will be too late, but maybe you will check in quickly before you go into the hospital Friday morning. I just had TAH/BSO on Monday. It was my first surgical procedure in my 35 years of life and I was terrified. The best thing I did was TELL THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST THAT YOU ARE SCARED! Mine was awesome. She didn't belittle me or try to say "oh, you'll be fine - we do these all the time". She gave me a little cocktail to help me relax a little bit, then stood the holding with me and my hubby for 10 minutes (which you know is eons in Dr. time) just chatting with us trying to put me at ease. When I started to settle down, we went into the OR, and I remember thinking that the OR was so cold, but I wasn't going to complain. Next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery. It was so scary, but I'm glad that I fessed up to the anesthesiologist. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register